News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Jose's Collection (pictures updated on the *THIRD* page)

Started by Jose S.M., July 02, 2016, 10:48:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Jose_S.M. on March 22, 2017, 06:00:34 PM
Quote from: Tylosaurus Rev.A2 on March 22, 2017, 05:43:16 PM
Amazing collection you have Jose_S.M. !! :D :D
But dayum that Schleich Kentrosaurus that one is actually good looking :O
And really I didn't know Schleich had it in em rofl! :D They can actually make something that is really worth getting! Fantastic! 8)

Thanks! have you seen the new Schleich Stegosaurus and Kentrosaurus sculpts? those look great, specially compared with their other new (dissapointing) figures.

Congratulations Jose for your collection is magnificent. On the other hand what the kentrosaurus is true Schleich has plenty of potential to make fabulous figures. Other examples this year's kentrosaurus planned in July and the same pentaceratops and dunkleosteus, but each toy company has its philosophy and I must respect them.

As I have repeated, they could make dinosaurs suitable for children (who are the main recipients in this company) and also for the collectors who are minority, without which Schleich is the first company in sales of figures of toys on a world scale, although obviously I like more for example the latest styracosaurus Favorite model from the same collection of Jose and other figures of others of his figuration mentioned in his photos of his beautiful collection of other companies like Collecta and Safari to name a few examples.

The most important thing is that the figures of José are exciting. Congratulations! You have a great collection and apart from this very well organized and organized.  :))

ZoPteryx

Excellent collection, you have a lot of quality figures there!  :)

Jose S.M.

Thanks ZoPterix and Shonisaurus! And Halichoeres you are right, I'm actually running out of space and I don't like to place figures on the back of the lower shelves, they can't be well appreciated there.

Jose S.M.

A new hadrosaur joins the herd! Favorite Saurolophus (I think this one doesn't need that introduction but still hehe). When I first join the forum I saw it on Halichoeres collection thread and learned it was rare and thought it will be one of those figures that I will wish but never get, thanks to bretnj and his source (and the luck that it was sold again in Japan) now I have it  ^-^

Halichoeres

Glad it finally made it to your collection! After crossing the Pacific how many times?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Jose S.M.

Quote from: Halichoeres on April 29, 2017, 05:33:29 PM
Glad it finally made it to your collection! After crossing the Pacific how many times?
Three Times if I'm not mistaken. And then from U.S. to here. This dinosaur has traveled more than I have. Way more

Jose S.M.

My most recent figures:

Collecta Gigantspinosaurus: I was gonna pass on this one but I'm glad I didn't, it's pretty good and cute, in the promotional pictures it looked like the shoulder spikes were just there like attached to the body but they have a nice skin fold that make them look part of the body, not just an attachment.

CollectA Metriacanthosaurus: I wasn't sure on getting this one either but I like it a lot, I like it's colors and head sculpt.

Wild Safari Masiakasaurus: nice figure, bigger then I thought (I really don't know why I thought that since it's pretty much the same size of most W.S Theropods  ???) and it's paintjob is not that bad, just a little white from the teeth on one side of the upper jaw.

Favorite Ankylosaurus: I love it, it has a nice and calm expression.

And last, Favorite Fukuisaurus: I really wanted this one and a friend got it for me, it's a great figure, the only negative it's that it has some shrinkwrapping but I still love it!

Jose S.M.

OK, as part of the Great Photobucket Purge, all link pics in this thread have been replaced! I took some pics of my figures to share them in a more organized way (the overall pic for the collection is on the first post here).

My only triassic figures: Wild Safari Coelophysis and Collecta Plateosaurus

Sauropods: Wild Safari Diplodocus, Nigersaurus and Shunosaurus, Carnegie Collection Amargasaurus and Brachiosaurus, Collecta Daxiatitan, Alamosaurus, Ampelosaurus.

Stegosaurs: Collecta Miragaia and Gigantspinosaurus, Battat Dacentrurus and Schleich Kentrosaurus

Ankylosaurs: Collecta Minmi and Gastonia, Wild Safari Sauropelta and Favorite Styracosaurus

Ornithopods: Wild Safari Gryposaurus and Iguanodon, Favorite Saurolophus and Fukuisaurus, Collecta Muttaburrasaurus, Battat Parasaurolophus, Carnegie Collection Corythosaurusand my Camptosaurus and Brachylophosaurus.

Ceratopsians:

Wild Safari Pachyrhinosaurus, Vagaceratops, Einiosaurus, Diabloceratops, Nasutoceratops (all of this sculpted by Doug Watson) and Triceratops.

Colllecta Xenoceratops, Mercuriceratops, Medusaceratops, Torosaurus and Utahceratops, Papo baby Triceratops (the only baby I will get i think, it was just too cute!) and my Centrosaurus.

Favorite Styracosaurus and Schleich Pentaceratops, with non ceratopsid marginocephalians Wild Safari Dracorex (juvenile Pachycephalosaurus possibly) and Psittacosaurus.

Theropods

Tyrannosaurs: Collecta Xionguanlong, Bistahieversor and Lythronax, Favorite Guanlong, Carnegie Collection Dilong and Wild Safari Yutyrannus and Tyrannosaurus.

Other Feathered dinosaurs: Wild Safari Velociraptor and Microraptor, Carnegie Collection Beipiaosaurus, Collecta Therizinosaurus, Deinocheirus and Struthiomimus.

Other Theropods: Wild Safari Acrocanthosaurus, Masiakasaurus and Monolophosaurus, Collecta Metriacanthosaurus and Ichtyovenator.

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Jose S.M.

My neighbors were going to throw this out so I grab it and now it's home to my dinosaurs:

P.S: sorry for the ugly phone photo!  :P

suspsy

IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Halichoeres

Before long your dinosaur collection will outgrow its new home :)

Jose S.M.

Here are some photos of the new Safari figures I got recently, first off is Anzu, I like it when I saw it but having it in hand I actually love it, it's very graceful and the feathers on the back don't look that much over sculpted as in the stock photos from safari.

Regaliceratops is my favorite, I have my Trike on the way but for now is the best ceratopsian from Safari.

Inostrancevia: got it because of it being discontinued, but it's a really nice figure, I'm glad I bought it.

Ankylosaurus: one of my favorite ankylosaur figures next to Sauropelta. The head sculpt is great.

Some comparison between anky and the Favorite series 2 one and Sauropelta:

sauroid

congrats on your new Safaris. hope to get the Regali and Anzu too someday soon.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Shonisaurus

Congratulations for the new acquisitions José. The ankylosaurus looks fabulous and in spite of being of medium size it seems at first sight that it is very voluminous. I will wait for you to arrive in Europe to the online stores.  :)

Jose S.M.

I don't know what scale is it but I've posed the anky against the safari 2017  Tyrannosaurus and they go well together, doesn't look like this anky would be easy prey for Rexy.

Faelrin

Thanks for sharing your collection. I really like how you have it organized too.

Also thanks for those pics of the Ankylosaurus and Sauropelta together. I don't have either yet (planning on getting them for the holiday), but they look quite nice together. I have to wonder if they scale up nicely too.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Dinomike

Your collection is fantastic! That Anzu is a beauty!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Jose_S.M. on November 20, 2017, 03:40:09 PM
I don't know what scale is it but I've posed the anky against the safari 2017  Tyrannosaurus and they go well together, doesn't look like this anky would be easy prey for Rexy.

So is it bigger? That's great! I commented that to see it in comparison with the sauropelta of the same company and that figure is not exactly very voluminous.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.