News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

New PNSO Reference Thread: All About Past & Present (Images Heavy Thread)

Started by RobinGoodfellow, December 10, 2020, 05:30:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roselaar

Oh my, this is an impressive and in-depth reference thread for this wonderful line! Manuy thanks for taking the time and effort to compile it all!  ^-^

RobinGoodfellow

Thanks to everyone for the kind words.  ^-^

Quote from: Doyouthinkhesaurus Rex on December 11, 2020, 07:41:58 AM

Also if we're adding alternate colors, they changed the colors of Duke the Spinops. Mine is a lighter green with more noticeable back stripes, as well as small white stripes on the frill. Theres no orange on the side of the belly either.

Please, feel free to add images of your different model to this thread ( this should be the spirit of the forum  ;) ).

:)

Bread

I decided to add some PNSO images to this reference thread. Hope it is no trouble avatar_RobinGoodfellow @RobinGoodfellow.

If you can see the left display case, there are some models that I have not seen before. One being a possible Carnotaurus in the middle, the top and bottom cases I can not make out what exactly they are.
Also if you look to the right, in the stair case like display, there is the Yangchuanosaurus and Chungkingosaurus larger models (I assume vinyls that were never released). There are images of these figures on page 1 of this thread.

More angles of the displays.

I see a few stuffed animals/dinosaurs at the bottom, unless these are completely unrelated to PNSO

Some books to the left, that I have never seen before. The books on the right were presented earlier in this thread.

This Yutyrannus, I assume, has a similar pose to the Ceratosaurus, although this is much larger. Hope we get this in figure form soon.

Note: These images were found on their official instagram account. I also noticed that they no longer post there. These photos were taken at Hong Kong Toys & Games Fair.

I have posted these images of unreleased vinyls in another thread. If these are useless, please let me know, I'll edit my post to remove these three images. Hopefully these get release though, I believe there was a rumor that vinyls (not these specifically) will be coming back next year?

Shonisaurus

avatar_Bread @Bread Thanks for the photos. It is good that they make a version, in this case much larger vinyl of chugkinsaurus and yangchuanosaurus I sincerely wish that this set of figures will be commercialized soon, as unfortunately the museum quality figure yangchuanosaurus does not stand properly, in fact, it does not stand up. Hope the vinyl yangchuanosaurus doesn't suffer from those stability issues.

Halichoeres

Thanks for putting this together, avatar_RobinGoodfellow @RobinGoodfellow. Following you on Flickr, I thought you might be up to something like this, it was exciting to watch it slowly take shape. I wish that people would avoid starting line-specific threads or "New for 20xx" threads if they don't intend to maintain and update them. PNSO has really suffered from this tendency.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

RobinGoodfellow

Due to the big explosion of new PNSO figures, I thought that a reference thread could be useful to DTF collectors.
I will try to keep this thread updated as fast as I can.
With the help of all the other DTF members, of course..
^-^

DaleRussell

Do you guys think PNSO will make Boreopelta, Parasaurolophus and Torosaurus? into large vinyls? Since they released Boreo in the smaller scale, I'm hoping they wont release all of these in that smaller size.

Bread

Quote from: DaleRussell on December 15, 2020, 10:23:29 PM
Do you guys think PNSO will make Boreopelta, Parasaurolophus and Torosaurus? into large vinyls? Since they released Boreo in the smaller scale, I'm hoping they wont release all of these in that smaller size.
Honestly, I don't think anyone could say yes or no. PNSO can be quite a mystery when producing anything, which is not a bad thing, but it just leaves us clueless when expecting any future items. In my opinion, no for the boreopelta, but maybe for the Para and Torosaurus. This assumption is based on my thoughts on PNSO not making larger versions of their medium size figures. There has been rumors of a Para for a while now, but not sure whether it will be vinyl or medium size (main line imo). However, no one really knows 100%, but we'll see! :)

Edit: Also, if you look throughout this thread alot of vinyls have been canceled or never released sadly, which makes me believe only a few vinyls will be made or possibly none, but once again, who knows....

Shonisaurus

I sincerely prefer that the mentioned figures of dinosaurs are not vinyl figures. In my case I declined to buy Rebor's versions of tyrannosaurus rex, I prefer PVC or solid plastic figures.

Georassic

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I hope they do release the Torosaurus in PVC even though it is yet another Ceratopsid, Torosaurus is a classic that has is lacking decent representation in plastic.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Halichoeres

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on December 15, 2020, 06:01:03 PM
Due to the big explosion of new PNSO figures, I thought that a reference thread could be useful to DTF collectors.
I will try to keep this thread updated as fast as I can.
With the help of all the other DTF members, of course..
^-^

This is why I'm glad you've started this; I know you'll keep it up to date!

On the subject of large vinyl figures vs. PVC figures, generally I'm only interested in the vinyls for really immense animals (sauropods, very large mosasaurs, a handful of ornithischians like the Shantungosaurus they already made). For almost everything else I like the solid PVC format or the miniatures.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

The PNSO tyrannosaurus rex is immense, it is obviously more expensive as a museum figure, honestly it is a total improvement with respect to tyrannosaurus Wilson. avatar_RobinGoodfellow @RobinGoodfellow Thank you for the purchase link, as always so attentive when informing all DTF members.

Duna

terrorchicken

that T-rex is a chonker!
do you think they'll ever re-release the minis or the Chinese species/genus minis that were slightly larger again? There's still alot of those I wasn't able to get.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: terrorchicken on December 19, 2020, 06:24:40 PM
that T-rex is a chonker!
do you think they'll ever re-release the minis or the Chinese species/genus minis that were slightly larger again? There's still alot of those I wasn't able to get.

On Aliexpress minis are still available (both: "chinese" species / regular line).
Maybe some figures are out of stock right now but you can buy lots of them there.

postsaurischian

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on December 20, 2020, 07:20:23 AM
Quote from: terrorchicken on December 19, 2020, 06:24:40 PM
that T-rex is a chonker!

On Aliexpress minis are still available (both: "chinese" species / regular line).
Maybe some figure is out of stock right now but you can buy lots of them there.

... also at Everything Dinosaur: https://www.everythingdinosaur.com/product-category/models-and-inflatables/pnso-age-of-dinosaurs/

Kapitaenosavrvs

Thank you very very much, avatar_RobinGoodfellow @RobinGoodfellow! This was beautiful to read/look at.

"The book about Marine Reptiles is available in Chinese, French and Italian language." So... i have to find my old, french Schoolbooks again? Dammit. :(

Also, i did not know about these HUGE Whales. The Blue Whale is almost 1 Meter, holy Sea!
Also, what the Heck happend to the Sperm Whale. It looks so wrong. The Eyeposition is completely off, mouth, everything. Sperm Whales look a lot different durning their life, but this looks like a Mix between a young Sperm Whale and a Pygmy Sperm Whale. That Eye... looks like a Monster :D

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: