News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Eofauna: New for 2022

Started by suspsy, October 13, 2021, 05:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

If it's Gomphotherium, then I will also pass, as I already have the CollectA version. That said, I'm sure this one will be a knockout.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

EarthboundEiniosaurus

Very glad to see its likely something more obscure than a columbian mammoth. Stegotetrabelodon, Gomphotherium, and maybe Rhynchotherium all seem to be possible candidates.
"Just think about it... Ceratopsids were the Late Cretaceous Laramidian equivalent of todays birds of paradise. And then there's Sinoceratops..."
- Someone, somewhere, probably.

Thialfi

Quote from: Renecito on November 03, 2021, 09:11:13 AM

Omg! The hype is growing!

Gompotherium or stegotetrabelodon?

Flaffy

Lower tusks aren't long or straight enough for Stegotetrabelodon.

As for Gomphotherium, the tusk length and curvature doesn't seem to match up with Eofauna's existing skeletals either. Maybe they're doing a new species of Gomphotherium?

Quote from: suspsy on November 03, 2021, 10:22:59 AM
If it's Gomphotherium, then I will also pass, as I already have the CollectA version. That said, I'm sure this one will be a knockout.

Since the CollectA Gomphotherium resembles Eofauna's G. steinheimensis, that is currently the species I'm displaying my copy as. If the Eofauna version is based on a different species of Gomphotherium, would your opinion change?

suspsy

Quote from: Flaffy on November 03, 2021, 11:08:16 AM
Since the CollectA Gomphotherium resembles Eofauna's G. steinheimensis, that is currently the species I'm displaying my copy as. If the Eofauna version is based on a different species of Gomphotherium, would your opinion change?

No, I need to be very selective with Cenozoic purchases due to dwindling display space. Platybelodon or Stegotetrabelodon or Stegodon or some other proboscidean genus debuting in toy form would make the cut, but not Gomphotherium.

Shonisaurus

That's great! But on the other hand lighten my pocket sincerely a gomphotherium or an amebelodon would be welcome (I doubt that after the latest revelations). Whether it is a gomphoterium or not you can be sure Eofauna that I will buy your two products diplodocus and gomphotherium yes or yes. Thank you Eofauna and I am sorry I have missed so much, since the last time I went to the DTF.

SidB

I'd be happy to see Eofauna go forward with a 1+1 format of Mesozoic and Cenozoic offerings into the future. They are needed as a producer of top quality extinct mammals, since there is such a scarcity of these on the market. On the other hand, their dinosaurs are top notch, and the price points for both are reasonable, considering the very high production values. One of each wouldn't disrupt the precise and accurate level of research and work to which they commit each figure. Too many would likely effect Q.C.

GojiraGuy1954

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Lower tusks aren't long or straight enough for Stegotetrabelodon.

As for Gomphotherium, the tusk length and curvature doesn't seem to match up with Eofauna's existing skeletals either. Maybe they're doing a new species of Gomphotherium?

While I can't find fossils or skeletals to match, I do see some illustrations out there of gomphotheres with bottom tusks that seem to curve upwards rather than downwards.

bmathison1972

Quote from: suspsy on November 03, 2021, 12:05:20 PM

No, I need to be very selective with Cenozoic purchases due to dwindling display space. Platybelodon or Stegotetrabelodon or Stegodon or some other proboscidean genus debuting in toy form would make the cut, but not Gomphotherium.

I'm pretty happy with all my proboscideans, so unless it's a new genus or species, I doubt I'll get it.

Speaking of which, I have my CollectA figure databased as Gomphotherium angustidens. I can't remember where or why I came up with that. Does this sound right?

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: bmathison1972 on November 03, 2021, 01:48:22 PM
Quote from: suspsy on November 03, 2021, 12:05:20 PM

I'm pretty happy with all my proboscideans, so unless it's a new genus or species, I doubt I'll get it.

Speaking of which, I have my CollectA figure databased as Gomphotherium angustidens. I can't remember where or why I came up with that. Does this sound right?

As nice as the Collecta mammals are, I can't bring myself to break my scale preferences and buy their 1:20 mammals, so I'm pretty happy that Eofauna is apparently making one.

croco_105

Both clues pasted together.  Hopefully there will be another tomorrow.
Maybe it is a rhynchotherium?

EarthboundEiniosaurus

I'm going between Rhynchotherium and Archaeobelodon personally. There's not enough revealed to be sure either way, hopefully a new tidbit comes tomorrow to break my mental stalemate  :))
"Just think about it... Ceratopsids were the Late Cretaceous Laramidian equivalent of todays birds of paradise. And then there's Sinoceratops..."
- Someone, somewhere, probably.

Thialfi

Quote from: croco_105 on November 03, 2021, 02:02:07 PM
Both clues pasted together.  Hopefully there will be another tomorrow.
Maybe it is a rhynchotherium?

Oh wow, that seems a reasonable guess and would be absolutely amazing 😍

suspsy

I would buy a Rhynchotherium. :)

Faelrin

This is getting really interesting. Can't wait to see the full reveal of this one.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Gothmog the Baryonyx

This is a very interesting release. Some sort of Gompotheridae
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

ItsTwentyBelow

I would have welcomed a Columbian mammoth since I am partial to the beast. It is my home state's official fossil (Washington) and while I was in grad school I assisted with the analysis of an individual that was recovered from outside of Selah, WA. But they were so similar to the steppe mammoth that I would have been surprised to see Eofauna release a Columbian.

I don't own any Eofauna proboscideans, only their Atlasaurus, but this gomphothere may influence me to start. Always fascinating to think of ancient humans in South America seeing and interacting with late gomphothere species. They look so different!

Carnoking

Renecito

Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: