News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

MPC (Multiple Plastics Corp)

Started by stoneage, October 22, 2012, 11:26:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stoneage

In the early sixties MPC started making Marx style knock offs.  The figures came in brighter colors (blue, green, red and silver) and were smaller and hollow in some cases. 

stoneage

MPC came up with their own original Brontosaurus, and the first Glyptodon.

stoneage

Other first were Ceratogaulus, Macrauchenia, Diatryma and Dire Wolf.

amargasaurus cazaui

there seem to be quite a few pieces that arent present in that set, and some are there that are not original MPC issue right?
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

stoneage

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on October 23, 2012, 03:27:04 AM
there seem to be quite a few pieces that arent present in that set, and some are there that are not original MPC issue right?

Yes, there are several figures in the picture that aren't MPC, but all the MPC figures are represented except for color variations and also copies of Mark terrain.

amargasaurus cazaui

Ah okay I wondered. I happen to own that set, as a MIB piece, would you care if I threw a few pictures into your thread with it tomorrow? I can also provide some shots of the cereal premium color pieces, that were orange or purples....
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

stoneage

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on October 23, 2012, 04:13:35 AM
Ah okay I wondered. I happen to own that set, as a MIB piece, would you care if I threw a few pictures into your thread with it tomorrow? I can also provide some shots of the cereal premium color pieces, that were orange or purples....

Yeah, go ahead!  Show all the pictures you want, and share any information you may have.  I'd really like to see the cereal premium pieces.

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: stoneage on October 23, 2012, 04:34:14 AM
Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on October 23, 2012, 04:13:35 AM

Yeah, go ahead!  Show all the pictures you want, and share any information you may have.  I'd really like to see the cereal premium pieces.
Thanks for your consideration, will throw some pictures up for you tomorrow. My set was apparently ordered from a JC Penny's catalog center, and came in a cardboard shipper carton, rather than a lovely ilustrated box, but the inner contents are stunning in condition and quantity. I have always wondered if mine is a double set, given the volume of material.
  The cereal premiums are identical to regular figures except in color. There are two colors they used for these, one being orange and the other purple. Those two colors are supposedly ONLY found as cereal premiums, from what I have seen and read.I think it was Flinstones cereal, Cocoa Pebbles and Fruity Pebbles cereal that included the dinosaurs as premiums, if I remember correctly after all these years. My set contains all of the terrain and palms and so forth so I will set it up tomorrow and do some picture taking. thanks

Iguanocolossus

I used to have the Mammoth and I still have the Kronosaurus. When they're not copying Marx, MPC's toys are pretty good

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.