News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Shake your Thagomizer!

Started by Bokisaurus, May 17, 2012, 11:35:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bokisaurus

Yes, bring out those lovely stegosaur collection ;D. I'm not a  big fan of the group in general >:D, but being one of the most popular and easily recognized dinosaurs, they are part of the elite group of staple figures that every prehistoric toy figure maker produce. So naturally, after a while, one accumulate a bit of these guys.  Again, one species dominate, the stegosaurus.
Kentrosaurus comes next, and Miragai is poised to be next (both CollectA and Safari released their own versions).
[

[

[

paleoferroequine

As an aside, this year is the 30 year anniversary of The Far Side  comic strip by Gary Larson in which the thagomizer was immortalized .  ;D  Of course I'm assuming all of us here know this. :P

sauroid

again Boki, very very cool. (you even made the chinasaur Stegosaurs appear nice beside the others.)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Himmapaan

It's still a pretty large collection of stegosaurs for someone who doesn't really care for them.  ;D

It still amazes me that a Far Side gag finally became an official palaeontological term.  :))

paleoferroequine

Boki, you have a heck of lot more than me and everything I've got you have with the exception of these and you probably have them too but forgot. Great collection!

ZoPteryx

I like the evil glowing stego with the big fangs! >:D

Bokisaurus

That evil one is the Tootsie toy figure >:D

I do have the first stego, and you are right, I forgot it. The second one I don't, who makes it?

paleoferroequine

Quote from: Bokisaurus on May 19, 2012, 12:07:36 AM

I do have the first stego, and you are right, I forgot it. The second one I don't, who makes it?
I figured you had to have the Safari one but the second is a 1992 Horizon kit.

AcroSauroTaurus

My Stegosaurs, this thread is back!

Figures:
JW Mini Stegosaurus (2 of 3) (retired)
Repainted JW Mini Stegosaurus
JP Hatchling Stegosaurus (retired)
Safari Ltd. Dinos Toob Stegosaurus

Figures:
Family of Marx Stegosaurus knock-offs

Figures:
CollectA Wuerhosaurus
Battat Terra Dacentrurus
Schleich Jr. Stegosaurus (retired)
Safari Ltd. Kentrosaurus

Figures:
Safari Ltd. Stegosaurus
CollectA Miragaia
Safari Ltd. Carnegie Collection Miragaia (retired)
Schleich Kentrosaurus
I am the Dinosaur King!

Derek.McManus

Quote from: Himmapaan on May 18, 2012, 07:14:58 PM
It's still a pretty large collection of stegosaurs for someone who doesn't really care for them.  ;D

It still amazes me that a Far Side gag finally became an official palaeontological term.  :))

I always liked the far side joke with the 3 shifty dinosaurs smoking and the tag line the real reason dinosaurs became extinct.

AcroSauroTaurus

I am the Dinosaur King!

BlueKrono

Quote from: Bokisaurus on May 19, 2012, 12:07:36 AM

I wish I could see the Tootsie Toy. A few of the pictures no longer show up. Anyway, here are a few of mine:

We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

BlueKrono

AAA's array

More stegos

Tiny figures, unknown brand
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

BlueKrono

Libraraptor

Hey Blue Krono, nice to see the Schleich Ursaurier there among your Stegos!

Sigmasaurus

What company made the stegosaurus in the second photo on the top left, and above the Carnegie one?

Bokisaurus

Finally, a different Stegosaur!
Welcome Giganspinosaurus to the herd of shakers :))
It's a beautiful figure, and I love the unique colors on this one, very effective, in fact this is my favorite color on a stego so far- simple but not boring.
There are good details on this figure, but due to it's smaller size, it's really hard to capture on photos, plus they are very delicate, best to see it in person.

Halichoeres

Quote from: SpinoLord on February 27, 2017, 09:41:50 PM
What company made the stegosaurus in the second photo on the top left, and above the Carnegie one?

I think that's the 2006 CollectA version.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Cloud the Dinosaur King

Quote from: Bokisaurus on March 03, 2017, 08:37:23 PM
Finally, a different Stegosaur!
Welcome Giganspinosaurus to the herd of shakers :))
It's a beautiful figure, and I love the unique colors on this one, very effective, in fact this is my favorite color on a stego so far- simple but not boring.
There are good details on this figure, but due to it's smaller size, it's really hard to capture on photos, plus they are very delicate, best to see it in person.

Wow, what an incredible figure! Gigantspinosaurus is my favorite stegosaur and I will 100% be picking this up.

Halichoeres

These belong here:

PNSO China Post Huayangosaurus

Vitae Wuerhosaurus

Can't wait for the new Safari Stegosaurus!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.