News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Bullyland - New for 2014

Started by Everything_Dinosaur, November 25, 2013, 11:12:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tanystropheus

Good Lambeosaurus. I have to see it from different angles before I can formulate a definitive evaluation.

Daspletodave

The Lambeosaurus is awesome. Finally a worthy successor to the Invicta Lambeosaurus, which is the only current decent Lambeo out there.
Now if only someone would do a decent Corythosaurus and Edmontosaurus...

Seijun

Quote from: darth daniel on November 30, 2013, 07:32:47 AM

The Lambeosaurus for some reason reminds me of my old UKRD dinos... Mabye just the color though.

It reminds me more of a waiphoon. The color, texture, and style. I think the lambeo looks fairly accurate (as far as hadrosaur toys go) although the front legs look a little off for some reason.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Concavenator

Quote from: Seijun on November 30, 2013, 09:29:39 PM

The Lambeosaurus for some reason reminds me of my old UKRD dinos... Mabye just the color though.

It reminds me more of a waiphoon. The color, texture, and style. I think the lambeo looks fairly accurate (as far as hadrosaur toys go) although the front legs look a little off for some reason.
And the tail's too short.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Daspletodave on November 30, 2013, 09:28:01 PM
The Lambeosaurus is awesome. Finally a worthy successor to the Invicta Lambeosaurus, which is the only current decent Lambeo out there.
Now if only someone would do a decent Corythosaurus and Edmontosaurus...
For me, they're not even in the same league...I would choose Invicta's version in a heartbeat, and that's coming from someone who does not like Invicta at all. Also, Angie Rodrigues made an excellent Lambeosaurus, although it's not a toy.

Oh, and Dan LoRusso's Lambeo is excellent as well.

:)

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Concavenator on November 30, 2013, 09:39:47 PM
Quote from: Seijun on November 30, 2013, 09:29:39 PM

And the tail's too short.
It could be because of the binding of the paper, sort of an optical illusion...but we'll have to see.

sauroid

i like them both, they arent bad at all.

(btw, Bullyland's Spinophorosaurus looks like a zombie sauropod)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

alexeratops

Quote from: sauroid on December 01, 2013, 02:08:31 AM

(btw, the Bullyland's Spinophorosaurus looks like a zombie sauropod)

Um, I don't think they made a Spinophorosaurus. Actually a pretty cool sauropod to be honest. :)
like a bantha!

sauroid

Quote from: alexeratops on December 01, 2013, 02:28:43 AM

Um, I don't think they made a Spinophorosaurus. Actually a pretty cool sauropod to be honest. :)
oh great. i suppose you know what you're talking about. :)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Takama

Alex.  Bullyland did make a spinophorosaurus. But it was exclusive to a museum in germaney. 

tyrantqueen

SBell

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 01, 2013, 05:01:24 AM

Now now. Not everyone knows everything that's out there. Perhaps they should ask instead of using the "umm" statement as they try to correct someone, but hey, it's all about learning! :P

tyrantqueen

Quote from: SBell on December 01, 2013, 05:26:43 AM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 01, 2013, 05:01:24 AM

Now now. Not everyone knows everything that's out there. Perhaps they should ask instead of using the "umm" statement as they try to correct someone, but hey, it's all about learning! :P
Sorry if it came across as mean :-X I didn't think any words were necessary.

juju1305

Quote from: Takama on November 30, 2013, 02:36:24 AM
am I the only one who relly likes these two figures? makes me want to collect more Bullys

no I love them too. I need to see them in person, but to me this looks better than their recent dino releases (though this year's cats were quite nice) and the choice of species is very interesting, they did go for rare species which is a good sign and will be a nice addition to my Bullyland collection. I tend to overlook some design flaws knowing that they use a different material which has low toxicity compared to other plastics used by other manufacturers. So these two will definitely join the ranks of my collection :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

I think the sauropod is very " early Collecta " while the Lambe is later Collecta styled.  I just might want to get that Lambeosaur.

juju1305

tadaaaaah, the Bullyland site has been updated and features new pictures of the upcoming figures.

ME LIKEY  ;D

They look better than on the catalogue scan.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I like the Lambeosaurus...not so much the sauropod for some reason.

juju1305

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 12, 2013, 05:47:28 PM

The head maybe?
I don't know why, but I love the Bullyland herbivores. Most of their carnivores are terrible, but even this sauropod has something really friendly i like ;)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: juju1305 on December 12, 2013, 05:53:02 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 12, 2013, 05:47:28 PM

The head maybe?
I don't know why, but I love the Bullyland herbivores. Most of their carnivores are terrible, but even this sauropod has something really friendly i like ;)

Might be..almost look like a baby or really young animal. The eyes just seem huge.   Kinda early CollectA.

tanystropheus

Assuming that the final product is similar to the stock photo, the Bullyland Lambeo might be the first Bullyland dinosaur that I pick up (I have the Bullyland Mastodonsaurus and Gomphotherium)

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.