News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New For 2021

Started by Takama, December 02, 2020, 08:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ezikot

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on April 16, 2021, 06:27:30 PM
From that image I'd say that Austin looks about 1:25 scale at a guess? Smaller than the Safari
the picture reports a lenght of 178mm... so you should be right, but I'm not good at math :D   

PrimevalRaptor

Love the colors on this guy, remind me of the Carnegie Diplodocus, that green/yellow combination is amazing. Apart from the lack of the thick tail base the sculpt is also great. scales aren't too big and the dewlap is a great touch.
I do prefer the pose and the size of the osteoderms on this one to the Safari one, but both of them are great additions to collections!

SidB

The tail base seems to me to be decently wide in the horizontal plane; it's just that it seems a bit thin vertically.

SidB

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on April 16, 2021, 06:27:30 PM
From that image I'd say that Austin looks about 1:25 scale at a guess? Smaller than the Safari
Should fit in okay with most of their releases, if that's so.

Skorpio V.

Quote from: PrimevalRaptor on April 16, 2021, 07:26:17 PM
Love the colors on this guy, remind me of the Carnegie Diplodocus, that green/yellow combination is amazing.

Even down to the bluish hue on the head (less so on Austin but it's there, as well as his eye)!

Edit: I've realized on the 3rd given picture from avatar_SRF @SRF , the Austin on the stand seems to have less paint detail than on the other prototype images.
On and off dinosaur collecting phases over the span of millions of years has led me to this very forum.

Faelrin

avatar_Skorpio V. @Skorpio V. Good catch with that. Probably is the final product or a sample I would imagine. Definitely noticeable but I could live with it. I still want to wait for in hand pics or videos as well to get an idea. I know the Borealopelta really took the hit the most of these so far I think.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Bokisaurus

Amazing and beautiful model! Looks great and stands out from all the other Pachy so far.😃

KeU

SidB

Primeval12

SRF

Quote from: Primeval12 on April 18, 2021, 12:12:28 PM
Any news on a price?

Not yet, but it's available in PNSO's Amazon store from tomorrow. Hopefully it's available on AliExpress soon after that.
But today, I'm just being father

Shonisaurus

I suppose that figure will be quite affordable from an economic point of view judging by the photographs it will cost at least a quarter of that of its tyrannosaurus counterpart Wilson. Austin must be mine once and for all!

Gwangi

Austin is now on Amazon for $30.99. I gotta say, that seems overpriced to me. Although I said that I might like it more than Safari's Pachy I already have Safari's and I don't see this one as being so significantly better that I should have to spend that much on it. I've said it before but I'll say it again, PNSO seems to be forgetting what the initial appeal of their mid-sized line was. I'll see how much he costs on Aliexpress before making my final decision.

SRF

Quote from: Gwangi on April 18, 2021, 08:52:04 PM
Austin is now on Amazon for $30.99. I gotta say, that seems overpriced to me. Although I said that I might like it more than Safari's Pachy I already have Safari's and I don't see this one as being so significantly better that I should have to spend that much on it. I've said it before but I'll say it again, PNSO seems to be forgetting what the initial appeal of their mid-sized line was. I'll see how much he costs on Aliexpress before making my final decision.

So it's in the same price range as the Sinoceratops on Amazon, making it more expensive than some of the other figures like the Pachyrhinosaurus and even the Lambeosaurus.

Due to the fact that Pachycephalosaurus is a well known and popular species, I'm not surprised. If the Pachycephalosaurus gets the same price tag as the Sinoceratops on AliExpress, it's not too bad for me. If so I'll purchase it immediately.
But today, I'm just being father

EarthboundEiniosaurus

Jeez, that certainly is a pretty penny to pay for a modestly sized figure, verging on overpriced in my opinion. Looks like it won't be an instant buy for me like I thought it would.
"Just think about it... Ceratopsids were the Late Cretaceous Laramidian equivalent of todays birds of paradise. And then there's Sinoceratops..."
- Someone, somewhere, probably.

Takama

Since it appears that this model is now Avalible (Unlike that Cachradontosaurus) I now Updated the first post.   I also added the Bronzes for the heck of it.

I dont add models to the first post unless i know they are Released, (Dont want a Battat Terra like issue)

suspsy

I shall wait and see if I can find it for a better price on eBay.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Bread

Quote from: EarthboundEiniosaurus on April 18, 2021, 10:23:24 PM
Jeez, that certainly is a pretty penny to pay for a modestly sized figure, verging on overpriced in my opinion. Looks like it won't be an instant buy for me like I thought it would.
My thoughts exactly. I will however let everyone know if Aliexpress has a better price, hopefully below $25.

Faelrin

Yeah that seems a bit much to me as well. And there's still the Safari Ltd one I'm behind on as well, to take that into account.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Shonisaurus

I suppose that the sellers will value the quality of the product but honestly it seems to me a figure at a fairly high price for the size it has. That PNSO pachycephalosaurus can wait for me indefinitely at least for several months.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: