News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

SON OF KONG

Started by dragon53, April 28, 2021, 04:55:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragon53

SON OF KONG---Adam Wingard (GODZILLA VS. KONG) is in talks with Legendary Entertainment to direct the next MonsterVerse movie which may be titled SON OF KONG. The original SON OF KONG was a sequel to the classic 1933 KING KONG.

sauroid

so in monsterverse, there must still be other Kongs left somewhere.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

CityRaptor

Maybe somewhere in the Hollow Earth.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Blade-of-the-Moon

Maybe someone steals his DNA and clones him?

Newt

As long as there are giant mantids involved.

suspsy

Did Kong explore the entire Hollow Earth? Who's to say there wasn't a female of his species hidden away in a cave somewhere?
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: suspsy on April 29, 2021, 03:39:39 AM
Did Kong explore the entire Hollow Earth? Who's to say there wasn't a female of his species hidden away in a cave somewhere?

I think he's supposed to be the last like Godzilla? The only titans we've seen more of were the Mutos and I think that was a plot hole, they brought one back for KotM after killing off the last two.

MLMjp

As far as I know, the only true thing about this news is that Adam Wingard is in talks to direct a possible future monsterverse movie.

The son of kong title is ONE of the possible titles, but not the only one, pretty sure they chose that name because it will generate more clicks. Of course the internet did the rest and took that as the one and only.
For me it doesn't really make sense in the context of the films for the next one to be called that. Also, do you think they will name the next movie after a sequel nobody knows?

dragon53

I stated in the original post, "... which may be titled SON OF KONG".

MLMjp

Quote from: dragon53 on April 29, 2021, 03:22:36 PM
I stated in the original post, "... which may be titled SON OF KONG".

Yet you used SON OF KONG in the main title just like everyone else in the internet.

Dynomikegojira

I'm completely fine with more Kong films since there plenty of Godzilla already but no sure how I feel about a Son of Kong idea currently but it may have potential. Looking forward to seeing Godzilla return and I personally think that Matt Reeves and James Wan would be the best directors for it besides Adam Wingard.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 29, 2021, 06:28:09 AM

I think he's supposed to be the last like Godzilla? The only titans we've seen more of were the Mutos and I think that was a plot hole, they brought one back for KotM after killing off the last two.
The MUTOs are all born from MUTO Prime, which Godzilla killed in Godzilla: Aftershock. So when the current MUTOs die off they will go extinct
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: MLMjp on April 29, 2021, 07:28:39 AM
As far as I know, the only true thing about this news is that Adam Wingard is in talks to direct a possible future monsterverse movie.

The son of kong title is ONE of the possible titles, but not the only one, pretty sure they chose that name because it will generate more clicks. Of course the internet did the rest and took that as the one and only.
For me it doesn't really make sense in the context of the films for the next one to be called that. Also, do you think they will name the next movie after a sequel nobody knows?
Did many people know about the 1956 King of The Monsters movie? Like, the title? People mostly just call it Godzilla or Gojira

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on May 03, 2021, 08:54:15 AM

The MUTOs are all born from MUTO Prime, which Godzilla killed in Godzilla: Aftershock. So when the current MUTOs die off they will go extinct

The female muto in the first film laid eggs.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 03, 2021, 02:48:31 PM
Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on May 03, 2021, 08:54:15 AM

The female muto in the first film laid eggs.
oh damn, yeah. Must just be an inconsistency with the movie

GojiraGuy1954

Hoping we can see King Kong's son fight a bear-like titan in this movie like he did in the 1933 one

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.