News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Paleona's Illustrations

Started by Paleona, September 16, 2015, 02:52:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neosodon

The best way I can describe your art is the polar opposite of Luis V Rey. :)) So did you draw it and then use a paint ap to color it in?

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

Paleona

Quote from: Tyto_Theropod on May 13, 2017, 01:01:39 PM
I never thought I'd say this about an Ankylosaur, but that Euoplocephalus is cute!

Thanks, Tyto!

@Neosodon - Everything is drawn in Photoshop Elements. I use a Wacom Cintiq <3 (some of the stuff last year were pencil sketches, and then colored digitally, though)

Mamasaurus

So cute!  Those ankylosaurs are adorable. :D

Images copyrite to Mamasaurus

Paleona

Belated thanks, Mamasaurus :)

Got a few new pics to share~

A tiny Dilophosaurus ink sketch I drew in a hotel, and later colored digitally.
(http://paleona.deviantart.com/art/twin-crests-693170749)

Ampelosaurus with fun colors ~
(http://paleona.deviantart.com/art/Ampelosaurus-693550307)

And a tiny, peaceful Allosaurus <3
(http://paleona.deviantart.com/art/a-calm-moment-693999399)

Hope you guys had a nice weekend ~

Paleona

Little Saurian Dakotaraptor doodle celebrating how close we are to Early Access! ^-^

Mamasaurus

So cute!  You could hang prints of these in a baby's room, or anywhere really.  I'd seriously consider hanging them on my wall.  ^-^  T-shirts or mugs would work too  ;) 

Paleona

Super belated thanks, again, Mamasaurus~!

Here's a sketchy Mattel rex I drew the other day, because I'm pretty excited about this toy line, haha <3

(https://paleona.deviantart.com/art/Super-Colossal-Tyrannosaurus-rex-743484259)

Gotta get back to drawing some more realistic dinos soon~

Mini Minmi

Rawr!!!

I love your pastel colors, it makes your drawings look so bright and soft.

Paleona

Thank you~ I love using all sorts of color in my art. :)

Paleona

(deviantart link)
Happy Ankylosaurus I finished yesterday :) I've really fallen in love with the "tanks" over the past few years~

dreadmane

Wonderfull illustrations and gorgeous colors, great work!
Check out my prehistoric toy/model photography on the Dinosaur Toy Forum here or Instagram here

Mini Minmi

What a cutie! I can't get over how soft your illustrations look.

Mamasaurus

So cute! I've really fallen in love with tanks. They have a lot of charm. All spiny and hard on the outside, but you know they are soft nuggets on the inside. :D

Aw, who am I kidding? My favorite dinosaurs usually happen to be whichever one I'm looking at at the time! Though Stegosaurus will always have a special place in my heart. I love all the others equally, and seeing more love for tanks (especially adorable ones like yours) makes me very happy indeed. :D

Paleona

Hello, everyone! It's been a long time since I've posted, but I thought I would share some recent work. Every year when the weather starts warming up I get the itch to revisit dinosaurs (in art and in books)! My art is more stylized and "whimsical" than typical paleoart, though, haha. No plans right now, but eventually I might think more seriously about making a storybook. Anyway, I hope you enjoy!

Borealopelta in a vintage postcard-type look

Unspecified pet dromaeosaur in a garden

Camarasaurus at a cozy cottage home

Carnotaurus tea party

Quiet reading hour with Wendiceratops

I post on instagram under the same name if you want to keep up with my art  ^-^ 

EDIT: Oh, here are some bonus sketches from last year of Cotylorhynchus, Tiktaalik, and Gorgonops! To even out all the dinosaurs, haha.

Dusty Wren

These are all such a delight. Your use of colors in your illustrations is just gorgeous. Love that Camarasaurus piece, especially.

Gave you a follow on Instagram, and I really hope you do make a storybook sometime.
Check out my customs thread!

Kapitaenosavrvs

These are wonderful! I love them. The Dromaeosaur in the Garden with the other Birds is just perfect to me. And the Tiktaalik looks like it wants a fine and calm pet.

SidB

In my formative years, I would have loved to have received an illustrated book with these "whimsicals". Actually, I still would!

Paleona

Thanks, everyone for the kind words!! I definitely draw to please my inner 10 year old, which in turn makes adult-me happy. I think we could all still use happy, colorful art in our lives!
There's a lot more I want to draw, so more soon, hopefully 🌻

Libraraptor

postsaurischian

:D Gorgeous! Paleona, you've just conjured a huge smile on my face.
I love everything about your illustrations - the peaceful surroundings, the flowers, beautiful Dinos and the touching details (such as
the sleeping thylacine). "Carnotaurus tea party" really made me laugh. My inner 10 year old is celebrating this with joy! Your art is
pedagogically valuable in a way Miyazaki's Totoro is.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.