News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Looking for a small green Apatosaurus with a yellow belly!

Started by Tephna, December 15, 2021, 08:02:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tephna

Hello everyone!
I'm on a quest looking for a childhood dino - lost mine when I was four, and still, 23 years later, I can't forget him. Drakosha, please come back!
Recently I even found a picture - but the listing is inactive and the seller unresponsive. The dino was made of solid rubber (neck and legs bent a bit, and he sank in water), was up to maybe 15 cm in length (I think closer to 10), and the mold reminds me a bit of the U.K.R.D dinosaurs and MARX dinosaurs (although the former is more likely since I had it in the late 90's). I'm attaching the picture - if anyone happens to know where I can get one, willing to sell me one, or point me in the direction of someone who could, I'd be eternally grateful for such a Christmas miracle!

Duck

Hey,

I searched around the web for a bit using that image, and it produced only one result, a seller with none in stock on a sketchy website.
It appears this model is either a knockoff toy or just a very rare vintage figure. I will continue to look, but so far, I've had no luck.
I hope you find it!

Cheers,
Duck
He who dwells in pond

Lynx

Quote from: Tephna on December 15, 2021, 08:02:06 PM
Hello everyone!
I'm on a quest looking for a childhood dino - lost mine when I was four, and still, 23 years later, I can't forget him. Drakosha, please come back!
Recently I even found a picture - but the listing is inactive and the seller unresponsive. The dino was made of solid rubber (neck and legs bent a bit, and he sank in water), was up to maybe 15 cm in length (I think closer to 10), and the mold reminds me a bit of the U.K.R.D dinosaurs and MARX dinosaurs (although the former is more likely since I had it in the late 90's). I'm attaching the picture - if anyone happens to know where I can get one, willing to sell me one, or point me in the direction of someone who could, I'd be eternally grateful for such a Christmas miracle!

Hey there! I have a similar-looking knock-off model I managed to get off amazon. If you would like, I can try getting a link, and maybe help you on your quest  :))
An oversized house cat.

Tephna

Quote from: Duck on December 15, 2021, 08:23:36 PM
Hey,

I searched around the web for a bit using that image, and it produced only one result, a seller with none in stock on a sketchy website.
It appears this model is either a knockoff toy or just a very rare vintage figure. I will continue to look, but so far, I've had no luck.
I hope you find it!

Cheers,
Duck

Yes, this is the site I took the photo from - looks sketchy indeed :( I did find a couple more references to the same model though -
Here he just stands there near the cake: https://www.notonthehighstreet.com/twentyseven/product/personalised-dinosaur-cake-topper-scene (they don't sell the dinos though, only the cake toppers)
And this looks very similar but in the wrong colors (and seems somewhat off to me..): https://www.etsy.com/il-en/listing/985965627/vintage-1990s-apatosaurus-black-yellow?click_key=331267111c27121c043c62c841e58673efff75b1%3A985965627&click_sum=2b4800ab&ga_search_query=dinosaur&ref=shop_items_search_242
I asked the seller but they haven't seen one in the green/yellow color combo. They do get new ones from time to time so I'll follow just in case.
Thank you so much for your efforts!

Quote from: Lynx on December 15, 2021, 08:28:40 PM

Hey there! I have a similar-looking knock-off model I managed to get off amazon. If you would like, I can try getting a link, and maybe help you on your quest  :))

Yes please! I'd love that! Thank you!

Duck

T @Tephna
the first link is in pretty different colors to the photo you posted, although that could just be the light.
The second link is a different mold I think. There's a lot of "vintage" generic Apatosaurs out there, and they all look similar.
He who dwells in pond

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.