News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

PNSO 2022 hopes and dreams

Started by Sim, December 10, 2021, 07:44:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidB

Speaking of 'fodder', I'd love to see what they could do with those invertebrates, applying their usual high production standards.

Halichoeres

Quote from: SidB on August 14, 2022, 08:04:08 PMSpeaking of 'fodder', I'd love to see what they could do with those invertebrates, applying their usual high production standards.

Yes, indeed! China has a rich invertebrate record, and some of the printed matter included with PNSO's museum line figures suggests long-term plans to cover the Chengjiang biota in particular.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Faelrin

Would be nice for them to do Chasmosaurus, to at least fill in the last of the Dinosaur Park formation famous trio of ceratopsians. Not sure why the market in general keeps ignoring this dinosaur (outside of BotM anyways), aside from Centrosaurus (but at least both PNSO and BotM did figures of them).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Joel1905

Going by their standard release schedule, I think we might see a new model this Sunday...

Any predictions?

I'm going for either Diplodocus, Edmontosaurus, Shunosaurus or Lufengosaurus.

Halichoeres

Just reminding everyone that this thread exists for speculation and dreaming!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Lynx

REALLY hoping it's a velociraptor or anything of the sort. The feathered figure they released (microraptor) was beautiful despite being a tad on the skinny side. Would love to have a Velociraptor figure from them, hopefully not upsized.
An oversized house cat.

suspsy

I still want miniatures to come back. :(
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Halichoeres

Yeah, I would like some miniatures, especially if they actually deliver on the Cambrian stuff teased in some of their pamphlets over the year.

KrazyKaprosuchus

Quote from: suspsy on September 07, 2022, 08:39:04 PMI still want miniatures to come back. :(
I miss miniatures so much. There were so many great little figures in there, especially my beloved Mei.

Lynx

Would love a redone baby 'Tyrannosaurus rex" mini from them! In particular, one that matches the poster Winter Wilson comes with.

A regular line Ceratosaurus would be awesome! One of my favorite dinosaurs with surprisingly a small amount of good figures for it.
An oversized house cat.

Halichoeres

I bet if they made a Ceratosaurus its teeth would be too long and have no tissue covering them, so I think that would be a skip.

Stegotyranno420

I'm not super determined on getting it, but what do you guys think about PNSO trying out synapsids like Edaphosaurus and Anteosaurus

avatar_Lynx @Lynx some Ceratosaurids(including abelisaurs) will be welcomed.

Bread

Any hadrosaur they have yet to make would float my boat. Please be an Ouranosaurus!

Halichoeres

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on September 07, 2022, 10:32:59 PMI'm not super determined on getting it, but what do you guys think about PNSO trying out synapsids like Edaphosaurus and Anteosaurus

Synapsids would be great as long as they skip Dimetrodon--we don't need any more Dimetrodon! Give me some Cotylorhynchus.

Bread

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 08, 2022, 12:42:58 PM
Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on September 07, 2022, 10:32:59 PMI'm not super determined on getting it, but what do you guys think about PNSO trying out synapsids like Edaphosaurus and Anteosaurus

Synapsids would be great as long as they skip Dimetrodon--we don't need any more Dimetrodon! Give me some Cotylorhynchus.
I'll be shocked if they skip the most commonly made/known synapsid.

suspsy

I would have no objection to PNSO skipping Dimetrodon in favour of a lesser known synapsid. I have both the CollectA and Safari versions and I have great difficulty seeing anyone top those two.

Cotylorhynchus would certainly be at the top of my wish list too.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

SidB

Quote from: suspsy on September 08, 2022, 01:12:21 PMI would have no objection to PNSO skipping Dimetrodon in favour of a lesser known synapsid. I have both the CollectA and Safari versions and I have great difficulty seeing anyone top those two.

Cotylorhynchus would certainly be at the top of my wish list too.
If PNSO did a Dimetrodon, it wouldn't surprise me if they did the unconventional approach with the largely exposed neural spines. Otherwise, I'd like a Sphaenocodon; it made an appearance in the classic Zallinger mural and I'd like to see it revisited.

Halichoeres

Yeah, it is pretty likely that they would make a Dimetrodon if they ventured into synapsids, but I'd consider it wasted effort. A Sphenacodon as S @SidB suggests would be great, though! Nobody has made one in over 50 years.

Joel1905

Quote from: Lynx on September 07, 2022, 08:08:29 PMREALLY hoping it's a velociraptor or anything of the sort. The feathered figure they released (microraptor) was beautiful despite being a tad on the skinny side. Would love to have a Velociraptor figure from them, hopefully not upsized.

If they do a Velociraptor, I'd imagine it being a museum line set, perhaps a pack of them with a couple of Protoceratops' and nests? I just hope they are 1:35, they've shown they can do tiny figures with the baby Stegosaurus & Torosaurus.

I can easily see them doing a Utahraptor.

Joel1905

Apologies, everyone! Clearly my prediction about an announcement today was wrong  :'(

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: