News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

*UNOFFICIAL* PNSO Bases

Started by Bread, April 29, 2021, 03:01:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bread

Hello everyone! A slight advertisement for the Model Toy Center, Aliexpress.

I was informed by this seller, during my search for clear plastic stands, that they were developing bases for PNSO models. I was told they would be a while till they were revealed and finished; again, I was originally informed about these bases quite a while ago, 3 or so months ago. Within these past few days I was revealed two bases for both Wyatt the Parasaurolophus and Wilson the Tyrannosaurus. Unfortunately, the seller is struggling to find a sort of way to advertise these pieces, as a result I offered to advertise these up on the forum.
Wilson's base:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002529055526.html?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.2.7e7e7734iZdTrq
Wyatt's base:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002549572740.html?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.4.7e7e7734Op4MH0
I really do like these bases, my favorite being Wyatt's base. Wilson's works wonderfully as not only a supportive piece, but adds a lifelike appearance.
The goal for Model Toy Center is to produce bases for other figures, and not just for PNSO models. I am hoping for a Corythosaurus base as that figure tends to have the most issues with balancing.
Please note that I am not the creator, simply just the messenger. If you have any questions I would just message the seller using the Aliexpress website or mobile app. Thank you for your time :)

Edit: I do not have mine in hand as of yet. I have a few photos of these bases in hand provided by the seller, if needed I will post them.

SidB

Definitely of interest, avatar_Bread @Bread , thanks for this spotlight.

ceratopsian

Thanks avatar_Bread @Bread. That seems a very good idea and I'm interested.

Bread

You're welcome, and thank you for taking a look at these wonderful projects :)

SenSx

Oh thank you Bread, that's very nice of you.
I'm visually not a fan of those transparent rods, but I would not remove them unless I got a pretty base like that.
I hope they are enough of a support.
Those are a bit expensive however.

I'm not sure to buy it for the Parasaurolophus, I'd like to test the figure's stabiliy first.
For the owners of Wyat, does he stand well on his own? Does he need the rod ?

I think I'd buy the base for the Qianzhousaurus though, mine will fall without the rod.

Bread

Wyatt stands perfectly and I don't think anyone has had any issues with stability for him either. Compared to the other hadrosaurs in the line, Wyatt has thicker legs which supports the figure much better than the other two hadrosaurs.
The base is more for visuals than stability as stability is not an issue with this figure.

The Qianzhousaurus could definitely use the Tyrannosaurus base. Probably for most of the other PNSO therapods as well. I may ask the seller if they could provide photos for the Corythosaurus using the base. We'll see I guess...

Kapitaenosavrvs

Model Toy Center really does the job. Selling unofficial fitting Bases is a really good Idea. I am not interested in these bases, but it seems like it just started and showing them here is a good way for Promotion and paveing the way for more future stuff.

Since i do love my Figures having Bases, i really understand the need for Products like this. I just wish, they would look a bit less like Trainmodel Landscape.

SidB

Not sure how many that I'll buy, they're not cheap, but on the other hand, other than the upcoming PNSO's and the CollectA doedicurus, I've made the bulk of my purchases up to any possible fall releases, so some bases are are likely. Glad that they are available or coming down the pipe.

Bread

Glad to see some interest in these bases. I have yet to purchase them, but I will once the June releases from PNSO are available to be purchased.

Thank you all for taking a look at these bases. Credit to the Model Toy Center for creating them.

Pachyventer

I've pre-ordered two bases: one for the T-rex and one for the Para. They look gorgeous. Can't wait to get them to my hands! :)

LBDINO

I ordered 1 cant wait to get it, I hope they continue to make more in the future. It will be a nice added look to some of these figures, especially to Wilson who probably should have come with one since he was so expensive. 

SenSx

Quote from: Bread on April 29, 2021, 01:19:32 PM
Wyatt stands perfectly and I don't think anyone has had any issues with stability for him either. Compared to the other hadrosaurs in the line, Wyatt has thicker legs which supports the figure much better than the other two hadrosaurs.
The base is more for visuals than stability as stability is not an issue with this figure.

The Qianzhousaurus could definitely use the Tyrannosaurus base. Probably for most of the other PNSO therapods as well. I may ask the seller if they could provide photos for the Corythosaurus using the base. We'll see I guess...

Ok thanks, it might be a pass for me then.
Probably same for the Qianzhousaurus in the end, because when both feet are flat on the ground, mine is leaning on a side.
The transparent rod is not very pretty, but it enables me to put is how I want.
I might have to fix it to the base if I want the same effect.

SidB

I just ordered the Parasaurolophus base, so again, thanks for the heads-up. I know that the figure really doesn't need any support, but I did get it for aesthetic purposes. Might even work with some other figures.

stoneage

:)  The bases are nice but I don't think I can afford them when I could get another figure instead.

sauroid

very interesting items. i will take note of this. thanks for the info.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Shonisaurus

It is honestly worth waiting as long as it takes to buy those dinosaurs or other prehistoric creatures like helicoprion with those fantastic and beautiful bases as they sincerely embellish the dinosaur toy even though they are much more expensive, I would rather buy that PNSO tyrannosaurus and parasaurolophus with those bases that compulsively buy the figure without expecting that situation. Improves appearance by far.

SidB

Quote from: stoneage on April 30, 2021, 11:37:09 PM
:)  The bases are nice but I don't think I can afford them when I could get another figure instead.
That thought gave me pause too, so I proceeded with the Parasaurolophus base , but not the more expensive 'Winter Wilson" one. Whether or not I do order it at some point depends on what others orders I want to place this year. I'm acquiring the PNSO's as they are released, have picked up two of the Safari's and  both Vitae. I purchased three Papo's that I hadn't bothered with before, as they display well texturally with the PNSO figures. Other than the CollectA Doedicurus and maybe the Itoy Paraceratherium colossus. that's about it for the time, so maybe that base will be a possibility later in the year, depending on the 2022 releases.

Halichoeres

I wonder if they could be persuaded to make one(s) for marine reptiles and fish.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Bread

Quote from: Halichoeres on May 15, 2021, 03:36:29 PM
I wonder if they could be persuaded to make one(s) for marine reptiles and fish.
I was told by MTC that it these two bases sold well, they would produce more for other PNSO products. Possibly bases in general for various figures.

SidB

Quote from: Halichoeres on May 15, 2021, 03:36:29 PM
Those would be of definite interest to me.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: