News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CASIO Watches

Started by Libraraptor, October 22, 2021, 07:52:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Libraraptor

I don´t get payed by CASIO or want to do advertisement here.

I am just interested if  I am the only one here on the forum nourishing a passion for CASIO watches, especially the G-Shock ones? My little collection includes four CASIOs, two of them classics. I post pictures and descriptions if you like.

In a time of Smartwatches everywhere, good and simple digital watches are a statement, aren´t they?

DinoToyForum

Watches? What are watches? :P

I suspect there's a generational divide between those who grew up in a watch-world and a post-watch-world, which correlates to the sudden emergence and widespread usage of mobile phones (or handys to you ;)). i've observed that people over 40 tend to wear them, people below 40 tend not to. I'm probably completely wrong but it seems that way to me.

I'm 41 and wore a watch for most of my life, but I don't any more – I didn't replace my last watch when the strap came off. At first it felt weird and I kept looking at my wrist, but now I'm so used to checking my phone for the time instead that I don't miss a watch. I'm hip. I'm with it. :))

Smilodon P.

The last time I owned a  waterproof Casio G-Shock was 12 years old and used it until my 16th birthday . (Since I just entered my forties, you can imagine how long it's been).

I have to admit it was excellent wristwatch, but, with the rise of smartphones (or, as a DC Comics fan would say, the real-world motherboxes), I've sort of abandoned a lot of gears I thought was indispensables in my life - such as watches, mp3/4, digital cameras and more.

Even if I don't share your passion, It's good to know that there are still those who appreciate, collect and love this brand´s watches.

Faras

I love Casio watch too, and still wear them when going out :) Smartphone/watch are handy but I prefer having something tough, reliable and doesn't need frequent charging as backup (yeah I know, old habit dies hard ;)).

Here's my humble collection:

Left: ALT-6000, acquired in mid 90s. Altimeter is about 100m off and thermometer is~3C higher. Replaced battery three times (original lasted a bit over 10 years), watchbands twice. Wore it daily for nearly 10 years and it's still in pretty good condition.

Middle: MTG-B1000, bought it last year. Setting things up via Bluetooth is so much better than digging through manual. Replaced original steel watchband since it's too heavy.

Right: EQW-T1010, got it around 2012. Wore it daily for about 5 years, solar battery seems fine still. Shame I accidentally hit coarse rock with it and left some marks, otherwise it would be good as new.

Now patiently waiting for a second handed GMW-B1000 in brilliant conditions...

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.