News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

A's dinosaur sculptures

Started by A.Garcia, November 03, 2014, 05:35:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A.Garcia

I like the way these portraits turned out:

DinoLord

Awesome! You really need to make some casts of your sculpts; they would likely sell very well!

A.Garcia

I never expected this figure would get such a great companion for display: the Battat Dacentrurus armatus. :D Here they are, creating lovely spiky shadows together:

In my 2013 diorama, Multispinus Mudbathers, I combined two photos and digitally added more mud on the background dinosaur:

The little theropods were created rather quickly as props; I like them but their eyes look a bit empty up close. They are quite small, just under 3.5 cm.

;) Allopreening:

Going for a ride:

I hope you like the pictures. Now I have to make something new! :)

A.Garcia

Blade-of-the-Moon

triceratops83

This easily qualifies as one of the very best Stegosaurian figures of all time. And I agree with DinoLord - I'd buy one of these.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

edu

I really love your style! I am with those that would buy your models.

Tallin

I haven't seen these sculpts before but they are beautiful! I'd definitely buy one of my stegosaur herd! (and the little therapods are adorable too!)

dutchdinolover

Beautiful sculptures!

I like your style.

Keep creating!

Jetoar

Your Tuojiangosaurus is the bestfigure of this specie  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

A.Garcia

Thanks for the kind words, Blade-of-the-Moon, triceratops83, edu, Tallin, dutchdinolover, and Jetoar!  ^-^

Jetoar: I actually don't know of any versions of this species (other than a tiny Dinosaur King one, I think? correction: it's Colorata), which is why I wanted one!  ;)

Arul

Pachyrhinosaurus

As I had said on STS, you've made a very nice figure. I like the simplicity of the colors.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

A.Garcia

Thank you again ARUL, and again, Pachyrhinosaurus. I'm happy with the colors- they appear somewhat bright in some of the pictures but this doesn't bother me in person.

Dinomike

Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

A.Garcia

Thank you Dinomike. :)

I realized the smaller figure I was thinking of is from the Colorata dinosaur set.

Daniele_Italy

Fantastic GARCIA!
You had to be you to do toys for papo, collectam safari etc.!
BRAVISSIMO!!!!
I have a question:YOU have used stencils for the skin creation?
you have a method?
ThankS,!

A.Garcia

The images in this topic have been restored and it is now photobucket-free!  :D

Neosodon

Your Tuijanosaurus is one of the best stegosaurids out there.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

A.Garcia

Thanks Neosodon! I'd still like to see a mass-produced version at this scale. Tuojiangosaurus is known from more complete remains than some of the other stegosaurs already made as models.

A very late response to Daniele_Italy's question that I missed:
The skin textures were done with little stamp pieces of baked clay, a toothpick, and bits of sandpaper. I added a picture among the Tuojiangosaurus process pics where the little texturing pieces are visible.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.