News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Jurassic World (Various): New for 2022

Started by GojiraGuy1954, November 13, 2021, 10:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GojiraGuy1954

I wonder if the Ferocious Packs are actually a new budget series at mainline scale. That would explain the weird packaging, and disparity in paint quality from the rest of the line that we've seen.
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

CityRaptor

Probably not.  Packaging is most likely due to reducing amounts of waste plastic, something Mattel's rival Hasbro also does. The amount of paint seems to be rather normal for the "Pack" price range, despite some claims.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: MLMjp on January 23, 2022, 05:50:21 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 23, 2022, 05:40:00 PM
Quote from: MLMjp on January 23, 2022, 12:33:34 PM

I kinda sorta like the blue Triceratops with red frill, but looking at them...I don't think these will be bigger that the previous ones. You know, I had this idea that Mattel would go all out with the Dominion toyline and give us the best versions of the dinosaurs seen in the films, cause you know, this is (supposely) the final film of the JW series. They seem to be doing that...but in the Hammond collection, which now seems to be our only hope to get a larger Triceratops, so I hope the make one ASAP.

I don't think they will end the line after this year. I'm hearing rumors of a live action series and maybe a new series past Camp Cretaceous but still in the cgi animated look.     I know a lot of folks want a bigger Triceratops, I'd buy one.  Super Colossal seems to be heavily predator dominated.. pun intended.  We know the Rex is getting a reissue this year and the Giga will have a Super Colossal figure.  After that who knows but I'm betting on a Spinosaurus?
Of couse they will continue to make toys after the movie, no doubt, but considering that this toyline is a movie toyline, you think they would try their best, just like they did with Fallen Kingdom. But I donĀ“t get those vibes.

Quote from: Nyrorosaurus on January 23, 2022, 04:06:46 PM
In-package Roar Strikers Ankylosaurus
Dimetrodon
Well, the actual Ankylosaurus looks better. And I really like the Dimetrodon.

I think with ones that will be in the film that they were given references for will be better/best.  That Moros might be an early version they made before the design was finalized or we just have another lazy sculptor because there do seem to be better ones and then worse ones.

The Dimetrodon for example looks pretty good. Seems the Battle Damage piece tend to always look better? 

TheCambrianCrusader

Quote from: Flaffy on January 23, 2022, 01:13:43 AM
New leaks(?)

I assume the pliosaur is Liopleurodon.
Sauropod is allegedly Ampelosaurus.

Really digging that Megaraptor sculpt and paintjob.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Carnoking

Exciting times for sure. Puts me right back in winter of 2018 when we first started seeing leaks and lists before the Toy Fair reveal.
Some of those leaks have even started to grow on me for what they are but I'm going to try my best to reserve judgement until the official reveals come.

GojiraGuy1954

Ocean Protector Mosasaurus? Hasn't that been a thing since last year?

suspsy

Again, I hope the blue and white Rajasaurus is the first version. But I'll snag whichever one shows up first.

I am impressed at how Mattel has by now released more species of spinosaur than any other company. It's just a shame how they'll never do a real Spinosaurus.

Also curious to see what the Lythronax will be like.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

BlueKrono

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on January 24, 2022, 08:35:38 PM
Ocean Protector Mosasaurus? Hasn't that been a thing since last year?

Possibly yet another repaint, but still made with the recycled plastic like the original OPM?
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Pliosaurking

This seems to be a fairly good year for Mattel for the most part.
I'm especially excited for the liopleurodon, dimetrodon, yangchuanosaurus, and spinosaurs.

GojiraGuy1954

Alright just done with the thread's second total overhaul. All of the listings and leak images are gone (the latter now dispersed into their correct categories.) Any problems with the "code" or accessibility, please tell me and i'll see what I can do to improve

GojiraGuy1954

Cleaned up the title as well, integrated the spoiler warning into the text itself

Faelrin

Looks good to me! 👍 Thanks for doing a stellar job keeping the thread op updated so far.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Gwangi

I see a baby Nasutoceratops listed on Collect Jurassic. Looking forward to seeing that one but what I really want is the baby Triceratops from the Jurassic Park concept art. Excited to have a second chance at Alan Grant too since I wasn't collecting the humans when the line first started. Still need Muldoon too! Looks to be an exciting year for Mattel, I can't wait!

CityRaptor

Keep in mind that it is likely Grant how he looks in Dominion...rocking the beard!

Geosternbergia? Guess that is how we will get a new figure of the TLW Pteranodon.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Gwangi

Quote from: CityRaptor on January 24, 2022, 11:01:42 PM
Keep in mind that it is likely Grant how he looks in Dominion...rocking the beard!

Geosternbergia? Guess that is how we will get a new figure of the TLW Pteranodon.

I know, you're right, but I'm kinda hoping it's not because I'm really only collecting the cast from the original movie. Still, a Dominion Grant is better than no Grant.

MLMjp

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 24, 2022, 07:50:26 PM
Collect Jurassic just put up their guide for 2022 thus far : https://www.collectjurassic.com/jurassic-world-dominion-mattel-2022-toy-checklist/

Few surprises there.
There's a Triceratops listed in the Hammond collection. Fingers crossed for it being the proper size.

Shadowknight1

Seems a shame that they had an Amber Collection Pyroraptor in the works and now it'll likely never see the light of day.  Heck, we might have to wait on a third party to get a truly good figure of the JW:D Pyroraptor.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Carnoking

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on January 25, 2022, 03:18:30 AM
Seems a shame that they had an Amber Collection Pyroraptor in the works and now it'll likely never see the light of day.  Heck, we might have to wait on a third party to get a truly good figure of the JW:D Pyroraptor.

Maybe this is sort of what we can expect for the listed "ultimate pyroraptor", kind of like the super poseable indoraptor we got with fallen kingdom.

Faelrin

Could it be an electronic one too? But I hope we get a super articulated one instead since the AC is no more (unless it were to pop up in this Hammond Collection down the road). Then again, I mean, there's always David's wonderful BotM ones, although they aren't to scale with the Mattel line, and certainly came along way before it was added to JW (and Atrociraptor as well for that matter). Honestly if they were to do a Super Colossal one, that would be nearly life size (to the real animal) as well right? Although it looks like we might be getting a Super Colossal Atrociraptor instead (which is similar in size).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: