News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd 2022 Hopes and Dreams

Started by CarnotaurusKing, March 19, 2021, 06:16:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwangi

Quote from: suspsy on December 07, 2021, 11:13:24 PM
Quote from: stargatedalek on December 07, 2021, 10:15:44 PM
Probably a coupon code or such.

Yeah, you probably nailed it.

That would be really disappointing, and a lame thing for Safari to do when they know we're anticipating some kind of news about their new releases.

Dinoxels

Safari Ltd. when they hype up a flash sale for the 4000th time:
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Fembrogon

I got the email as well. I certainly hope it's news regarding 2022, and not just another sale. Granted, I always like how often Safari offers sales and coupons, but really now...

Shane

Hey guys,

I know everyone is eagerly awaiting new product annoucements and might be "let down" by yet another sale.

But please keep in mind, it IS the holiday shopping season and the end of the year, and many companies are focused on getting the best deals for their customers.

Just please trust me that new products are coming, and there are discussions taking place about the best way to reveal what is in the works to fans.

Despite its footprint in the dino/animal figurine world, Safari is still a small company, so I would just ask that you guys be patient and keep that in mind.

Faelrin

Well thanks for the heads up that we'll still just have to keep waiting longer. Though I do wish we would could get some name drops until there is something available to show.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Shane

Quote from: Faelrin on December 08, 2021, 04:29:28 PM
Well thanks for the heads up that we'll still just have to keep waiting longer. Though I do wish we would could get some name drops until there is something available to show.

Unfortunately as much as I might like to, I cannot spill the beans.

But I am excited about what is coming, and hope that you guys will be too.

Thialfi

Thanks for keeping our hopes fresh S @Shane! I don't mind waiting to be honest, we have had quite a lot of exciting announcements fairly recently between EoFauna, PNSO and CollectA.

Fembrogon

Well, it was indeed a sale - a 40%-off-code flash sale, though, so I took the bait. *laugh*
At least this will clear out more of my wishlist before the 2022 releases drop.

SidB

Quote from: Shane on December 08, 2021, 04:33:29 PM
Quote from: Faelrin on December 08, 2021, 04:29:28 PM

Unfortunately as much as I might like to, I cannot spill the beans.

But I am excited about what is coming, and hope that you guys will be too.
It's safe to say that the DTF, collectively, really wants Safari to succeed, so the reveals will be worth waiting for, looking back over the last half decade.

Primeval12

Quote from: Fembrogon on December 08, 2021, 06:26:41 PM
Well, it was indeed a sale - a 40%-off-code flash sale, though, so I took the bait. *laugh*
At least this will clear out more of my wishlist before the 2022 releases drop.

How do I get the texts and code?

Fembrogon

Do you have an account with their website? Iirc, you can opt in through the account settings with your phone number.

Theriz

I really hope they make a Therizinosaurus. Plateosaurus, Abelisaurus, Corythosaurus, Camptosaurus, and Gallimimus would all be amazing too. Hopefully the lineup in 2022 is bigger than it was this year.

Faelrin

While I didn't sign up for texts, that was a really good sale to have. Props to them doing it. I'm just not in the spot to take advantage of it. A shame too, as that would have been like the perfect time to order one of the more expensive ones like the Camarasaurus or Edmontosaurus I've had my eyes on, but didn't get quite yet.

Primeval12

Quote from: Fembrogon on December 08, 2021, 08:21:08 PM
Do you have an account with their website? Iirc, you can opt in through the account settings with your phone number.

Just did, is it too late?

KrazyKaprosuchus

Quote from: Theriz on December 09, 2021, 01:41:00 AM
I really hope they make a Therizinosaurus. Plateosaurus, Abelisaurus, Corythosaurus, Camptosaurus, and Gallimimus would all be amazing too. Hopefully the lineup in 2022 is bigger than it was this year.
Agreed, especially on the Therizinosaurus. Oh how I long for a Therizinosaurus (or at least a therizinosaurid) that I like... But then again it's pretty fragmentary so I wouldn't be upset with another therizinosaurid.

ZoPteryx

Looks like there's still time to make a prediction or two...

Plateosaurus: My kingdom for a decent basal sauropodomorph!  Of those, the well known Plateosaurus seems like the most likely option.

Herrerasaurus:  Toothy and vaguely "raptor-like", I've never understood why this one isn't more popular.

Tiktaalik:  The classic "fish-o-pod", long overdue.  Also a great educational opportunity.

Nothronychus:  I agree with the above comments, a therizinosaur is missing from Safari's lineup now that the Great Dinos one is retired.

Ambulocetus (or another proto-whale):  Another great educational opportunity that's long overdue.

Albertaceratops:  Their Daspletosaurus could use some prey... and this species should be distinct enough to stand out.

Trilobite:  Outside of the Ancient Fossil Toob, Safari is one of the few major brands lacking a trilobite.  Hopefully it's a distinctive species.

Darwinopterus:  Basal pterosaurs need more love.  Pterorhynchus would also be cool too, but even a new Rhamphorhynchus would be welcome.

Safari's toob figure have really improved in quality lately, here's hoping we get a few!  ;D

Paleozoic Toob:  Trilobite, Tiktaalik, Dunkleosteus, Dimetrodon, Cameroceras, Pterygotus, Scutosaurus, Eryops, Inostrancevia
Leaps in Vertebrate Evolution Toob:  Tiktaalik, Pikaia, Hylonomus, Australopithecus, Archaeopteryx, Ambulocetus, Silesaurus, Juramaia, Eohippus, Qilinyu
Triassic Toobs:  Coelophysis, Herrerasaurus, Eoraptor, Plateosaurus, Postosuchus, Mesosaurus, Lystrosaurus, Placerias, Metopasaurus, Mixosaurus
Jurassic Toob:  Allosaurus, Stegosaurus, Brachiosaurus, Diplodocus, Camptosaurus, Ceratosaurus, Archaeopteryx, Liopleurodon, Compsognathus, Rhamphorhynchus
Cretaceous Toob:  Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Velociraptor, Parasaurolophus, Argentinosaurus, Ankylosaurus, Spinosaurus, Quetzalcoatlus, Elasmosaurus, Mosasaurus
Cenozoic Toob:  Ambulocetus, Australopithecus, Megacerops, Mammoth, Woolly Rhino, Smilodon, Titanis, Meiolania, Megatherium, Daeodon

Shonisaurus

I am convinced that this year will be spectacular for Safari. Does Safari still risk producing a spectacular paraceratherium? Hopefully they make one.

I hope they keep making Cenozoic animals. They haven't made them in years and they are very pretty.

Faelrin

I fully agree. I really hope they revisit mammals again. I would still like to see them make a Megaloceros (with a coat color based on the cave painting) and Aenocyan/Dire Wolf some day. Maybe an Elasmotherium based on the new study. Paraceratherium would be good too, but at least there are two decent options for one now.

suspsy

I'd freaking love it if we got a proper dire wolf toy next year. Any Cenozoic canids would be welcome.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

suspsy

So here's a different question: who wishes to guess how many new prehistoric toys will be released next year?

My own bet is five again, with one of them being another armour-plated retro one.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: