You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Boki's Behind the Scenes:Stegosaurus and Tylosaurus(PNSO) 5/7/22

Started by Bokisaurus, October 08, 2021, 07:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bokisaurus

Thank you everyone!😃
S @SidB yeah, I just love how Wilson fits in so naturally in outdoors settings.

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres your sister is lucky to live in Oregon! I love that state and would move there in a heartbeat if the opportunity presented itself!
Have you ever visited? The coast is just phenomenal!

avatar_dinodamage @dinodamage thanks! It's a wonderful way to present one's collection! Hope to see you post some of yours when you get to doing it😃

avatar_Nimravus @Nimravus thank you😃

avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian thanks, glad you enjoyed reading about the process 😃

avatar_Libraraptor @Libraraptor well my friend, you will see more for sure😃 it's just a matter of finding enough time to do all the things on my to do list!🤣

What should be next? Biber and Rook? Triceratops from Eofauna? Or IToy paraceratherium?🤔

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Bokisaurus on November 01, 2021, 01:13:43 AM

What should be next? Biber and Rook? Triceratops from Eofauna? Or IToy paraceratherium?🤔

I would like a photo session with the iToy paraceratherium.

Kapitaenosavrvs

What a wonderful Thread this is. I have no idea, why this was not seen by me. Thanks for all the beautiful Photos and Words. This is the Stuff i come to this Forum for.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Bokisaurus on November 01, 2021, 01:13:43 AM
avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres your sister is lucky to live in Oregon! I love that state and would move there in a heartbeat if the opportunity presented itself!
Have you ever visited? The coast is just phenomenal!

Only once! But I'm going again in January.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Bokisaurus

Wow, the last quarter of 2021 went so fast! ;D Things got really busy for me that I hav't not had much time to update any of my threads here. So, starting the new year by updating this one since my collection has gotten overwhelming to try and photograph.Today we take a look at a few BTS of some of the photos used in my Eofauna Triceratops sp. review.

EoFaun Triceratops sp.
So, what better way to follow Wilson than doing one with its eternal pair: Triceratops! ;D This is appropriate not just because of the intertwine history of these two, but Wilson also made cameo in this Eofauna review and was integral to the story. If you read or saw my review, you will know that for it I tried to do a storyboard format to tell a story.
The location of the photo shoot was down the beautiful Oregon Coast, a place so dear to me and where we spend almost all of our vacation.

Photo used in the review:

BTS: This is a good example of taking the final photo as low and close to the ground as possible.

BTS:

BTS:

And here I am on location with my bags of figures! :))

Bonus: To make up for the long silence, here is a bonus BTS featuring PNSO's Pachyrhino.
I chose this to illustrate the contrast of both location; one far off in exotic beautiful location, surrounded by beautiful ocean, forest, and fresh air, while this one in the dirty streets of the city!
As you can see, some nice dramatic photo can be achieved even in the most unlikely location, in this case a city pothole filled with water after a rain. Like the Triceratops review, the Pachy's review centers around the story of a herd about to cross a flooded river after a heavy storm.

BTS:

Well, that's it for now, hope you all enjoyed it. Thanks for following and until the next installment!
Stay safe and healthy.
Boki :)

SidB

Interesting pothole shot, B @Bokisaurus ; I trust that our thirsty friend looked both ways for traffic before venturing out into the asphalt wilderness.

Libraraptor

Thank you Boki for these interesting insights!

Shonisaurus

What beautiful photographs! you have a style and an art that few members of the DTF can compare to. It is a luxury to see your publications and your beautiful photographs. Thanks for posting them.

ceratopsian

I would never have seen the possibilities in a pot hole!

Bokisaurus

Thanks guys, glad you enjoyed it.
S @SidB believe it or not, it actually got run over by a car! The car came too fast and didn't really see what I was doing!🤣

avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian  isn't it fascinating? I was surprised by how well a pothole or a puddle can look so natural!

SidB

Quote from: Bokisaurus on February 04, 2022, 05:05:06 AM
S @SidB believe it or not, it actually got run over by a car! The car came too fast and didn't really see what I was doing!🤣

avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian  isn't it fascinating? I was surprised by how well a pothole or a puddle can look so natural!
Oh no! What became of your unfortunate dino- did he survive the trauma?

stoneage

Quote from: Bokisaurus on February 04, 2022, 05:05:06 AM

I'm surprised you didn't jump in and sacrifice yourself to save it.  I hope it survived without injury.  The pictures you took are fantastic!

Libraraptor

This thread makes me miss the diorama contest again, sigh...

Bokisaurus

Wow, its been 3 months since I posted here! So much happening that I can't find the time to do any updates.
Anyway, I figured I will follow up the last one with another icon, Biber the Stegosaurus!
The review was done as a s tory that follows Biber and her calf as they travel to a new place. The review is here: http://dinotoyblog.com/2021/09/20/stegosaurus-biber-rook-pnso/

So, here are some BTS shots, location is down the southern Oregon Coast ^-^

Photo used in the review
]
BTS shot
]

BTS shot: the river was warm and had a nice swim! This is one of the two Elk River in Oregon
]

]
BTS shot: Yup my giant puppy! ;D

Photo used in the review
]
BTS Shot
]

Photo used in the review
]
BTS shot: Waited for the sunset before taking the photo.

It was a great day and had a wonderful time exploring and imagining scenes with dinosaurs! The coast is wild with almost no people around making it even more fun, long hikes but well worth it. The best part is exploring with my sidekick little Sophie the adventure puppy! :)
Hope you all enjoyed it. I'm hoping to get more photos this coming trip! Stay safe and healthy, cheers!

Me and my puppy
[]

BONUS: PNSO Tylosaur
Since I missed so many updates, I am going to include this BTS from the Tylosaurus review. You can see the full review and photos here http://dinotoyblog.com/2022/02/07/tylosaurus-pnso/
Photographing marine animals pose some real challenge unlike on land. I wanted to take photo of the model in the water. I was inspired by whales breaching and so wanted to try and capture something similar with the model.
Easier said than done! the challenge is that the waves are huge and trying to stabilize the model is impossible without some improvising. The danger of waves taking this expensive models was also very real and almost lost it to one big wave! So, I tied the model to a rock and placed it where I know the wave will come and hoped it would stay long enough for s shot.Many attempts later I had a few and with my model secure, enjoyed the sunset.

Photos used in the review:
]

BTS: what I had to do! :))
]

GojiraGuy1954

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Lynx

Question, where did you get that rocky base you use in reviews? I've been wondering for a while now.
An oversized house cat.

Halichoeres

If I were a betting man, I'd wager he got it from a beach somewhere in the Pacific Northwest!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.