News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recur : New for 2021

Started by Takama, February 04, 2021, 10:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Still no sign of Recur toys at my local TRUs.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

stargatedalek

Quote from: suspsy on August 16, 2021, 12:41:25 PM
No sign of them here (or online) either.

suspsy

Quote from: stargatedalek on August 26, 2021, 03:53:31 PM
Quote from: suspsy on August 16, 2021, 12:41:25 PM
No sign of them here (or online) either.

Perhaps around Xmas then. TRU Canada isn't exactly known for getting new merchandise in quickly.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Duna

Thanks for your reviews avatar_Prehistory Resurrection @Prehistory Resurrection The basilosaurus is in fact the only Recur figur I have (I was lucky to buy it to another collector) and I really like it a lot. The material is a bit meh, soft as a bath toy, but overall is a wonderful accurate figure.

Duck

He who dwells in pond

Shonisaurus

That figure is not bad. Intended for a fairly childish audience, but she is an acceptable figure.

Fembrogon

Oh, snap, I hadn't seen the Sinosaurus before. That looks quite good!
I haven't been following Recur at all, really; how are they doing on distribution? I notice their official Amazon page is looking a bit sparse; I suppose that could just be the result of the current times?

Flaffy

Information regarding the elusive Sinosaurus:
- the original run was a crowdfunding exclusive. Link to campaign (same site PNSO uses): https://zhongchou.modian.com/item/109932.html#comment
- the price was ~$43 for the Sinosaurus model tier. The prototype was 3D printed, then casted.
- I emailed them enquiring about the product. These can be ordered outside of the campaign... but via wholesale, not retail. The MOQ is 500 units...

Detailed pics of the prototype.

Digital 3D sculpt
Spoiler

[close]

Digital render with colour + painted 3D printed prototype
Spoiler

[close]

Fembrogon

What material is the Sinosaurus made of? I'm guessing it's not the same squishy hollow style as their other figures, at that price point and packaging.

Strepsodus

That's interesting, it's got featheress

Gwangi

I have no interest in Recur, I just checked this thread on a whim. But WOW, I really like that Sinosaurus.

terrorchicken

nice sculpt but that paint job is Collecta-tier

Strepsodus

It's a nice sculpt, but I would wait for a knockoff if it's  gonna be Recur-Quality

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: Strepsodus on December 20, 2021, 11:36:14 PM
It's a nice sculpt, but I would wait for a knockoff if it's  gonna be Recur-Quality
Do you want companies to go out of business?
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on December 21, 2021, 12:32:59 AM
Their fault for only making 500
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Strepsodus

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on December 21, 2021, 12:32:59 AM

I don't like the way you insinuated that I only buy knockoffs, only when the figure is hard to find because I don't want to pay more for "quality" than I would rather. If they only make 500 of them and market it for four times their usual price for figures, then it's their fault only diehard collectors would go through the trouble to get one.

Also I sincerely doubt that the Sinosaurus will be a matter of life-or-death for recur as they would have probably done a better job to meet supply and demand had they been desperate. I also doubt that the purchases of a couple people relating to a figure that they only make 500 of would really spell doom for them. Im quite sick of having my opinions revolving knockoffs being brutalized on this forum because some people don't want to pay an exorbitant amount of money for things that they could easily get for less if they prefer.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: