News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

M

List of figures to be released in 2015

Started by Manatee, October 25, 2014, 01:10:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daspletodave

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on November 10, 2014, 10:34:57 AM
Quote from: Daspletodave on November 08, 2014, 01:55:37 PM
I've got the (adult) Para from Papo, as well as the Battat, Favorite and Schliech versions. Didn't care for the Collecta, Carnegie or Bullyland versions. Don't know why the toy companies act as if Parasaurolophus was the only duckbill dinosaur that existed.
I'd love to see someone do a decent Corythosaurus, Edmontosaurus, Brachylophosaurus, Shantungosaurus, or Prosaurolophus.
I think personnally the Carnegie Corythosaurus is perhaps one of the all time best dinosaurs Forest Rogers has ever sculpted hands down. The pose, lines and proportions of the model just flow nicely....I have versions signed by her, and also repainted and based by Martin, and a standard issue as well because of this..not as fond of their Parasaur, agreed.
I have the Carnegie Corythosaurus - and it is a good figure, but it's not a great figure. IMO the head is too small, and the limbs (especially the back legs) are too thick. The Carnegie Maiasaura has the same problem with the limbs, but its head is too big and blocky. I was happy with these figures....until I got the Favorite and Battat hadrosaurs. They are clearly superior in every way. The poses are better, the limbs and heads are more proportional with the rest of the body, etc. In fact the only complaint I have about them is the day-glo neon paint jobs.
Personally I'd love to see Forrest Rogers do a brand-new hadrosaur. I'm sure it would be terrific.

triceratops83

Too early yet but I suppose further on down the track we can include Jurassic World merchandise. Hopefully they won't just recycle the old figures but do some new sculpts. Just action figures, I know, but most of us have Jurassic Park toys in one form or another.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

CityRaptor

I think we can add the Kaiyodo "Legacy of Revolltech" Tyrannosaurus to the list.
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10298231
It's not a mere repaint, it got a new head.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

DinoLord

Looks like a retooling of the Lost World T. rex they put out a few years ago.

CityRaptor

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Centrosaur86

When are the new papo dinosaurs revealed? does anyone know that?  :)

triceratops83

Quote from: kristian on December 09, 2014, 10:56:13 AM
When are the new papo dinosaurs revealed? does anyone know that?  :)

Supposedly within the next two weeks.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

stargatedalek

I wouldn't get my hopes up to high, it could be any announcement not necessarily dinosaurs ;)

suspsy

I have to admit, the suspense is getting to me. I keep checking this forum time after time only to be disappointed. If nothing else, I want to be able to estimate my budget for next year!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

triceratops83

I was lamenting the fact that we don't get any ornithopods this year (Mojo Parasaurolophus doesn't count...), but if we are getting the Boston Museum Of Science re-release then we get a bunch of the very best ornithopods ever crafted. Can't wait for more news on the colour schemes.

Concavenator

Fortunately,I can say I'm more patient for Papo this year,I must say I'm more excited for the upcoming Battat Terra dinosaurs  :)

triceratops83

Doesn't sound like we're getting the Basilosaurus or Megatherium from Mojo now.

Manatee

Quote from: triceratops83 on December 19, 2014, 04:30:19 AM
Why?

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Manatee on December 19, 2014, 12:02:54 PM
Why?
Because we would have heard something by now. They've announced all their other species.

triceratops83

Quote from: Manatee on December 19, 2014, 12:02:54 PM
Why?

That's what they're saying on STS Forum.

Manatee

I added not one, but THREE new-look Spinosaurus models by CollectA scheduled for release around July.
http://blog.everythingdinosaur.co.uk/

Tallin

Celebration! In all seriousness though, I've been avoiding buying a spinosaurus as they seem to change so much, or look very heavily JP influenced. But this new sculpt is lovely - I may have to get hold of this one when it comes out! I look forward to seeing photos of the two smaller ones too!

tyrantqueen

Well, that Spino looks interesting. I only wish they had based it on Hartman's skeletal. Looks like they've given collectors what they've been clamouring for, which is praise worthy.

ItsTwentyBelow

Sorry, just realized there has been an update on Mojo in this thread. Wish somebody would have posted something in the Mojo thread where the discussion should be, because this thread is a bit redundant itself.

EmperorDinobot

I wish they did small ornithischians like Hypsilophodon, Hererodontosaurus, Othnielia, Scutellosaurus, Udanoceratops, Bagaceratops, etc...

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: