News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA-New for 2015

Started by Concavenator, October 20, 2014, 07:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoLord

Anyone know the measurements for the Acrocanthosaurus? I assume it'll be something like 11" long if it really is in 1:40 scale.

Edit: Nevermind, found them on CollectA's website. It's listed as 29.5 cm, which seems pretty spot on to me.

Tallin

How accurate is the way in which the Dixiatitan's spine flows down in a continuous slope? This also seems to be the case in CollectA's Argentinosaurus. Was it actually likely that they had a sloped back or should there be a ridge or hump when spine flows over the back of the creature from its neck? Most images of brachiosaurs seem to show at least a slight hump.

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Tallin

Ah, that makes sense. I just hadn't really seen it before in figurines!

Raptoress

New Spinosaurus to be released by CollectA in 2015! Check out Everything Dinosaur's page!

Megalosaurus

Quote from: Raptoress on January 07, 2015, 07:41:41 PM
New Spinosaurus by CollectA.
[...]
Wow... or Wack
CollectA is brave.
I still can´t conceive that hands to be used for cuadrupedal locomotion. The claws doesn't seem to fit that lifestile either. Yeah, bla, bla bla, a lot of discussion, debate etc.
CollectA didn't miss the oportunity. What? A crocodilian tail? Oh CollectA, you always surprise us!

But... really... I don't like it.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Concavenator

Tallin

Oh my he's a nice beastie!
I can't help feeling the arms should be a bit more muscled maybe or longer, but it looks great to me! I wonder what size it is?
It's nice that they're not trying to overdo the spino in the dramatic killing machine way that some versions are done...
I agree though they're very quick to jump on the new design despite the lack of knowledge or evidence for the quadruped theory.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Though I don't buy the design 100% ( the skeletal not the figure) , the sculpt looks good..and a surprise too! Is it for 2015?

Tallin

Everythingdinosaur says it will be for sale by them around July apparently according to Facebook...
I still wonder if they'll discover that the new back legs they found actually belonged to a juvenile or something...

Concavenator

CollectA!You almost gave me a heart attack!That thing is so freaking awesome!Love it!Can't believe this is happening!  :o

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Tallin on January 07, 2015, 07:56:30 PM
Everythingdinosaur says it will be for sale by them around July apparently according to Facebook...
I still wonder if they'll discover that the new back legs they found actually belonged to a juvenile or something...

That's my concern and others I've read.

Still it looks like CollectA is embracing this design, with the deluxe model w/moving jaw and two smaller replicas as well..one swimming even..that's another novelty.

Tallin

I wonder how the swimming model will be balanced...?

Also I like that it will have the articulated jaw feature - spiny's jaw is so interesting that I'm pleased you'll be able to have it open to show those croc teeth or closed so show the slender shape!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Maybe a clear rod? Or it would be have to sculpted to the base.

Hopefully the jaw mechanism allows for such a range of motion..we haven't seen one yet so it's hard to tell how well it work.

Manatee

Just found the news about the Spinos: THAT IS AWESOME, both the model and the concept. I am very excited for the swimming model; on a base, with CollectA's design it would look fantastic. The model looks very well sculpted, especially the head (the front legs look odd though); this one's going in my collection for sure when it comes out. I actually like the idea of the articulated jaw on this model, especially because it's in the right place unlike their Guidraco. Any way you put it, CollectA is officially the most progressive dinosaur toy company, and it really shows with these new models.

Zhuchengotyrant

I personally did not like it. I really do not believe in the quadruped, as I think it would break its wrists. The Sereno reconstruction makes more sense.
-Zhuchengotyrant

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Raptoress on January 07, 2015, 07:41:41 PM
New Spinosaurus to be released by CollectA in 2015! Check out Everything Dinosaur's page!

I'm glad I waited before blogging about CollectA's new releases for this year ;)

Gwangi

So while Carnegie is still manufacturing an Apatosaurus from the 1980 here we have CollectA releasing a reconstruction within a year of its announcement. Progressive indeed!

Although I have higher priorities regarding the upcoming CollectA models I do quite like this one and will need to get it down the line. If nothing else it will serve as a great display piece with other outdated reconstructions of Spinosaurs. Whether it is accurate or not.

Megalosaurus

After all the discussion in the proper thread, after Hartman vs Sereno correspondence, after seeing a ton of new drawings, after learning a bit about theropod anatomy, and after looking at this new deluxe model: I still think that:
"There's something fishy about the new Spinosaurus".
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Takama

I just realized, Collecta gave us the fighters for an accurate re creation of the Death match scene in Jurassic Park 3

Feathered Tyrannosaurus VS Quadrupedal Spinosaurus.   Those too will be must haves for me just so i can make them fight to the death >:D

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: