News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Best Figure of 2014 - poll

Started by Concavenator, January 19, 2014, 09:04:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What are, in your opinion, the best figures of 2014 (choose up to 5)?

CollectA Deluxe 1:40 Scale Carcharodontosaurus
25 (34.7%)
CollectA Dead Stegosaurus
4 (5.6%)
CollectA Ichthyovenator
4 (5.6%)
CollectA Quetzalcoatlus with Baby Alamosaurus Prey
2 (2.8%)
CollectA Xenoceratops
3 (4.2%)
CollectA Deluxe 1:40 Scale Therizinosaurus
11 (15.3%)
CollectA Bistahieversor
2 (2.8%)
CollectA Saurophaganax
0 (0%)
CollectA Mosasaurus
13 (18.1%)
CollectA Gastonia
4 (5.6%)
CollectA Juvenile Tyrannosaurus
5 (6.9%)
CollectA Deluxe 1:20 Scale Arsinoitherium
2 (2.8%)
Carnegie Collection 25th Anniversary Tyrannosaurus rex
6 (8.3%)
Wild Safari Suchomimus
7 (9.7%)
Wild Safari Monolophosaurus
5 (6.9%)
Wild Safari Pachyrhinosaurus
19 (26.4%)
Wild Safari Carcharodon megalodon
1 (1.4%)
Wild Safari Ammonite
0 (0%)
Schleich Pentaceratops
5 (6.9%)
Schleich Therizinosaurus
1 (1.4%)
Schleich Walking Tyrannosaurus
1 (1.4%)
Schleich Velociraptor
0 (0%)
Bullyland Lambeosaurus
11 (15.3%)
Bullyland Europasaurus
2 (2.8%)
Papo Archaeopteryx
15 (20.8%)
Papo Dilophosaurus
12 (16.7%)
Papo Baby Triceratops
4 (5.6%)
Mojo Thylacine
5 (6.9%)
Battat Terra Pachyrhinosaurus
15 (20.8%)
Battat Terra Dacentrurus
12 (16.7%)
Battat Terra Nanshiungosaurus
12 (16.7%)
Battat Terra Cryolophosaurus
17 (23.6%)
Bullyland Protochirotherium
2 (2.8%)
Favourite Woolly Mammoth
1 (1.4%)
Favourite Smilodon
0 (0%)
Favorite Dunkleosteus
1 (1.4%)
Favorite Anomalocaris
5 (6.9%)
Favorite Tamba sauropod
5 (6.9%)
Favorite Concavenator & Pelecanimimus
4 (5.6%)
Kaiyodo CapsuleQ Museum: Marine Reptiles Set
7 (9.7%)
Rebor Yutyrannus huali
5 (6.9%)
Rebor Tyrannosaurus rex
5 (6.9%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: amanda on January 20, 2014, 06:59:37 PM
Saying something as in WOW that is something, or..meh, it's **something**?

I See it is doing well in the poll, but so is the Papo Dilophosaurus and that is just based on one catalog pic as far as I know? I wonder, how many members have or have the WS Pachyrhiniosaurus in person yet? I was on the fence with last year's Gryposaurus?. But after seeing it in person it became a must have. Right after the Diablo. I had intended to get it last visit, but they did not have it and the Pachyrhino WAS there...so...

lol

A poll like this does have the problem that many of figures we don't have in hand as of yet.   I would guess the Dilo has been on people's wishlist so long it's a must-like even from a catalog pic.

tanystropheus

...For a sec, I read the poll wrong and thought that the 16 votes were for the Wild Safari Carcharodon Megalodon :o

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

For me, top five are: Safari Monolophosaurus, CollectA Icthyovenator and of course C. Papo Dilophosaurus and Archaeopteryx are the final two of the quintet.
But that is just my opinion. I could add a lot more CollectA to the list as well...
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

amanda

But by what criteria? Most of those are only through pics. HOW can we vote that something is the best figure without even having seem member pics of the real thing?

Gwangi

Quote from: amanda on January 21, 2014, 06:27:22 PM
But by what criteria? Most of those are only through pics. HOW can we vote that something is the best figure without even having seem member pics of the real thing?

You could just vote based on the pictures, not like we can't start another poll after they've all been released, if we wanted to.

tyrantqueen

If you like a model enough, then vote for it. Seeing it in real life isn't going to make that much of difference, unless the manufacturers are deceiving us and using fake pictures.

amanda

I am not meaning to criticize or influence choices. Just honestly curious. As for fake pics, we all know many CollectA figures are either changed or have an odd flaw previously unseen, or fail to live up somehow. The same for the Papo Archy, especially as we have seen no other angle at all. That's all I meant. Perhaps we can later start a poll asking which figures we feel lived up to the hype/expectations....

Zhuchengotyrant

Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 19, 2014, 11:06:42 AM
It's hard to say for sure because most of us don't own them, yet.

I don't like any of the Safaris. The Carnegie Tyrannosaurus was good, but I would have preferred if they'd chosen a different species, honestly. I'm not saying it's bad, it just doesn't "wow" me like their other models, like the Giganotosaurus and Carnotaurus did.

I'd choose something from CollectA: maybe the Carcharodontosaurus or the baby Tyrannosaurus. The mosasaur was also great.
Like You said, we have not seen them in person. It may be the stock Photo. The Safari Mono looks awkward in the pic, but in a diorama I saw, it looked Very nice. So I ordered it. :)
-Zhuchengotyrant

Zhuchengotyrant

Quote from: postsaurischian on April 10, 2014, 02:39:43 PM
:o It's April. Not even the first half of the year is over.

The poll makes no sense.
- As every year there will be some figures we do not even have a clue what they're going to be and who will release them.
- No Japanese brands are involved. I'd say that's pretty ignorant.

I think we're acting hastily and premature here. Not in the manner of a scientific orientated collectors' board.
I know im prematuro! Im 11! No disrespect, sir, it was a joke
-Zhuchengotyrant

postsaurischian

:-[ Oops, I didn't realize the thread is already 3 months old.
I was acting hastily and premature ;D.
I deleted my post (too late).

Hynerpeton

There is a Thylacine? Any pics yet?
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

Concavenator

I think that at this point any of the Safari figures doesn't make any sense being  the best figures of the year.
I think the best figure of the year is undoubtely the CollectA Deluxe Carcharodontosaurus or perhaps the Papo Archaeopteryx.

Gwangi

Quote from: Concavenator on July 02, 2014, 10:25:54 PM
I think that at this point any of the Safari figures doesn't make any sense being  the best figures of the year.
I think the best figure of the year is undoubtely the CollectA Deluxe Carcharodontosaurus or perhaps the Papo Archaeopteryx.

I think I agree with your ultimate choices but the Safari Pachyrhinosaurus is a serious contender I should think. At least an honorary mention.

amargasaurus cazaui

I was liking the Carcharodontosaurus until I noticed how well it looks fed throughout the body and yet has a skull that almost appears skeletal. The shrink wrapped head, alongside the wide and ample torso just looks odd to me. There are several other figures released this year that are more well proportioned I think. Just my opinion though
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

docronnie

Can't vote, since I don't have any of them. But loved your comments. 😃
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Gwangi

Really goes to show you how different the actual model is from the stock photo. Back when I voted I chose the Ichthyovenator,  Dilophosaurus, Ammonite and Pachyrhinosaurus. Having seen member photos and some in person the only one I would pick from that bunch would be the Pachy. Now I would pick the Archeopteryx, Carcharodontosaurus and probably even the Bullyland Lambeosaurus (just because it's a hadrosaur, those are rare). The CollectA Mosasaurus is also a contender for me, as well as the Monolophosaurus.

Concavenator

The Papo Dilophosaurus is lovely too.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Gwangi on July 03, 2014, 09:35:16 PM
Really goes to show you how different the actual model is from the stock photo. Back when I voted I chose the Ichthyovenator,  Dilophosaurus, Ammonite and Pachyrhinosaurus. Having seen member photos and some in person the only one I would pick from that bunch would be the Pachy. Now I would pick the Archeopteryx, Carcharodontosaurus and probably even the Bullyland Lambeosaurus (just because it's a hadrosaur, those are rare). The CollectA Mosasaurus is also a contender for me, as well as the Monolophosaurus.
Wow, really? I hate that figure, even if hadrosaurs are rare.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Gwangi

Quote from: Yutyrannus on July 04, 2014, 12:34:48 AM

Yes, really. I quite like it, and the Europosaurus too. I know Bullyland models aren't usually the best but I'm drawn to them for some reason. Not so much the recent ones but going back a few years. But the Lambeosaurus is a good model anyway, I think that is generally agreed upon. Even if it isn't I still stand by it.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Gwangi on July 04, 2014, 12:50:08 AM
Quote from: Yutyrannus on July 04, 2014, 12:34:48 AM

Yes, really. I quite like it, and the Europosaurus too. I know Bullyland models aren't usually the best but I'm drawn to them for some reason. Not so much the recent ones but going back a few years. But the Lambeosaurus is a good model anyway, I think that is generally agreed upon. Even if it isn't I still stand by it.
Hmm...okay, then.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.