News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Rebor Scientifically Accurate Tyrannosaurus rex "Kiss” and “Tusk”

Started by GojiraGuy1954, June 14, 2021, 08:28:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GojiraGuy1954

Development images
Spoiler

Kiss

Tusk

[close]

Release Models

Spoiler
Kiss

Tusk

[close]
Kiss

Tusk

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

sauroid

nice. finally. i just hope thats not the final pose (so static).
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Shonisaurus

Rebor is unleashed when it comes to making figures, they are tireless as PNSO I am sincerely happy for them, I would like that tyrannosaurus to be made of solid PVC and not vinyl, it would be great, it would accompany their Rebor counterparts, non-scientific models and my two vastatosaurus rex.

SRF

Rebor has published some new picture on their social media pages, showing more detailed work of the feet of this new T. Rex. It's looking good so far...
But today, I'm just being father

Carnoking

Rain

Shadowknight1

I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Shonisaurus

Those tyrannosaurus rex feet will stand perfectly upright, I have complete hopes I prefer this tyrannosaurus to other companies whose feet do not stay properly upright and who need the help of a plastic base, they are equally pretty to this projected Rebor tyrannosaurus but honestly I prefer that the feet without being so small, even non-scientific ones, remain correctly standing. I prefer clown foot theropods (which is not the case with this Rebor figure) to sensational figures with scientific feet but so tiny relative to the figure that they suffer from serious sustainability issues and have to be glued on. For me it is preferable theropods with slightly oversized legs and that can be held upright or with fixed bases as Collecta used to do or as is the giganotosaurus from Safari. Honestly what Rebor is doing is a tyrannosaurus rex wonder I can't wait to see the fully finished figure can make a good match with its non-scientific Nanmu counterpart about to be commercialized.

Takama

I love how we are all Excited that Rebor is finally makeing a REAL Tyrannosaurus rex when they have a nasty habit of cancelling things they announce ::)

Abobo

Quote from: Takama on June 17, 2021, 01:29:16 PM
I love how we are all Excited that Rebor is finally makeing a REAL Tyrannosaurus rex when they have a nasty habit of cancelling things they announce ::)

indeed, I still have my fingers crossed for the Saurophagnax they teased some weeks ago.

EDIT : it's like Christmas, you just have to ask :) !

From REBOR today : "Take one last look at the master cast of the notorious Saurophaganax "Big Biggie" before we send it to China, he's be fully painted and all the next time you see him!"

Over9K

Quote from: Takama on June 17, 2021, 01:29:16 PM

I think most folks make more of that than there is...

suspsy

Off the top of my head, Rebor's unceremoniously cancelled projects include King Trident, the Deinosuchus and Sarcosuchus heads, a bunch of ceratopsian head fridge magnets, and the black and translucent blue T. rex skeleton that was basically ripping off WoW. Oh, and mustn't forget that they said they were going to do a "winter" version of their Yutyrannus that would have corrected plumage. They probably didn't even try to design that one.

I can think of no other prehistoric figure company that has a track record like that.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

stargatedalek

There was also mention of a Quetzalcoatlus a long time ago, and an Ultimasaurus was teased but not released.

Carnoking

Quote from: suspsy on June 17, 2021, 08:19:29 PM
I can think of no other prehistoric figure company that has a track record like that.

None that we know of. REBOR being one of the few companies to share teases of unfinished products and their design process means we're aware of essentially everything they are doing even if it's never gonna see competition. I'm sure other companies have canceled products that we'll never know about.

But to add to your list, we have
JP3 style Spinosaurus
JWFK Stigymoloch
Protoceratops Carcass
Triceratops Skull
T. rex Skull
GnG Spinosaurus (Finished but unreleased as of yet)
Some sort of Terminator-esque raptor head
and a Jaws style "Bruce"
The other oddity skulls (Allosaurus, Deinosuchus, and Sarchosuchus) seem to have been completed, along with the GnG Sarchosuchus and Deinosuchus figures and King Trident, but they are also still in the wind. I think they mentioned the infant crocodilians are meant to fund the GnG adult counterparts so we'll see how that develops.

Edit: There was also the funko pop anime gal in the inflatable dinosaur costume, The Inflatable Dinosaur plushie, Lonesome George, and they've gone silent on Kongzilla atm.

suspsy

I'm totally sure other companies cancel planned products all the time, but unlike Rebor, they don't announce them. It's not good business.

Over9K

Quote from: suspsy on June 17, 2021, 08:19:29 PM
Off the top of my head, Rebor's unceremoniously cancelled projects include King Trident, the Deinosuchus and Sarcosuchus heads, a bunch of ceratopsian head fridge magnets, and the black and translucent blue T. rex skeleton that was basically ripping off WoW. Oh, and mustn't forget that they said they were going to do a "winter" version of their Yutyrannus that would have corrected plumage. They probably didn't even try to design that one.

King Trident is apparently back on, the second wave of skulls (Deino/Sarco/Allo) was dependent on the first and probably still coming, Meta and Lica, the full bodied versions of the crocs, have seen continued development as recently as this year, and I don't recall them ever saying they were making that ice rex, just showed a photo, I could be wrong. I guess I'm just not bothered by canceled projects either. Every company develops product that never sees the light of day... the difference is REBOR is very transparent with the earliest of project stages, when the chances of cancellation are greatest.

stargatedalek

Quote from: suspsy on June 17, 2021, 08:48:57 PM
I'm totally sure other companies cancel planned products all the time, but unlike Rebor, they don't announce them. It's not good business.
Exactly this.

I'm cautiously optimistic on this project (and the JP3 Pteranodon) but I'm not going to get excited until they are actually available from retailers. Been burned by REBOR before.

Faelrin

There was an unfinished Dunkleosteus shown many years ago as well, if I recall correctly.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

suspsy

Quote from: Over9K on June 17, 2021, 08:58:11 PMEvery company develops product that never sees the light of day... the difference is REBOR is very transparent with the earliest of project stages, when the chances of cancellation are greatest.

Which doesn't change the fact that it's a bad practice that reflects poorly on Rebor. It makes them look sloppy, lazy, and unreliable. Any business school will happily tell you the exact same thing.

SidB

Quote from: suspsy on June 17, 2021, 09:17:42 PM
Quote from: Over9K on June 17, 2021, 08:58:11 PMEvery company develops product that never sees the light of day... the difference is REBOR is very transparent with the earliest of project stages, when the chances of cancellation are greatest.

Which doesn't change the fact that it's a bad practice that reflects poorly on Rebor. It makes them look sloppy, lazy, and unreliable. Any business school will happily tell you the exact same thing.
Transparency is often a virtue, but it is secondary to instilling a sense of justifiable confidence in the audience. Imagine a speaker who starts off the speech by telling the listens how poor the presentation will be. It may be false modesty, and the audience will likely be put off by the practice. Mutatis mutandis here too, IMO.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: