You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Ajax, Tim Mee, Nabisco, Sinclair, Invicta, etc. NEW BOOK!

Started by japfeif, July 23, 2021, 05:35:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

japfeif

Hey guys & gals!
Just wanted to let everyone know my new book More Dinosaur Playsets & Figures is now available for purchase (finally, I know!!!)! This is the follow-up work to my earlier book Dinosaur Playsets: An Illustrated Guide to the Prehistoric Playsets of Marx and MPC, which I know alot of you already purchased, (covering all of the dinosaur figures and playsets from Marx and MPC, plus the reissue sets from Toy Street, Superior, Spaulding, etc.). Many folks have been asking about the new book and I apologize that it took so much longer than anticipated (Covid really slowed things down!!!).

This new book picks up where Dinosaur Playsets leaves off, covering the vintage dinosaur figures that came out at around the same time as those by Marx/MPC (and are often confused with them), by such companies as Nabisco, Tim Mee Toys, Ajax, Winneco, Linde, Cherilea, Invicta, etc., plus the numerous cheap knockoff's that filed in from Hong Kong. Also included is a chapter on the various dinosaur collectibles associated with the Sinclair Gas & Oil Company and their association with the World's Fair & Dinoland!

As in its predecessor, this book is chock full of over 500 full color photos of the various figures, and the bagged, carded, & boxed playsets that they could be found it! And as before, there is a handy side-by-side comparison section showing the differences between the various figures, such as MPC vs. Winneco, Ajax vs. Tim Mee, Marx vs. Sinclair, etc.

This is the first & only work of it's kind for you fans of vintage plastic dinosaurs and their playsets from many different companies...all in one place!

Those interested can buy the book directly from me by sending a PayPal payment for $44.95 + $4.15 shipping to me at [email protected]. Please be sure to include your name & mailing addy! Or you can message me directly for paying with checks, etc.

Also, copies of the original Dinosaur Playsets: An Illustrated Guide to the Prehistoric Playsets of Marx and MPC are still available for $44.95 + $4.15!

Thanks all!!
Jeff Pfeiffer

Fembrogon

Ooh, I know what I'm buying with my next paycheck. This is exciting news!

Duna

Quote from: Fembrogon on July 23, 2021, 04:43:22 PM
Ooh, I know what I'm buying with my next paycheck. This is exciting news!
I do know, too! :)

Fembrogon

I thought I'd drop in here again to offer some nice words.

I've taken longer than I meant to go through the book and give feedback, but I've certainly been enjoying the read. I was quite happy to see the book start off with the Sinclair section, as that was the section I was anticipating the most. I also appreciated the "follow-up" portions in the Misc. Playsets chapter, as well as the many photos in the Toy Comparison chapter - that particular segment should be a boon for any would-be collector!
The Hong Kong companies chapter was also remarkable to pour through. It must have been exhausting tracking down all those different sets and recasts - I felt worn out just looking at all the photos! Learning the name of the primary Hong Kong "culprit" behind the iconic Marx knockoffs was very cool, though!

Overall, this is as delightful a book as I hoped it would be, and I'd highly recommend it to anyone interested in this niche of the hobby. If I have any nitpicks, I would have liked to see even more coverage/imagery regarding the Sinclair models and their different recasts; but there are only so many pages in a book!

Lanthanotus

I certainly can chime in on the praise. Received the book three weeks ago and really enjoyed it so far. Now...need to get the preceeding edition :D

Duna

I'll leave my review here ...
I've read both books TWICE  :)) and I've liked them a lot. It was easy for me to read even if English is not my native language. My favourite part was the Sinclair, too (though I know nothing about Sinclair, gas stations or their merchandising, but I own a set of the dinosaurs).
The most interesting part for me, though, was about the other "collections", as Inpro, Timpo, Linde, El Cigarral, Ajax and Invicta.
I missed the Yolanda "Dunkin" miniatures from the 70s, that are highly collectible and have their own design (for one thing that is not a full copy of others).
The part of the Hong Kong sets was remarkable, how much effort has been put there.  :D Same as the comparison photos and the whole book about Marx. One of my favourite vintage collections.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.