News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New For 2021

Started by Takama, December 02, 2020, 08:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnoking

I'm putting this in all of the PNSO threads I know of, but does anyone know of a tried and true way to get in touch with PNSO? My Winter Wilson arrived with a fixed jaw.

Dinoxels

Quote from: Carnoking on January 22, 2021, 11:46:53 PM
I'm putting this in all of the PNSO threads I know of, but does anyone know of a tried and true way to get in touch with PNSO? My Winter Wilson arrived with a fixed jaw.
I would get in touch with Dan's Dinosaurs to send you a replacement. They did so for D @Dino Scream3232 when his arrived without a tongue.
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Blade-of-the-Moon

Did you try warming it? i recall rebor or nanmu had some issues where it stuck good like it was fixed.

Carnoking

I don't want to put it all on Dan because it's a manufacturing error, not a retail error. Since it was shipped directly from China, there was no way for him to know there was an issue with it, and because of that it makes more sense to try and hold PNSO accountable instead of him. As far as heating the joint goes, I did the old hot water trick and noticed some give, but it was only because the plastic around the hinge was beginning to split both inside and outside of the mouth.

I might try some hotter water, but even if that suddenly makes the hinge work, the splitting plastic is a bother.

GojiraGuy1954

I'd like to see PNSO do a Tarbo if they included the Dewlap that it has been suggested to have because of preserved scales
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Dino Scream3232

Quote from: Dinoxels on January 23, 2021, 12:06:06 AM
I would get in touch with Dan's Dinosaurs to send you a replacement. They did so for D @Dino Scream3232 when his arrived without a tongue.

Get in touch with your seller. Dan contacted PNSO for me. They are sending a replacement tongue. Which is just an easy fix for mine. This makes a few people having fixed jaws. Definitely some QC going on.

Bread

Well here they are! PNSO's Carnotaurus and Pinacosaurus! Love both of them, but I do have some criticisms. The Carnotaurus seems to be standing for now without the support rod, but I don't know how long this will last. Still love this figure, and that is my only issue with it. The Pinacosaurus is quite small. As you can see, in the images below, the Pinacosaurus is very small compared to the Ankylosaurus. The colors are nice and somewhat original compared to any other model this size, but they are sloppy in some areas. Other than that, I love this figure and makes a nice addition to my collection.

suspsy

The Pinacosaurus is so darned adorable!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Stegotyranno420

Bart reminds me of a large turtle more than a ankylosaur in my opinion and I don't know why

Bokisaurus

Awesome avatar_Bread @Bread ! I just got the Carno as well

Shonisaurus

Magnificent figures of dinosaurs. The carnotaurus did not know that it had stability problems, I suppose that is a prudential reason to buy said figure for the end.

On the other hand, the pinacosaurus is a small but quite interesting figure, it is very well modeled and it is one of the few figures of that armored dinosaur that exist on the market. The only thing I may not like is the painting, it is very beautiful but it is speculative, it is something fantastic, but who could know what the coloration of that species of ankylosaur was like? Honestly, no one knows how the color of that dinosaur could be. He is honestly a figure that falls into the rank of notable figures with an 8 or 8, t though not entirely outstanding.

Honestly, the picacosaurus is a very nice and cheap figure and it will be with my time. avatar_Bread @Bread  My congratulations on your two figures. They just made my day.

Carnoking

Where'd you get them from avatar_Bread @Bread
Love my carnotaurus! I've actually noticed in the days that I've unboxed it that it's become more sturdy on its feet, which I hope it can stay that way!
I Am yet to pick up Bart though...

Remko

The small size of the Pinacosaurus is not really an issue. The animal itself wasn't that large either, so it looks to scale very well with the Ankylosaurus.

The Carnotaurus looks great, but I believe earlier in this thread someone mentioned it to be 1:35th.
I really doubt that, it looks very large compared to the new Wilson. More in the 1:25th scale.

What's the size of the Carnotaurus along the spine?

Carnoking

It's about 10 inches along the spine. High end estimates of carnotaurus put it at 30 feet, so if my math is correct I think it lands nicely around that 1:35 scale.

Remko

Quote from: Carnoking on January 23, 2021, 09:31:41 PM
It's about 10 inches along the spine. High end estimates of carnotaurus put it at 30 feet, so if my math is correct I think it lands nicely around that 1:35 scale.

Huh, I didn't expect that.
Thanks!

Bread

Thanks everyone! Hopefully these images help anyone who is uncertain to purchase any of these.
Quote from: Carnoking on January 23, 2021, 08:07:25 PM
Where'd you get them from avatar_Bread @Bread
Love my carnotaurus! I've actually noticed in the days that I've unboxed it that it's become more sturdy on its feet, which I hope it can stay that way!
I Am yet to pick up Bart though...
I ordered these off of Model Toy Center, Aliexpress. They arrived in less than 2 weeks, and I live here in the states. Seller is easy to communicate and provides fast shipping. However, at the moment, their store is temporarily closed due to a certain penalty that I am unaware of. This won't stop me from ordering from them, though.
Quote from: Remko on January 23, 2021, 08:25:40 PM
The small size of the Pinacosaurus is not really an issue. The animal itself wasn't that large either, so it looks to scale very well with the Ankylosaurus.

The Carnotaurus looks great, but I believe earlier in this thread someone mentioned it to be 1:35th.
I really doubt that, it looks very large compared to the new Wilson. More in the 1:25th scale.

What's the size of the Carnotaurus along the spine?
I should have specified that my issue is not really the size, but more of the price being high for its size. My bad. Also, to add to avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking's answer to the Carnotaurus scale. Wilson's pose makes the Carnotaurus feel rather large. As the Carnotaurus also has an upright posture compared to Wilson in a mid to low posture.

terrorchicken

what is it about the carnotaurus' head that bothers me so much? Im sure its accurate but something about it seems so off to me, like the jaws look weird when the mouth is closed.  Im no expert so I dont know exactly what it is Im seeing wrong ...maybe Im just not feeling it aesthetically?  :-\

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Everything Dinosaur said the Carnotaurus is 1:32 scale, so probably only a little bigger than the so desired 1:35.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Dinoxels

My package from Dan's Dinosaurs which had the Carnotaurus had a weird bubble wrap box with no cardboard. Is this normal?
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

SidB

Quote from: Dinoxels on January 30, 2021, 11:14:21 AM
My package from Dan's Dinosaurs which had the Carnotaurus had a weird bubble wrap box with no cardboard. Is this normal?
All of my PNSO acquisitions from Dan's have come direct from China, well wrapped in this bubble wrap cocoon, but also with a box within, so, yes, that seems unusuaL.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: