News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Ceratopsian's custom paints and everything else: new 13 April 2024

Started by ceratopsian, March 19, 2016, 12:58:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

This little guy definitely looks more at home in a garden than some of its larger relatives! Another winner from CollectA.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

ceratopsian

I think the fearsome tail club rules her out of the "ideal pet" category. It could inflict serious damage on an unskilled handler avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres!

Quote from: Halichoeres on August 31, 2023, 06:53:01 PMThis little guy definitely looks more at home in a garden than some of its larger relatives! Another winner from CollectA.

Halichoeres

Quote from: ceratopsian on August 31, 2023, 07:20:55 PMI think the fearsome tail club rules her out of the "ideal pet" category. It could inflict serious damage on an unskilled handler avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres!

Quote from: Halichoeres on August 31, 2023, 06:53:01 PMThis little guy definitely looks more at home in a garden than some of its larger relatives! Another winner from CollectA.

While temperament could make it an unsuitable pet, if it were pretty friendly I think mishaps could be avoided:

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

ceratopsian

ceratopsian

Just a couple of snapshots of the newly arrived Carnotaurus "in the wild".  It's a dull Sunday here and threatening rain, so the images are not vibrant!  I went with the greenish-grey with buff colour scheme and I like the tonal effect in hand very much.  As has been mentioned elsewhere, the mouth doesn't close completely - there's a tiny gap if you look across from the side when it's closed.  But I prefer to display this model slightly open anyway on aesthetic grounds.  It stands - but it needs a good stable surface without vibration for safety.  But then that's true of pretty well any bipedal model.  The use of less flexible plastic for the legs results in a visible seam, but it isn't too distracting and it seems to me a sensible choice.  Perhaps seam is too strong a word - let's just say the shift from one plastic to the other is visible.

Concavenator

ceratopsian

You can say that again. I won't be buying the Allosaurus. Let's hope the improvement on theropods continues. It is a firm that seems to listen to its customers' comments.

Quote from: Concavenator on September 17, 2023, 07:45:45 PMCertainly an improvement over their recent Allosaurus.

Halichoeres

Quiversaurus

Agreed, I feel their Carnotaurus is an improvement over their Allosaurus, and the Daspletosaurus looks even more promising. I feel almost privileged to see the improvement journey of such a company.

Great pictures!

Halichoeres

If they keep it up, I might just buy a theropod from them one day!

ceratopsian

Arrived a couple of days ago and taking the air after its journey.  The gold version of Haolonggood's Edmontosaurus.

It's more orange and less gold than I had anticipated.  Nevertheless a beautiful colour scheme and excellent detail in the sculpt.

Not much more to say – and I was stung on the finger tip a few minutes ago by a wasp that did not appreciate my finger coming into close contact with it as I shut my bathroom window! It swelling nicely.

SenSx

Beautiful shot !
I really like the touch of purple around the beautiful blue eyes, with also the pale body color.

Crackington

Ouch! Hope you recover quickly from the wasp sting!

Lovely photos of a beautiful model though!

postsaurischian

Beautiful figure! I still like the golden version appellation.
 Sometimes 1:1 nature works as a diorama :) .

ceratopsian

Thanks avatar_Crackington @Crackington.  Quick application of treatment seems to  have done the trick.  It went down in a couple of hours and is now no more than slightly swollen and sore instead of huge and a pleasing pattern of bright red and livid white!

Quote from: Crackington on April 13, 2024, 10:08:37 AMOuch! Hope you recover quickly from the wasp sting!

Lovely photos of a beautiful model though!

Quiversaurus

Thanks for the pictures, what a delightful little guy. Looking so happy on the mossy terrain (:

Concavenator

avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian Gorgeous Edmontosaurus, congrats! Will you get PNSO's, too? I'm having a hard time deciding which one to go for...

Sorry to hear you got wasp-stung, thankfully you're recovering from it!

ceratopsian

I already had the PNSO. I like them both in their different ways avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator. Space isn't so tight it has to be A or B for me.

Quote from: Concavenator on April 13, 2024, 04:41:02 PMavatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian Gorgeous Edmontosaurus, congrats! Will you get PNSO's, too? I'm having a hard time deciding which one to go for...

Sorry to hear you got wasp-stung, thankfully you're recovering from it!

Halichoeres

This made me chuckle: "a pleasing pattern of bright red and livid white"

I've sometimes found my own injuries to be visually agreeable despite whatever pain might accompany them.

The Edmontosaurus is also visually agreeable! The orange suits it.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.