News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Robin - Goodfellow's Collection ( Collection "Tour" from page 113 )

Started by RobinGoodfellow, March 21, 2015, 11:28:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Watson

Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on May 13, 2015, 02:11:51 PM
Thanks Mr. Watson.
I really like the work you've done for Safari Ltd.
I hope to see more Doug Watson's figure in the future from Safari or other companies..

The Triceratops is an old model I bought when I was a child ( maybe in 1975 or 1976).
I don't remember if it's from Orsenigo ( maybe...).
I bought it in Natural History Museum of Milano where the 1:1 model still stands (  http://www.tripadvisor.it/LocationPhotoDirectLink-g187849-d1901978-i97564582-Civico_Museo_di_Storia_Naturale-Milan_Lombardy.html ).

Regards.  :)

I am glad you like my work, no plans to stop just yet.

I don't own any Orsenigo dinos and I am no expert but I am pretty sure you have one there. According to the Dinosaur Collectibles guide they did two. The big one doesn't have teeth showing, the small one does. The value given for the big one back in 1999 was $200 - $250 USD. When I have seen them sold they always go in the hundreds.
If you go here http://www.dinosaurcollectorsitea.com/oresnigo.htm you can see the Oresnigo Triceratops, sure looks like a match to me right down to the yellow eyes. Randy talks about some possible knock offs called Marvel but I have not seen those so have no idea what they look like.
Randy Knol AKA the Dinosaur Collector is a member here so maybe you could PM him and ask his opinion

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Doug Watson on May 13, 2015, 02:47:42 PM
Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on May 13, 2015, 02:11:51 PM
Thanks Mr. Watson.
I really like the work you've done for Safari Ltd.
I hope to see more Doug Watson's figure in the future from Safari or other companies..

The Triceratops is an old model I bought when I was a child ( maybe in 1975 or 1976).
I don't remember if it's from Orsenigo ( maybe...).
I bought it in Natural History Museum of Milano where the 1:1 model still stands (  http://www.tripadvisor.it/LocationPhotoDirectLink-g187849-d1901978-i97564582-Civico_Museo_di_Storia_Naturale-Milan_Lombardy.html ).

Regards.  :)

I am glad you like my work, no plans to stop just yet.

I don't own any Orsenigo dinos and I am no expert but I am pretty sure you have one there. According to the Dinosaur Collectibles guide they did two. The big one doesn't have teeth showing, the small one does. The value given for the big one back in 1999 was $200 - $250 USD. When I have seen them sold they always go in the hundreds.
If you go here http://www.dinosaurcollectorsitea.com/oresnigo.htm you can see the Oresnigo Triceratops, sure looks like a match to me right down to the yellow eyes. Randy talks about some possible knock offs called Marvel but I have not seen those so have no idea what they look like.
Randy Knol AKA the Dinosaur Collector is a member here so maybe you could PM him and ask his opinion

Thank you very much for the info.
Yes, it's an Orsenigo ( there is a printed label on its belly "ORSENIGO - Made in Italy " ).
I have also the "brontosaurus" from the same line.
Unfortunately it's seriously damaged ( warped) because it has been for a long time in a toy box with others toys.....  :-\

Best Regards

Doug Watson

Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on May 13, 2015, 04:33:46 PM
Thank you very much for the info.
Yes, it's an Orsenigo ( there is a printed label on its belly "ORSENIGO - Made in Italy " ).
I have also the "brontosaurus" from the same line.
Unfortunately it's seriously damaged ( warped) because it has been for a long time in a toy box with others toys.....  :-\
Best Regards

Great luck! That Brontosaurus looks like one of the baby mammoths that were found in the Siberian Permafrost :D
I wonder if that material would respond to a hairdryer to restore the shape? If that's the big one value in 1999 was also $200 - $250 USD

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Doug Watson on May 12, 2015, 03:08:45 PM
That's a great modern collection and I am honoured that you have some of the ones I have sculpted for Safari Ltd. Also honoured that you collect the Wildlife Wonders line, I have done all of those so far (except for the repaints).
One piece stands out though for being from a different era , on page 5, I believe that is an Orsenigo Triceratops from Italy in the 60s, am I correct? But what I am really intrigued by in is the 1:1 Triceratops beside it that was either the model for the toy or was inspired by the toy. Is that in a museum? Were all the Orsenigos based on life sized models in an Italian museum?

P.S. Nice crisp photography as well!!

In this video ( from 1:00 min ) the Triceratops 1:1 model in Natural History Museum of Milano (used for the Orsenigo toy ):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVcdZw9_wjY

That's an "old school" model from seventies, very popular among the kids visiting this italian museum.

RobinGoodfellow

My collection on display:

See you soon...  ^-^

Shonisaurus

I congratulate you have one of the best collections of dinosaurs, prehistoric animals and animals in general of the forum members, you have figures that I think few forum members have as tiptoi dinosaurs, GeoWorld other prehistoric mammals, dinosaurs Science Museum natural Britain and Sideshow mosasaurus that cost a fortune.

Moreover he is welcome to share these photos with all of us.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Shonisaurus on May 17, 2015, 02:50:48 PM
I congratulate you have one of the best collections of dinosaurs, prehistoric animals and animals in general of the forum members, you have figures that I think few forum members have as tiptoi dinosaurs, GeoWorld other prehistoric mammals, dinosaurs Science Museum natural Britain and Sideshow mosasaurus that cost a fortune.

Moreover he is welcome to share these photos with all of us.

That's very kind words. Thank you very much.

Nebuloid

Fantastic collection you have there ! Do you have an overview picture of everything ? Always love looking at those.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Nebuloid on May 17, 2015, 05:34:19 PM
Fantastic collection you have there ! Do you have an overview picture of everything ? Always love looking at those.

I'll do as soon as possible...  :)

Halichoeres

This is a truly enviable collection. I especially like the creative approaches to displaying swimming/flying things. The brackets are very clever.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Arul

Wow that is amazing collection  :o how long you collect them all ?  :D

joossa

Fantastic collection! I'm going to be looking at your photos one more time. There's so much! :)
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: ARUL on May 17, 2015, 09:57:49 PM

I've been a casual collector for years, since I was a kid (...long, long time ago...).
In my country it's easy to find only Schleich/JP stuff..
Then I found a Papo reseller 3 years ago so I started to collect in a more serious way.
The only thing I should need is more space because I'm also a book collector and a movie collector (dvd/blu-ray).
And my house isn't big enough.... ;)

Tyto_Theropod

Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on May 18, 2015, 04:48:26 AM
Quote from: ARUL on May 17, 2015, 09:57:49 PM

I've been a casual collector for years, since I was a kid (...long, long time ago...).
In my country it's easy to find only Schleich/JP stuff..
Then I found a Papo reseller 3 years ago so I started to collect in a more serious way.
The only thing I should need is more space because I'm also a book collector and a movie collector (dvd/blu-ray).
And my house isn't big enough.... ;)

I know the feeling! I also collect fossils, taxidermy, cuddly toys, Thomas the Tank Engine stuff (embarrassing at my age, I know, don't rub it in!) and the odd Living Dead Doll. I've also been tempted towards those lovely resin dolls from Asia but seriously? £150 FOR A DOLL??? I seriously don't need to be doing this to myself! That and if it wasn't for university I'd probably accumulate pets as well. We're gonna need a bigger house...  :))
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

Pachyrhinosaurus

Really nice collection, I especially like that you suspended your marine animals on the shelves. How'd you do that?
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on May 18, 2015, 09:41:48 PM
Really nice collection, I especially like that you suspended your marine animals on the shelves. How'd you do that?

Simply with long L brackets (brown) and a strong tape ( flying reptiles and marine reptiles).
I used also finger food plastic square cups as a base (upright) for marine reptiles.

Arul

Cool, me too i dont have enough space here so i cant collect many great figure from many company. So i only collect what i really want  :)

laticauda

Nice collection, well organized and displayed!!!   :) 

Pachyrhinosaurus

Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on May 19, 2015, 01:10:21 AM
Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on May 18, 2015, 09:41:48 PM

Simply with long L brackets (brown) and a strong tape ( flying reptiles and marine reptiles).
I used also finger food plastic square cups as a base (upright) for marine reptiles.
Thanks. I've been trying to figure out a way to display my marine life figures for a while, now to find space...
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.