News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Concavenator’s Paleoart

Started by Concavenator, December 30, 2014, 11:10:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpittersForEver

It's good!  :D  I love the colours.

triceratops83

This reconstruction handles feathering properly, you look at emus and cassowaries they're kinda shaggy looking, not sleek, the way dromaeosaurs are usually shown. So yeah, it feels very accurate to my eyes, and the colours seem very plausible. Good work!
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Concavenator

Thank you!  :D

Everything_Dinosaur

An intriguing drawing, one that differs markedly from the original, non-feathered interpretation we saw when the scientific description was first published.  It was probably more robust than many interpretations, and your drawing certainly reflects this.  Personally, I would have extended the neck somewhat and thinned out the tail, but again these are just my own views.

Concavenator

Thank you!  :) Well I try not to shrink wrap my drawings, that's why I made it a little chubby. Your opinion is welcome though  ^-^

SpartanSquat

Hey dude. i really like this colours! Reminds me to bird preys like Barn Owls and Eagles! Congratulations!

Concavenator

Deleted.

Yutyrannus

That's a really cool Pentaceratops! It's not starved like so many cerotopsian reconstructions ;).

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Concavenator

Quote from: Yutyrannus on December 30, 2014, 10:43:49 PMThat's a really cool Pentaceratops! It's not starved like so many cerotopsian reconstructions ;).
Thank you Yutyrannus! :) Yes, I try not to shrink wrap my drawings, it makes the creatures look unnatural.

Paleogene Pals

Your Pentaceratops reminds me of bison or other large land herbivores. Your drawings are really realistic, especially the Utahraptor.  Your art is approaching more of what dinos really looked like, at least to me.

Manatee

I love how chubby your dinosaurs are; not enough paleoartists put the extra layer of skin or feathers on their drawings. Looking back on your thread from a couple years ago, you've really come a long way from the tribal Yutyrannus! The quills on the Penta also look realistic to me, compared to some other reconstructions on Triceratops I've seen.

Concavenator

Thank you!  :)

alexeratops

like a bantha!

Concavenator

Deleted.

SpittersForEver

Nice! I like the stripy tail on the tail.

Concavenator

Quote from: SpittersForEver on January 02, 2015, 05:41:10 PMNice! I like the stripy tail on the tail.
Thank you and expect a Therizinosaurus to be posted either today or tomorrow.

alexeratops

Quote from: Concavenator on January 04, 2015, 02:15:46 PM
Quote from: SpittersForEver on January 02, 2015, 05:41:10 PM
Nice! I like the stripy tail on the tail.
Thank you and expect a Therizinosaurus to be posted either today or tomorrow.
Ohhhhhhhhhh, oh my gosh oh my gosh! I can't wait to see it!
like a bantha!

Concavenator

Deleted.

SpittersForEver

epic! I see you got the position of the claws well.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.