News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New For 2021

Started by Takama, December 02, 2020, 08:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IS7Z4FQCP10
A review of the Pinacosaurus. I do really like the sculpt, but the paint scheme is where this figure falls short. I rather PNSO resort back to duller or simpler color schemes if it means prices will go back down. Especially when the application does not deliver well. I don't have much to say about this figure at the moment, mine is currently in transit. I am hoping this figure is better in hand than in photos.

Carnoking

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Are they just going to release 50 figures this year and then nothing for the next 10 years? Doesn't sound like a sustainable business plan. But there will be many more beautiful models for us to get excited about, and no space or money left.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Lynx

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on January 20, 2021, 10:31:24 PM
Are they just going to release 50 figures this year and then nothing for the next 10 years? Doesn't sound like a sustainable business plan. But there will be many more beautiful models for us to get excited about, and no space or money left.
Probably not. However I doubt we will have as many releases next year if any, but not giving any figures for the next ten years seems like a stretch. With all the money PNSO is making right now I see no reason to just shut down again all of a sudden.
An oversized house cat.

Sim

I await new figures from PNSO impatiently.  Since I've only liked two of their new figures so far, Miragaia and Carnotaurus, I hope among what PNSO is yet to release there will be more that I like.

Dinoxels

Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Lynx

Quote from: Sim on January 20, 2021, 10:48:17 PM
I await new figures from PNSO impatiently.  Since I've only liked two of their new figures so far, Miragaia and Carnotaurus, I hope among what PNSO is yet to release there will be more that I like.
Same here. I only like two of their figures (the 2020 T rex and the 2020 Microraptor).  I am hoping that allosaurus will come sooner rather then later.
An oversized house cat.

Bread

Quote from: Lynx on January 20, 2021, 10:45:31 PM
Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on January 20, 2021, 10:31:24 PM
Probably not. However I doubt we will have as many releases next year if any, but not giving any figures for the next ten years seems like a stretch. With all the money PNSO is making right now I see no reason to just shut down again all of a sudden.
50 figures, assuming they are all original/no duplicate genus made, is not a lot. Remember, we have no clue whether or not PNSO will make just dinosaurs. If they are capable of releasing one figure a week, then I don't see why they can't release anything next year. In my opinion, they are clearly making a mark as a dominant company in the market.
Quote from: Carnoking on January 20, 2021, 10:19:23 PM
Oh no.
The exact words in my mind right now.
Thank you for the post!
I love this but at the same time I can't afford this. Hopefully these will not just be dinosaurs. I would love to see some prehistoric mammals, amphibians, etc...
I think I am going to make a full on list of certain desires I would like due to this announcement.
Edit: I'll put up my list in 2021 PNSO Hopes and Dreams thread.

Bread

Also, I'd like to add that there is no confirmation whether these new releases will be part of their mid-size line, museum, or even their vinyls.

I assume, and hope, we will receive figures that were already announced a while ago. The parasaurolophus and zhuchengtyrannus are the two I am waiting for the most.

stargatedalek

Let's not forget minis, some of these could be new miniatures which makes 50 figures sound a lot less daunting if a 20+ chunk of them might be a third wave of minis.

Carnoking

I do hope for some variety, either in scale or types of animals. 50 or so dinosaurs in the standard line is way too much of a good thing.

Faelrin

I really hope we get more minis. Plenty of things to pick from that would serve well as a smaller figure.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Dinoxels

Quote from: stargatedalek on January 20, 2021, 11:11:46 PM
Let's not forget minis, some of these could be new miniatures which makes 50 figures sound a lot less daunting if a 20+ chunk of them might be a third wave of minis.
I would like more minis in my opinion.
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

suspsy

YES. MORE MINIS, PLEASE.

Sorry about the all caps, but I really am keen for more minis. Can't you tell?
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

gfxtwin

I hope one of the figures is just an upper size estimate version of their current Spinosaurus model to cut down on work load, possibly with minor tweaks for any needed accuracy improvements.  There's already a substantial collection in the PNSO catalogue to choose from. Speaking for myself I'd be more than content with three or four releases a year at most from here on out (my bank account would be as well).  :))

Kaustav Bhattacharyya

Hoping for a highly accurate Velociraptor mongoliensis (renowned mongolian thief) figure after Chinese new year. More Asian dinosaurs including a T.battar figure too.

Stegotyranno420

K @Kaustav Bhattacharyya i kind of dont think we should get T.Baatar.
1. we already got 2 tyrannosaurs
2. Tarbosaurus is just a skinnier Asian tyrannosaurus
3. There are plenty of hebrivores that i belive will be more better to see than T. Baatar

and this is coming from a guy who loves theropods

Wallnut

I think the same thing.There's high chance that half of the new PNSO realeses will be minis.

SRF

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on January 21, 2021, 08:38:56 AM
K @Kaustav Bhattacharyya i kind of dont think we should get T.Baatar.
1. we already got 2 tyrannosaurs
2. Tarbosaurus is just a skinnier Asian tyrannosaurus
3. There are plenty of hebrivores that i belive will be more better to see than T. Baatar

and this is coming from a guy who loves theropods

And PNSO already has a Zhuchentyrannus in the pipeline, so the wish for a large Asian Tyrannosaur is already getting fulfilled.
But today, I'm just being father

Ezikot

Nice review of the pinacosaurus, thank you for sharing, avatar_Bread @Bread
And thank you, avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking, for sharing the news... I don't know if I'm happy or scared  :)) 

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: