News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Raptor pit and raptor cage of Jurassic Park (made with wood).

Started by Jetoar, October 19, 2012, 04:22:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetoar

Hello friends. I will share with you my photographs of my raptor pit and cage of Jurassic Park. My father did this pit and cage when I was a child for my raptor. Six years ago, I painted the cage and the pit  ^-^.

Raptor cage  ^-^.

Raptor pit  ^-^.

Conection of cage and pit  ^-^.

It is different to the movie because my father used the comics of Topps to make the pit and cage  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Himmapaan

Blade-of-the-Moon

Nice job ! ;D It's great you and father were also able to share something like this as well.

My grandpa helped me build one almost 12 years ago or so, I still haven't really finished it the way I wanted. But here are some pics :

It's also mostly wood, some cardboard and plastic here and there as well.  Still can't believe Kenner and Hasbro both missed out on making this a playset.

ZoPteryx

Jetoar

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on October 19, 2012, 06:12:12 PM
Nice job ! ;D It's great you and father were also able to share something like this as well.

My grandpa helped me build one almost 12 years ago or so, I still haven't really finished it the way I wanted. But here are some pics :

It's also mostly wood, some cardboard and plastic here and there as well.  Still can't believe Kenner and Hasbro both missed out on making this a playset.

Thanks friend  :)) !. Your Raptor Pit is very similar to the movie version and I think that it is better than my version becasuse my version it is Topp comics Raptor Pit. I am thinking to do changes in my  raptor pit but is too hard to do changes  because I have much affection  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

Jetoar

Quote from: Zopteryx on October 19, 2012, 06:35:47 PM
Most impressive! :o

Thanks friend  :)) ! I have much affection to it and I played alot hours when I was a child  ^-^.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Jetoar on October 19, 2012, 07:52:14 PM

Thanks friend  :)) !. Your Raptor Pit is very similar to the movie version and I think that it is better than my version becasuse my version it is Topp comics Raptor Pit. I am thinking to do changes in my  raptor pit but is too hard to do changes  because I have much affection  ^-^.

Hey your accurate to a JP-verse so your good..don't change a thing !

Now for an upgrade..you may want to just build another one ! ;D

I've had plans to redo the top of the security tower, add led lights and such maybe even gut one of those The Lost World Raptor hand puppets and put the electronics in there for sound effects. I guess it could use a " dino-damage " area as well..lol  I do need to completely redo my raptor transport cage though..it's just hot glue and cardboard. I've seen several people start a cage replica kit but just never finish it I guess.

Jetoar

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on October 19, 2012, 08:36:03 PM
Quote from: Jetoar on October 19, 2012, 07:52:14 PM

Hey your accurate to a JP-verse so your good..don't change a thing !

Now for an upgrade..you may want to just build another one ! ;D

I've had plans to redo the top of the security tower, add led lights and such maybe even gut one of those The Lost World Raptor hand puppets and put the electronics in there for sound effects. I guess it could use a " dino-damage " area as well..lol  I do need to completely redo my raptor transport cage though..it's just hot glue and cardboard. I've seen several people start a cage replica kit but just never finish it I guess.

I think the same with my Raptor Pit  ^-^. I think that my tower is too high and I think that you have a great idea to put led lights and sounds  ^-^.

Gwangi

Those both look fantastic and I'm very envious. I would have a lot of fun with one of those. Perhaps I will try to make one myself? Did Kenner ever make one?

Roselaar

Both excellent custom jobs! Great to see such creative enthusiasm from JP fans.

Jetoar

Quote from: Gwangi on October 19, 2012, 09:36:28 PM
Those both look fantastic and I'm very envious. I would have a lot of fun with one of those. Perhaps I will try to make one myself? Did Kenner ever make one?

Thanks friend ^-^!. I encourage you try to do your Raptor pit. I think that when they did the Comand Compound, Is posible that they was thinking to do the Raptor pen because the tower and the fences from my point of view.

Jetoar

Quote from: Roselaar on October 19, 2012, 10:34:46 PM
Both excellent custom jobs! Great to see such creative enthusiasm from JP fans.

Thanks friend! It is one of my littel treasures of my collection  ^-^.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Kenner never produced an exact replica of the Raptor Pit..I want to say I saw concept art of it somewhere but don't hold me to it.  The command compound was really close..but it's more like the control room, hatchery, with a bit of the JP lodge tossed in and connected to the paddock fences. I did have a TON of fun playing with it though..when the dinosaurs tore down the fence it sounded the alarm..lots of cool there. ;D

Definitely give it a go yourself. If you have any questions about our pieces I'm sure Jetoar and myself can help out there. Progress shots and such can also help others design one. :)

Jetoar

I say the same  ^-^. If you need help, You can ask to Blade or me  :D.

Tyrannosaurid lover

WHAT A COINCIDENCE!
Im mading a raptor pit now, its smaller than yours, mine is gona be 60 x 30 x 25/30 cm.
Do you spend much in buying the wood?
When the time came out the amaizine animals that the time and extintion lef behind will be back.

Jetoar

Quote from: Tyrannosaurid lover on October 21, 2012, 04:24:51 AM
WHAT A COINCIDENCE!
Im mading a raptor pit now, its smaller than yours, mine is gona be 60 x 30 x 25/30 cm.
Do you spend much in buying the wood?

Congratulations  ^-^! I think not because my father has got a lot of woods at home and He used it to do the pit and cage  ^-^.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Same here, we just used scrap that my grandpa had laying around. I'd guess there is maybe 20.00 in wood or so ? Of course it's a bunch of different sizes and thickness and wood pieces generally come larger. You may spend more like 50.00 getting all the different pieces, but you would have enough to build 3 or 4 Pits.  If you have a wood shop around you I would go there. See if they will give/sell you scrap to build with. Heck they may even cut/build one for you.

Tyrannosaurid lover

Thanks xD.
How big are your Raptors pit?
I have a sawmill in front of my house, but also I have a homedeepot about klometros, clay also plan to make an announcement of raptor, ah like that logo that appears on the map of Isla Nublar, you know that red circle with the claw of raptro in black
When the time came out the amaizine animals that the time and extintion lef behind will be back.

Jetoar

Quote from: Tyrannosaurid lover on October 22, 2012, 08:09:40 PM
Thanks xD.
I have a sawmill in front of my house, but also I have a homedeepot about klometros, clay also plan to make an announcement of raptor, ah like that logo that appears on the map of Isla Nublar, you know that red circle with the claw of raptro in black

Yes I know  ^-^. My raptor pit have 36 cm of width and length (out stairs but with platform). The cage is smaller than pit with 33-32 cm ( the size of Velociraptor toy)  ^-^.

Tyrannosaurid lover

Quote from: Jetoar on October 22, 2012, 08:49:15 PM
Quote from: Tyrannosaurid lover on October 22, 2012, 08:09:40 PM
Thanks xD.

Yes I know  ^-^. My raptor pit have 36 cm of width and length (out stairs but with platform). The cage is smaller than pit with 33-32 cm ( the size of Velociraptor toy)  ^-^.
LOL Im planing do mine like 70 cm x 30 x 25x 20
70 long, 30 / 35 wide, 30 / 25 the tower higth and 20 heigth in the lower parts

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: