News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

spinosaurus1 artwork

Started by spinosaurus1, November 04, 2014, 03:44:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Concavenator

It's interesting how you depicted Deltadromeus.I'm used to the Bahariasaurus-like drawings.

spinosaurus1

thanks. it was actually bahariasaurus that brought me to draw deltadromeus like this. i recalled some evidence of bahariasaurus having traits similar to those of a elaphrosaurine theropod such as limusaurus. also due to the controversy of deltadromeus being synonymous taxon with bahariasaurus, i based most of its proportions on limusaurus with the exception of the elongated arms.

Concavenator

I see.It really called my attention  :)

spinosaurus1

a changyuraptor  feasting on a unfortunate, generic reptilian

i was bored again. without thinking, i decided to doodle a concavenator on the edge of my sketch book. i used mainly markers and a gel pen

Yutyrannus

Quote from: spinosaurus1 on March 15, 2015, 06:45:39 PM
a changyuraptor  feasting on a unfortunate, generic reptilian

Awesome :)! Definitely one of your best drawings.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Concavenator

The Changyuraptor is badass!Love it! I also like the Concavenator.

spinosaurus1

thanks for the kind remark. i am pretty proud of this one as well
heres a albertosaurus. i used various colors of pens to draw this creature

and a pencil sketch made in school when i finished speech. we all know who this is.

spinosaurus1

one just doesn't get enough of siats.:D (Big Grin)

a large siats taking a dip in water to cool off. interesting event, it was originally standing on land, but i messed up on the feet form and position really badly. not wanting to give up on this drawing and with no means of redoing the mistake i have made. i had to save this drawing somehow, so this came to mind

Tyto_Theropod

You can do something like that Concavenator with just markers and gel pen?! Wow, that's TALENT!

Also love the Changyuraptor, it looks very realistic ;)
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

spinosaurus1

thank you tyto_ theropod, concavenator, and yutyrannus. i'm starting to get the hang of using the promarkers to greater effects. i wish i didn't draw the concavenator on the papers edge though, who knows what it would look like full bodied.

anyway, a couple more drawings made in school

iberomesornis

an avian balaur bondac

and finally, a confuciusornis

drawing primative avian theropods with pen is not only pretty quick, but alot of fun :))

Concavenator

They look awesome,but where are the Balaur's sickle claws?

spinosaurus1

according to Godefroit et al, balaur wasn't a dromaeosaur, but a basal avialan. it was also proposed to walk on all four toes in a therizinosaur- like fashion instead of holding both the third digit and the hallux in the air.

spinosaurus1

spinosaurus1

Tyto_Theropod

I like the Xeno - you've really captured the Abelisaur look :)
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

fabricious

I like how you've improved with feathers and wrinkles! Great progress!

spinosaurus1

a quick drawing of the Carolina butcher i made in school. really, the only reason i did this so i could be the first to depict it on deviant art. a proper representation would come soon

irimali

Your Gerrothorax is adorable!

Paleogene Pals

Amazing artwork! Looks extremely professional. I believe you have a career as an illustrator ahead of you. But, I have to say I'm not so sure about 'Zilla though.  ;)

spinosaurus1

thank you both for the kind words.
apon occation, i like to take a break from drawing paleoart and draw stuff i see in movies. and i happen to be one with old monster films to be part of my forte.

this particularly movie said it enough times to get the point across. the movie, the giant claw, is essentially about a giant bird constantly being described as being as big as a battleship from another dimension that also has a force field to protect it from military fire.

hows that for a random plot antagonist?

this drawing is especially stylized, being that the actual screen accurate creature looks like a muppet gone wrong, i based most of the creatures looks off of the andean condor from memory, being that i drew this without reference.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: