News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Jurassic World (Hasbro) - new for 2015

Started by EmperorDinobot, January 15, 2015, 05:22:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CityRaptor

Same pose, but not a good figure of it, so far.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

suspsy

It would be great if Hasbro released the LW Triceratops and the CE Ankylosaurus. Also the Ultimasaurus. But it could be that the moulds no longer even exist.
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

triceratops83

I work in a department store :P , so at least I will get to see these in person without having to buy them, but still not excited for any of it. I'm guessing that T rex with the light up eyes is THE big toy? You know, the one kids should be going nuts for. Pffft.

ugh, Godzilla got to have that giant figure, why can't the latest Jurassic Park merchandise range offer anything nearly as cool? Outside of Star Wars, JP is THE movie/toy tie in opportunity.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

stargatedalek

I don't recall any light up eyes. The only one confirmed to light up up is the indominus rex and I assume that's likely meant to emulate its colour changing abilities.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: triceratops83 on February 06, 2015, 02:02:35 PM
I work in a department store :P , so at least I will get to see these in person without having to buy them, but still not excited for any of it. I'm guessing that T rex with the light up eyes is THE big toy? You know, the one kids should be going nuts for. Pffft.

ugh, Godzilla got to have that giant figure, why can't the latest Jurassic Park merchandise range offer anything nearly as cool? Outside of Star Wars, JP is THE movie/toy tie in opportunity.

Godzilla had more licenses I guess..I mean Jakks Pacific, Neca ( which I bought the 24" one), just seemed more figure companies were able to get in on it.

Jada Toys who is making vehicle replicas from all four films do also make figures...so maybe we'll get something there?

triceratops83

Quote from: stargatedalek on February 06, 2015, 07:14:48 PM
I don't recall any light up eyes. The only one confirmed to light up up is the indominus rex and I assume that's likely meant to emulate its colour changing abilities.

You're right, they just looks like LEDS in this photo.

Either way, it's got nothing on Big Red.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Blade-of-the-Moon

shoot he has nothing on any of the past Rexes...it doesn't even look like a JP design..more like a 1.00 store find.

Meso-Cenozoic

Totally agree with you, Chris. That guy doesn't even have a hint of JP in him! And is it just me, or do his feet look almost webbed? I'm sure they're not suppose to be, of course. But if you'd only zoom in on his feet alone, I'd swear you could imagine the Creature form the Black Lagoon was rising above them. Hehe!

Fluffysaurus

Its still a couple of months till June. What i wonder is. If this is a final version. Where are the Raptor scratches.
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.
I am the cutest Fluffysaurus you have ever seen!

CityRaptor

Given how little it looks like the actual one, the missing scratches are the least of its problems.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Dobber

My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Fluffysaurus

What i meant was since the Rex doesnt look like the Trex at all. Maybe it isnt final.
There was a person that went to the fair that saw them and said that they look much better them what we have seen. So that makes me wonder. I would love to have the Raptor pack, but not if they are very ugly.
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.

Pachyrhinosaurus

What about the mega-strike T. rex on page 1? Or is this the final version of it?
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Fluffysaurus

I dont know what is final anymore. Maybe i Will close my eyes till June hahaha.
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Troodon on February 07, 2015, 11:38:12 AM
Its still a couple of months till June. What i wonder is. If this is a final version. Where are the Raptor scratches.

The better question is, if that's meant to be big rex from JP, why is she still ALIVE?!  Every possible outcome of the original Isla Nublar experiment has been shown as ending with the original park being demolished and the dinosaurs destroyed.  It was mentioned in a Lost World deleted scene, it was mentioned in the novel, and it was going to happen in Telltale's Jurassic Park: The Game.  That T. rex should be history.

Also?  The raptor attacked the rex more on her left side, so why are her scars on her right?
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Dinomike

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on February 07, 2015, 03:11:54 PM
Quote from: Troodon on February 07, 2015, 11:38:12 AM

The better question is, if that's meant to be big rex from JP, why is she still ALIVE?!  Every possible outcome of the original Isla Nublar experiment has been shown as ending with the original park being demolished and the dinosaurs destroyed.  It was mentioned in a Lost World deleted scene, it was mentioned in the novel, and it was going to happen in Telltale's Jurassic Park: The Game.  That T. rex should be history.

Also?  The raptor attacked the rex more on her left side, so why are her scars on her right?

Good point! They did get destroyed!  Oh well...something survived!  Teehee!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Blade-of-the-Moon

My guess is the feet are flatter/webbed looking in attempt to make it stand on it's own, not something I see happening unless it has feet half the size of it's body given that oversized head. 

As CityRaptor said, scratches missing are least of the issues this "figure" has. Easy answer, Hasbro was lazy. It's obvious they have little faith in the toys selling well. Just biding their time til Star Wars.

There is supposed to be one more big Rex toy, the more expensive one to be shown. Will Hasbro redeem itself with that one? No idea, but I'm not confident.

One person said they looked better..I'll believe it when I see them..all indications so far are of lesser quality items than JP3.

It is her. They say on the website now she's been there for 25 years. My guess it will be explained in the film. We know they come across the remains of the visitor's center which was also supposedly destroyed. My guess is Ludlow just added some inflated costs in the boardroom scene to help his cause in taking away Ingen from John.  Of course that scene was deleted in the released version so maybe it didn't happen at all? The novel isn't canon to the films and neither is Telltale's game apparently.  The image could be flipped, but there were two raptors, one attacked her on the neck the other her back.

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 07, 2015, 04:43:57 PMIt is her. They say on the website now she's been there for 25 years. My guess it will be explained in the film. We know they come across the remains of the visitor's center which was also supposedly destroyed. My guess is Ludlow just added some inflated costs in the boardroom scene to help his cause in taking away Ingen from John.  Of course that scene was deleted in the released version so maybe it didn't happen at all? The novel isn't canon to the films and neither is Telltale's game apparently.  The image could be flipped, but there were two raptors, one attacked her on the neck the other her back.
Well, the argument could be made that the military retracted the kill order on Isla Nublar in JP: The Game which would've allowed for the T. rex and Mosasaur to survive to JW.  However, I'm still correct on the scars.  The first raptor was chomped by rexy the instant she made  her Big Damn Hero entrance.  The other raptor attacked her on her left side.  Said raptor did get onto the rex's right side, but wasn't there long enough to leave gashes like that.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Fluffysaurus

Well who knows what happened to poor Rexy when she was alone on the island.
But there Will be a more expensive Trex? Spared no expense? :P where did i miss that?
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.

Cammy

I hope it's okay to post these pictures here, I hadn't seen them yet in the previous posts.

Looks like the Tyrannosaurus toys still have oversized heads, but I still want to get them all anyway. I just really wish there were humans for them to eat. :(

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.