News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

avatar_Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Baby Dinosaurs on the Ark?

Started by Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews), November 24, 2021, 04:27:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

I recently reviewed a book by Janet Kellogg Ray titled "Baby Dinosaurs on the Ark? - The Bible and Modern Science and the Trouble of Making It All Fit".
I know we don't generally want to delve into creationism here, though you can rest easy knowing that the book supports evolution rather than denies it. I simply thought you all might be amused by the cover photos I took for my blog post. The dinosaurs are all mine, but the Playmobil Ark was kindly lent to me by my neighbors.

If you DO happen to be interested in the book itself, you can find my review here:
https://dinodadreviews.com/2021/11/22/baby-dinosaurs-on-the-ark/

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

"Dang it Mrs. Noah! Why did we decide to bring baby dinosaurs on the ark? They're attracting azhdarchids!"

Faelrin

I did check out your review, which sent me into a rabbit hole of sorts as well, with some of your other reviews. And I can also relate. I was exposed to both evangelicalism, and YEC when I was younger (since age 11) after I was enrolled into a certain private school. As you can imagine I was very much confused at the time, between reading and listening to the stuff from the church, while also reading the books from the library on prehistoric animals (a few that I've since tracked down copies of, and made a thread on here long ago) that taught evolution, two very much conflicting views. It's amazing I found myself in the right circumstances to escape from it, and it's very hard to undo and battle with so much of what you've been taught could be wrong. I still struggle with the negative character traits picked up from it all from time to time, such as black and white thinking (which is also made more difficult from being autistic as well).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Halichoeres

Quote from: Faelrin on November 24, 2021, 05:18:58 AM
I did check out your review, which sent me into a rabbit hole of sorts as well, with some of your other reviews. And I can also relate. I was exposed to both evangelicalism, and YEC when I was younger (since age 11) after I was enrolled into a certain private school. As you can imagine I was very much confused at the time, between reading and listening to the stuff from the church, while also reading the books from the library on prehistoric animals (a few that I've since tracked down copies of, and made a thread on here long ago) that taught evolution, two very much conflicting views. It's amazing I found myself in the right circumstances to escape from it, and it's very hard to undo and battle with so much of what you've been taught could be wrong. I still struggle with the negative character traits picked up from it all from time to time, such as black and white thinking (which is also made more difficult from being autistic as well).

I was raised in a cult that espoused creationism (among other silly ideas) and I really relate to this. They taught us sophistry and I had to unlearn that to be able to understand the world in nuanced and honest terms.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.