News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA: New for 2022

Started by suspsy, November 04, 2021, 07:06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwangi

Oh wow! There they are, the two must haves of the year.

Thialfi

Bread

The Smok wawelski is an interesting choice. Unexpected and unique, I always admire how CollectA have this aspect to their line.

With that said, I think the pattern may be basic but works well for it. Now when I say basic I mean that this pattern on figures usually associates with any of these prehistoric archosaurs built like Smok. I wonder how small or big this figure is? It is a deluxe but looks small based on the detail.

I don't collect Nautiloids and Ammonites, but maybe one day I'll break that decision. For now, this Cooperoceras will be a pass.

Gwangi

I share your sentiment avatar_Thialfi @Thialfi, a Triassic archosaur from Europe (and Poland specifically) is exactly what I needed and I didn't even realize it. I'm ecstatic about Smok. I'm half Polish and come from a big family with a lot of Polish pride. I also have a fondness for Triassic fauna. Smok fits comfortably within my wheelhouse. And I was really hoping for another ammonoid too, this one is an excellent and unique choice.

suspsy

I've updated the OP with images and dimensions courtesy of avatar_Everything_Dinosaur @Everything_Dinosaur, bless them.

avatar_Gwangi @Gwangi and I were just talking earlier today about wanting some Paleozoic critters. I was really hoping for something other than a fifth cephalopod, but there's no question that this Cooperoceras looks fantastic. And who knows, perhaps next week's reveal will include the sea scorpion I've been wanting.

And that Smok! It will go very nicely with the Lisowicia. Very happy that CollectA took the pseudosuchian path.

And so we resume the week-long wait.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

TaranUlas

ahem...

SMOK YES!

Anyway, I will be getting that Smok because my Lisowicia needs a partner. Yes please!

The nautiloid is good too, but Smok takes much higher priority.

Ivántirrophus

I didnt find any information about Smok wawelski.  Was it a real animal? Where can i find information about it?

suspsy

Quote from: Ivántirrophus on November 12, 2021, 03:29:57 AM
I didnt find any information about Smok wawelski.  Was it a real animal? Where can i find information about it?

Of course it was a real animal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smok_(archosaur)

KrazyKaprosuchus

Amazing, finally a figure of Smok!

I thought Smok was a biped though?

Faelrin

Wow these are great picks, and totally unexpected. Hoping that Smok is somewhat to scale with the Lisowicia, but even if not, glad to see it has a contemporary now. The colors are nice too.

I'm stoked to see another Paleozoic animal, and a cephalopod from the Permian period. Guess that means their previous releases have been doing well to continue supporting more of these? Sure hope so.
Edit: Just want to point out that only one of these releases is a dinosaur so far!
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Faelrin on November 12, 2021, 05:09:54 AM
Wow these are great picks, and totally unexpected. Hoping that Smok is somewhat to scale with the Lisowicia, but even if not, glad to see it has a contemporary now. The colors are nice too.

I'm stoked to see another Paleozoic animal, and a cephalopod from the Permian period. Guess that means their previous releases have been doing well to continue supporting more of these? Sure hope so.
Edit: Just want to point out that only one of these releases is a dinosaur so far!
If it isnt in scale then you could just say its a juvenile smok
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Shonisaurus

The smok is 27 centimeters long and 8.5 centimeters high at 1:20 scale it is longer than the paraceratherium so it will be even bulkier.

The cooperoceras is length 11 centimeters and shell height 8.3 source blog.everythingdinosaur I pass you a link:

https://blog.everythingdinosaur.co.uk/blog/_archives/2021/11/12/new-collecta-models-2022-part-2.html

I'm glad that Collecta this year is betting on oversized models or an acceptable size.

The smok is very beautiful, those brindle colors on the body give it a more fierce appearance, this will make it possible to reconstruct the fauna of Poland from the Triassic era. It is a very good bet and most importantly, Collecta hears the DTF members has been a prehistoric animal in high demand by many DTF members and like the paraceratherium Collecta has acceded to the demands. I like that color of the eye without pupils, it gives it a more realistic appearance since with pupils it could look like a humanized prehistoric animal, the sculpture is exceptional.

On the other hand the cooperoceras is another good bet on the part of Collecta sincerely they are encouraged year after year, (this is the third year) in making prehistoric invertebrates so I deduce that they must have a success in sales, I am fond of buying them Prehistoric invertebrates with shells and the figure of that invertebrate coincides on the part of Collecta with the images that can be viewed online, it is an invertebrate with a phantasmagoric aspect as are many animals of the marine world and that pale color to the shell gives it much more appearance as an animal of the mysterious, esoteric, enigmatic marine world and the fruit of very ancient times on our planet Earth.

Very good figures. Without a doubt, Collecta begins with the least interesting figures in their revelations and ends with the most celebrated by the DTF public

ceratopsian

I'm delighted with the choice of Smok.  Good to have any animal from that time period and excellent to have something that ties in with the much loved Lisowicia. I'm pleased with the Cooperoceras too. It will make a good display with their other cephalopods. And something from the Permian is always welcomed with open arms.

TaranUlas

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on November 12, 2021, 07:23:03 AM
Quote from: Faelrin on November 12, 2021, 05:09:54 AM

If it isnt in scale then you could just say its a juvenile smok

So from doing some eyeball scale (Which isn't the most accurate and quite frankly should be replaced with an actual scale measuring ASAP when the figure releases) Smok is definitely around the 1:20 range like the Lisowicia was (My own calculations put it at around 1:18, but my own calculations are based on body measurements and not bone measurements since I have been burned too many times by bad reporting on bone size. I trust that if someone else did a more accurate measurement that their scale is closer) since the 27 cm Smoke length comes out to 1:18-1:22. I would like to emphasize again that this is eyeball scale measuring, I do not possess a Smoke figure to actually measure (And seeing as it has some bending at the tail and head, I would be more willing to say that an actual measurement will put it closer to 1:18 at the max) and this scaling should be replaced with more accurate ones when Smok is released.

MLMjp

Didn't even know these existed! :(

PrimevalRaptor

Whoa, those are two very neat choices! Not too familiar with all the extinct cephalopods but it's nice to see those guys further represented than a generic ammonite.
And the Smok is absolutely amazing, more Triassic fauna is always most welcome!

Shonisaurus

Quote from: MLMjp on November 12, 2021, 09:23:00 AM
Didn't even know these existed! :(

True, the invertebrate cooperoceras had not the faintest idea that it existed and only by members of DTF did I discover smok. Honestly, it is the positive thing about Collecta that year after year it releases new figures of dinosaurs and other unpublished prehistoric animals from the paleoartistic or collecting point of view, in this case a toy although intended for adults and children alike.

suspsy

There's a rumour floating around that Spinosaurus is the only dinosaur in the 2022 assortment. As much as I would love a Zuul figure, I'm hoping this does prove to be the case.

Extant animals in this batch have also been revealed; the ATB should have them up shortly. Don't get your hopes up too high.  :-\

MLMjp

Quote from: suspsy on November 12, 2021, 11:59:10 AM
There's a rumour floating around that Spinosaurus is the only dinosaur in the 2022 assortment. As much as I would love a Zuul figure, I'm hoping this does prove to be the case.

Extant animals in this batch have also been revealed; the ATB should have them up shortly. Don't get your hopes up too high.  :-\
That would be both a good thing and a bad thing

Good because I would save money.

Bad because it would be like a disappointing year like 2019 was with very little offerings that interest me.

Unless some of those non-dinosaurs are marine reptiles...

Lynx

That's er... disappointing. I love CollectA because of its durability but looks like I'll have to flop back to REBOR, Mattel, and Papo for the 2022s batch. I like the spinosaurus and pterosaur, but the rest are a no-no simply due to them being out of my interest zone and don't look too good anyhow
An oversized house cat.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: