News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Updated the wikipedia page for pyroraptor with some new art...

Started by Reuben03, November 25, 2021, 11:21:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reuben03

long as my heart's beatin' in my chest
this old dawg ain't about to forget :')

Brocc21

I'd say its definitely good enough to for Wikipedia! One criticism however,  I'd work on your feet anatomy. Feet are the thing anyone whos ever tried to draw a dinosaur has struggled with.
"Boy do I hate being right all the time."

Reuben03

Quote from: Brocc21 on November 26, 2021, 03:52:05 AM
I'd say its definitely good enough to for Wikipedia! One criticism however,  I'd work on your feet anatomy. Feet are the thing anyone whos ever tried to draw a dinosaur has struggled with.
YES THANK YOU AHH i struggled with feet SO MUCH

any tips or useful images i welcome. i am desperate to get better at dinosaur feet

Sim

The top of the snout should be smooth, no deinonychosaur has anything rising on the snout.  Also, the remiges look strange to me, it looks like they don't extend all the way up the ulna and the secondaries appear to attach to the hand which they shouldn't do.

Reuben03

Quote from: Sim on November 26, 2021, 06:24:45 PM
The top of the snout should be smooth, no deinonychosaur has anything rising on the snout.  Also, the remiges look strange to me, it looks like they don't extend all the way up the ulna and the secondaries appear to attach to the hand which they shouldn't do.

thats eye catching fleshy soft tissue, this individual is a fella lookin for love lol

and yeah everything you said about the wings is just because i suck LOL

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Reuben03 on November 26, 2021, 06:47:52 PM

thats eye catching fleshy soft tissue, this individual is a fella lookin for love lol

Neither of those are animals which bite each others faces often during intraspecific combat
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

stargatedalek

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on November 30, 2021, 08:14:49 PM
Neither of those are animals which bite each others faces often during intraspecific combat
Nor do we have any evidence that dromaeosaurs did that. Tyrannosaurs probably did, but there is no evidence for it being commonplace to other theropods.

Additionally, turkies will absolutely peck and even tear at others display wattles, the ability to fight off other turkies and keep it looking healthy is part of the reason behind it as a measure of physical fitness.

Reuben03

Quote from: stargatedalek on November 30, 2021, 08:55:09 PM
Nor do we have any evidence that dromaeosaurs did that. Tyrannosaurs probably did, but there is no evidence for it being commonplace to other theropods.

Additionally, turkies will absolutely peck and even tear at others display wattles, the ability to fight off other turkies and keep it looking healthy is part of the reason behind it as a measure of physical fitness.
^^^

Reuben03

Also keep pigeons and watch them get in a row,

they will bite anything.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: stargatedalek on November 30, 2021, 08:55:09 PM

Pretty sure we have it in Acrocanthosaurus and Allosaurus too.

No reason for 2 groups to do so but not the rest

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Reuben03 on December 01, 2021, 01:44:57 AM

Also keep pigeons and watch them get in a row,

they will bite anything.
Where are the serrated teeth at will easily tear large wounds in such structures, causing severe bleeding which will likely get infected and kill the animal?

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.