News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd 2022 Hopes and Dreams

Started by CarnotaurusKing, March 19, 2021, 06:16:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinoxels

Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

suspsy

Quote from: RolandEden on November 24, 2021, 10:04:43 PM
Good news! One friend sent me this!

Don't get your hopes up too high. "Soon" is so elastic, you can easily stretch it from here to January without breaking it.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Fembrogon

Hey, if they need more time to finalize announcements, that's fine with me. Just having an additional confirmation that news is on the way is satisfactory.
(not that I was really doubting anything was coming, but since others seemed worried, the reaffirmation is good)

Faelrin

avatar_suspsy @suspsy Agreed. They've been saying stuff like that since last month. So best to keep being patient and keep expectations low.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Bread

I'm honestly fine with waiting, even if we don't see anything till January. Speaking of which, I don't expect these to have accurate release dates just like their 2021 lineup. I expect these to have quite a bit of delays before their in our hands.

John

I wouldn't mind seeing a sauropodomorph like Plateosaurus from either of Safari's sculptors. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

triceratops83

I hope we don't get a repeat of last year, and I'm sick of hearing the argument that Theropods are better sellers and thus a safe bet for toy companies. Are we really to believe something so iconic as a Brontosaurus wouldn't sell so well? I'd be happy if all we got this year was a big ass 1:35 Doug Watson Brontosaurus/Apatosaurus. I think we're about due for a gigantic Sauropod toy.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

BlueKrono

A Brontosaurus probably would sell. But please... no more. There are so many other species.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: BlueKrono on November 26, 2021, 08:15:57 AM
A Brontosaurus probably would sell. But please... no more. There are so many other species.
Literally two modern Brontosaurus figures exist and both are from the same company. One is a corpse
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Gothmog the Baryonyx

There is also the Mojo Brontosaurus, but a nice big one from Safari Ltd would be most welcome
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Sim

Safari's 2017 Diplodocus and 2019 Camarasaurus were both in 1:40 scale, as was the Carnegie Apatosaurus.  And the newer Carnegie Brachiosaurus was 1:50 scale.  The Safari 2018 Amargasaurus is in a larger scale but it's still shorter than the Safari 2017 Diplodocus.  If Safari makes a new Brontosaurus or Apatosaurus, everything seems to suggest it would be a smaller scale than 1:35.  In any case, I will be frustrated if Safari makes another sauropod before a new Plateosaurus.

SidB

I too, echoing avatar_Sim @Sim , would like to see Safari produce a Plateosaurus, preferably in 1/35 scale. This is one genus that Safari, since its separation from the Carnegie, has not reproduced in an updated sculpt, and it seems high time. Admittedly, I have a strong bias FOR this dinosaur, as it was the very first one, acquired from a cereal box, that I owned. Strong nostalgia here.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on November 26, 2021, 06:24:55 PM
There is also the Mojo Brontosaurus, but a nice big one from Safari Ltd would be most welcome
It's basically a 90s reconstruction though
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Gothmog the Baryonyx

True,

And I still want a Lessemsaurus regardless of how poorly known it is. Probably from CollectA though, not Safari Ltd.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Gwangi

I have no interest in a Brontosaurus/Apatosaurus unless it's in a larger scale than their previous one, which I have and holds up for me quite well. We definitely need a new Plateosaurus.

triceratops83

Plateosaurus is also a high priority for me. With Brontosaurus/Apatosaurus and Plateosaurus I can complete my Rudolph Zallinger "Age Of Reptiles" diorama. Comprised of Safari Dinosaurs and Collecta plants, it's become something of an obsession of mine.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Since Brontosaurus has been separated from Apatosaurus it needn't be an either or situation anymore. Both should be fine.
Would rather see Massospondylus over Plateosaurus but both or either would be lovely. Would also like a Lufengosaurus that is neither massive like the PNSO nor ugly like the CollectA

suspsy

I received an email from Safari Ltd. today, as did many other people. It reads and I quote, "Something BIG is coming tomorrow. Exclusively for our text message subscribers."

Personally, I'm wary about getting my hopes up at all as far as 2022 reveals are concerned, but I'm passing on this news anyway.

stargatedalek

suspsy

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: