News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Laticauda's collection

Started by laticauda, February 20, 2016, 05:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laticauda

I never thought I would share my collection, I didn't think people would be interested, since many of you have the exact same figures that I have.  My collection really started in the 90's when I discovered the Carnegie line.  I grew up in a small town, all I had ever seen were the cheap plastic dino's, and this was before we had a computer or herd of internet shopping. So when I saw the Carnegie's being sold at a local store, it was amazing.  Then I went off to college and left my "Dinosaur" collecting behind.  About 5 years ago in 2011 I slowly got back into it.  Unfortunately, most of my collection is in storage since I do not have the room to display them at this time. 

Welcome to lati's world.

I'll start with the ones that are out of storage. 

Carnegie 2012 Brachiosaurus, Papo 2015 Apatosaurus, 2015 Battat Terra Amargasaaurus.  In the JW Display.  Top:Carnegie 1995 Plateosaurus, 1996 + 2007 Parasaurolophus, Mojo 2011 Parasaurolophus, schleich 2012 Parasaurolophus, and 2007 CollectA Olorotitan.
Bottom: 1993 Carnegie Corythosaurus, 2005 Anatotitan, 2004 w/s Hypacrosaurus, 2011 Edmontosaurus, 2013 Gryposaurus.

Top level:

Carnegie Ankylosaurus, Mojo mini Ankylosaurus, 2015 Sauropelta w/s, 2010 Kentorsaurus w/s, 2014 Gastonia, 2010 Minmi, 2006 Doedicurus, 2007 Lexovisaurus, Schleich Stegosarus mini, 2015 Kentrosaurus, Bullyland 2007 Stegosaurus, 2006 Papo Stegosaurus, Caarnegie 2011 Miragaia, Battat Terra Dacentrurus. 

Predator level:

2014 T-Rex Schleich Red, 1999 Carnegie T-Rex, Papo standing T-rex, 2011 T-rex W/s, 2008 Allosaurus Papo.
Front Row:1996 w/s Allosaurus, 2013 Favorite Allosaurus, 2015 sm Carnotaurus, 2008 w/s  Allosaurus, 2013 Papo Carnotaurus, 2007 Cranegie Allosaurus

Bottom Tusk level:

Back Row: 2013 CollectA Deinotherium, 2009 Papo Woolly Mammoth, MPC blue Woolly Mammoth, 2003 Schleich Woolly Mammoth, 2004 Carnegie Woolly Mammoth.  Front Row: 2005 w/s Woolly Mammoth and Baby, 2005 Schleich baby Woolly Mammoth, 2006 Amebelodon, 2015 Mojo Woolly Mammoth mini

2007 w/s Dunkleosteus, 2001 Kaiyodo Ichthyosaurus, 2005 Bullyland Ichthyosaurus, Nothosaurus, 2014 CollectA Mosasaurus.

2014 Quetzalcoatus w/prey, JP3 Kaiyodo Coca Cola Pteranodon, Geoworld 3d Velociraptor skeleton.

Sauropod top shelf:  2013 CollectA Diplodocus, 2009 w/s Nigersaurus, 2001 Kaiyodo Brachiosaurus, 2011 CollectA Ampelosaurus, srg brontosaurus, Carnegie 2007 Amargasaurus, 1997 Saltasaurus, 1989 Diplodicus. 

Bottom row boxes: 2011 CollectA Torosaurus, 2013 Diabloceratops, 2012 Kosmoceratops, 2015 Shleich Pentaceratops mini, 2012 Utahceratops, JW Triceratops, 2015 CollectA Nasutoceratops, 2014 Xenoceratops, 2004 w/s Leptoceratops, 2014 Paop Archaeopteryx

MLMjp

Is that JW display made up or how do you got it? It is really cool :)

And nice collection :))

Gwangi

Nice collection. It doesn't matter if we all have the same models honestly because it's the combination of models, how they're displayed, and the look at another collector's aesthetic that matter in these threads I think. Also, I knew you must have had a lot of mammoths because of all those reviews you've done. Very envious of that part of your collection. Love how you recycled your JW boxes. Very clever.

Libraraptor

This is the kind of pictures that I really enjoy diving into!

Dinomike

Quote from: Libraraptor on February 20, 2016, 09:58:00 PM

Same here! A wonderful collection!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

laticauda

Quote from: MLMjp on February 20, 2016, 06:13:44 PM
Is that JW display is made up or how do you got it? It is really cool :)

And nice collection :))

I found the display at target as they were taking down the JW display.  They were going to throw it out, so they let me have it.  I wanted an area to put some of my Hadrosaurids, but I am not satisfied how they look in the display.  I'll keep moving things until it looks right. 

Quote from: Gwangi on February 20, 2016, 09:56:02 PM
Nice collection. It doesn't matter if we all have the same models honestly because it's the combination of models, how they're displayed, and the look at another collector's aesthetic that matter in these threads I think. Also, I knew you must have had a lot of mammoths because of all those reviews you've done. Very envious of that part of your collection. Love how you recycled your JW boxes. Very clever.

Very good point, it is cool to see how people figure out to display what they have.  As for the mammoths, they were combined with all my mega fauna, but it look like a big brown mass.  So I thinned it out so you could see the different animals better.  Unfortunately, the rest went back into storage.   :(

Quote from: Libraraptor on February 20, 2016, 09:58:00 PM

Thank you.

laticauda

I have always believed that toys need to be played with, or at least out of the box.  Of course, there are some figures that I just haven't done that with. I also always take the tags off, but I keep them.  Why?   I am not quite sure, I just do.   Any ways here are some figures that I have that are still in the box. 

Dinosaurus of China Therizinosaurus

Sue and Anatotitan

Terra Batta T-Rex and Acrocanthosaurus

Gwangi

With some models I always feel compelled to keep them in the box. But I hate the idea of doing it, so I'll intentionally look for loose models in order to avoid the conflict within.

joossa

Great collection! You have good taste! :)
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Halichoeres

I also keep tags, in little envelopes (one for WS, one for Dinotales, etc). I can't stop myself opening boxes, but I keep those too.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

laticauda

Quote from: joossa on February 23, 2016, 06:01:52 PM
Great collection! You have good taste! :)

Thank you.  I don't know if my taste is all that good, but thanks.   :) 

laticauda

Due to the lack of room or space, and I like to tinker, I am always changing how my collection looks.  I just changed the angle my Hadrosaurids.  I think I'm happier with how my bottom row is displayed.

laticauda

A few more pics of some of my collection.

Sarcosuchus

Diabloceratops by CollectA and Safari and the Safari Nasutoceratops

Favorite Styracosaurus

Safari Styracosaurus

Kayiodo Styracosaurus

Safari Scutosaurus and Postosuchus

Thats enough pics for now.   :)

laticauda

My Kaiyodo collection
I only have a few.

Some smaller group shots

laticauda

Big Al's turn.  Here is my Allosaurus collection.  Even though Allosaurus shares the top spot with Stegosaurus as my favorite prehistoric animal, I do not have a lot of Allosaurus toys.  Saurophaganax at this time is not Allosaurus so I didn't add the CollectA toy to the picture.

Can't forget the JW B&B

laticauda

laticauda

More small dinotoys

Battat Mini's

Starlux

Yowie

laticauda

My only Rebor

and my new addition BANJO

Halichoeres

Banjo stands on just any surface, doesn't he?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

laticauda

Quote from: Halichoeres on March 23, 2016, 07:50:07 PM
Banjo stands on just any surface, doesn't he?
It is a very stable figure.  Only way it falls is if it is standing on a sloped surface and that's true of most  theropod figures. 

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.