News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

M

List of figures to be released in 2015

Started by Manatee, October 25, 2014, 01:10:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bokisaurus

Quote from: ItsTwentyBelow on October 30, 2014, 03:48:41 PM
I believe the new Safari figures should be included in any discussion of 2015 figures, because that it was they are intended to be, as Doug said. There are most likely a good number of people here who won't see them before 2015 anyway. That's why there is a "Safari - new for 2015" thread going right now. I really don't think the old 2014 threads are the proper place to discuss the new Safari releases.
I agree, t hey are officially part of the 2015 release even if they are out earlier than the others. This will this thread a little more helpful as far as reference if all the figures are listed.

Manatee

Fine, fine. Sounds good. Safari Ltd. 2015 releases added.

postsaurischian

Centrosaur86

everything dinosaur says that collectors will be very happy with the new figures of papo 2015!  :D But for now they can not say more.

Daspletodave

I'm disappointed that there is no hadrosaur for 2015. It's unlikely that Bullyland will do one, having done Lambeosaurus this year.
That just leaves Papo- again unlikely.
Good year for ceratopsians though.

Concavenator

Quote from: kristian on November 01, 2014, 07:19:23 PM
everything dinosaur says that collectors will be very happy with the new figures of papo 2015!  :D But for now they can not say more.
Of course these sort of people do always it's a good year.It's a kind of strategy.However,2015 is so far,my favourite year since I started collecting,I don't think Papo will disappoint.I heard there might be a feathered theropod.
P.S.Regarding the 'good year' thing,it can disappoint.Last year it was said Papo was having an awesome 2014 and it hasn't been as good as I had expected.

Centrosaur86

We'll see at the end of december! Where I will be very happy is a Giganotosaurus and Apatosaurus. This win the poll on this forum for 2 years.  ;) 2015 is especially a good year for Schleich. Their Kentrosaurus is very impressive. And so far my favorite!  :D

Manatee

Quote from: kristian on November 01, 2014, 10:23:19 PM
We'll see at the end of december! Where I will be very happy is a Giganotosaurus and Apatosaurus. This win the poll on this forum for 2 years.  ;) 2015 is especially a good year for Schleich. Their Kentrosaurus is very impressive. And so far my favorite!  :D
Their Kentrosaurus will be the second Schleich in my collection, after the 2004 Edmontonia. It's truly amazing by Schleich standards, and really good by anyone's: unless the promotional pictures are deceiving us.

dragon53

Any rumors from reliable sources about Papo's releases in 2015?

A.Garcia

Quote from: Daspletodave on November 01, 2014, 09:00:12 PM
I'm disappointed that there is no hadrosaur for 2015. It's unlikely that Bullyland will do one, having done Lambeosaurus this year.
That just leaves Papo- again unlikely.
Good year for ceratopsians though.

:-\ Indeed, so far the list is entirely ornithopod-less (except for Mojo). Some nice variety otherwise. :)

Manatee

Rather unfortunately, Schleich has announced more remakes of figures that have already been made twice: but now needlessly converted into tripod poses! Yay!

suspsy

Now watch Papo's 2015 line consist of Corythosaurus, Iguanodon, and a baby Parasaurolophus. 😀
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Manatee

Quote from: suspsy on November 08, 2014, 04:24:54 AM
Now watch Papo's 2015 line consist of Corythosaurus, Iguanodon, and a baby Parasaurolophus. 😀
I wouldn't mind that, unlikely as it is. As a Parasaurolophus collector, I think we are in need of a decent Parasaurolophus juvenile, as the only ones we have are the dismal attempts by CollectA.

Concavenator

Quote from: Manatee on November 08, 2014, 11:55:16 AM
Quote from: suspsy on November 08, 2014, 04:24:54 AM
I wouldn't mind that, unlikely as it is. As a Parasaurolophus collector, I think we are in need of a decent Parasaurolophus juvenile, as the only ones we have are the dismal attempts by CollectA.
CollectA's Deluxe Parasaurolophus is pretty good imo.That being said,I think Papo is making a Therizinosaurus for 2015.It's been hinted they'll release a feathered theropod next year.

Manatee

The Deluxe para isn't a juvenile. Also, I hope that if the rumors are true the Therizinosaurus turns out to be the feathered one.

stargatedalek

don't forget the attempts by safari to make baby para
although personally I prefer the CollectA over them

Daspletodave

I've got the (adult) Para from Papo, as well as the Battat, Favorite and Schliech versions. Didn't care for the Collecta, Carnegie or Bullyland versions. Don't know why the toy companies act as if Parasaurolophus was the only duckbill dinosaur that existed.
I'd love to see someone do a decent Corythosaurus, Edmontosaurus, Brachylophosaurus, Shantungosaurus, or Prosaurolophus.

CityRaptor

The retired Carnegie Corythosaurus is pretty good.

Wasn't there something about Hadrosaurs not selling well?
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

suspsy

That doesn't surprise me. Ornithopods are wonderful animals, but they aren't as dynamic as theropods and armoured dinosaurs, nor as impressive as sauropods. Although if Papo really did release an Iguanodon, I'd snap it up in an instant!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

CityRaptor

Lack of weapons and armor are probably a factor, given that they are often portrayed as victims when used in something.

I think it is however ironic, given that their "mammalian counterparts", horses, are pretty much the opposite when it comes to to figures...
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: