You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jurassic World Evolution-PC/PS4/XBox One

Started by Shadowknight1, August 20, 2017, 09:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MLMjp

There has been a lot of info reveal recently, and we now know the full dinosaur roster!
There are 37 (36 dinosaurs and a yet to be confirm creature but it is quite obvious what it is...cofcofI.rexcofcof ) species in the base game:

1.   Ankylosaurus
2.   Apatosaurus
3.   Brachiosaurus
4.   Camarasaurus
5.   Ceratosaurus
6.   Chasmosaurus
7.   Chungkingosaurus
8.   Corythosaurus
9.   Deinonychus
10.   Dilophosaurus
11.   Diplodocus
12.   Dracorex
13.   Edmontosaurus
14.   Gallimimus
15.   Giganotosaurus
16.   Gigantspinosaurus
17.   Huayangosaurus
18.   Unknown(You now what this is ;))
19.   Kentrosaurus
20.   Maiasaura
21.   Mamenchisaurus
22.   Metricanthosaurus
23.   Muttaburrasaurus
24.   Nodosaurus
25.   Pachycephalosaurus
26.   Parasaurolophus
27.   Pentaceratops
28.   Polacanthus
29.   Sauropelta
30.   Spinosaurus
31.   Stegosaurus
32.   Struthiomimus
33.   Torosaurus
34.   Triceratops
35.   Tsintatosaurus
36.   Tyrannosaurus
37.   Velociraptor

In addition, if you pay 5€/$ extra for the deluxe edition of the game, you get 5 extra dinosaurs:

38.   Archaeornithomimus
39.   Crichtonsaurus (It should be Crichtonpelta, Crichtonsaurus is dubious :()
40.   Majungasaurus
41.   Suchomimus
42.   Styracosaurus

And also, after the movie is released on USA, there is going to be a FREE Fallen Kingdom DLC which most likely will add the following dinosaurs (and hybrid): Allosaurus, Baryonyx, Carnotaurus (We have seen images of this one already), Sinoceratops, Stygimoloch and Indoraptor.

I do like this roaster, but of course I have my complains.
It´s missing 6 more dinosaurs from Jurassic Park Operation Genesis: Acrocanthosaurus, Albertosaurus, Carcharodontosaurus, Dryosaurus, Homalocephale & Ouranosaurus.
Gigantspinosaurus is unnecessary, with Stego, Kentro, Chungking and Huayango there is more that enough Stgosaurus IMO, also I would have preferred Pachyrhinosaurus instead of Pentaceratops or Torosaurus. And of course, nobody wants Archaernithomimus, we get it, is a reference to JW, but  it´s spot could be for something more interesting.
I'm missing iguanodontids, Iguanodon and Tenontosaurus (which by the way, are scrapped dinosaurs from JPOG) in addition of the already mentioned Ouranosaurus would have been perfect. The game also lacks some small ornithopods, Thescelosaurus (Also scrapped from JPOG) alongside the already mentioned Dryosaurus would have be sweet. Other dinosaurs that would make great additions are Troodon and Herrerasaurus, from the telltale game.

I hope we get at least the missing JPOG Dinos in a future expansion/DLC.

Also Isla Nublar has been confirmed as Sandbox Mode  ^-^

Mini Minmi

Sandbox mode is almost exclusively what I play. I just enjoy building scenery and enclosures and watching the animals do their thing. I'm glad it will be available.

MoarCrossovers

How dare you insult Gigantspinosaurus?!

Jose S.M.

I'm very happy with the species list, I care more about herbivores than carnivores anyway. But I'm going to miss Ouranosaurus, it was one of my favorite JPOG dinos. The fallen kingdom DLC hopefully adds Allosaurus, Carnotaurus and Baryonyx, that would make the theropod lovers happier  ;)

MLMjp

Quote from: MoarCrossovers on June 05, 2018, 01:12:39 PM
How dare you insult Gigantspinosaurus?!

Belive me, I don't have anything against Gigantspinosaurus, I like all dinosaurs equally (well, I like my favorites a bit more...) I just think that there is already enough Stegosaurs (Stegosaurus, Kentrosaurus, Chungkingosaurus, and Huayangosaurus) that it feels redundant to have another one, and also because is very similar to Huayangosaurus,but with that huge shoulder spike. Also there a difference between calling something unnecessary and insulting it, so please don't kill me. :(

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Mini Minmi on June 05, 2018, 11:37:30 AM
Sandbox mode is almost exclusively what I play. I just enjoy building scenery and enclosures and watching the animals do their thing. I'm glad it will be available.
Then you gotta build a 4 star park on Isla Matanceros.  And you'll probably wanna get further than that before hopping over to Nublar, it won't have everything unlocked.

Also, I'm NOT shocked that Acrocanthosaurus isn't in this.  Acro was only ever seen in JPOG and Warpath Jurassic Park and never anywhere else in the franchise.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Faelrin

I'm really hyped about this list, but more carnivores would have been nice (hopefully as DLC, since I'd like Acrocanthosaurus, and maybe some others, but at least the FK DLC will more then likely have all of the creatures from that film, which is most of my favorite theropods anyways). I'd also like to see Iguanodon and Ouranosaurus as DLC. I'm really glad we got Sauropelta, Dracorex, Pentaceratops, and Giganotosaurus in this one though (alongside every single film canon dinosaur). I like some of those obscure stegosaurs too (like Gigantspinosaurus and Chungkingosaurus). Honestly a good many of the species on this list I've actually learned about here for the first time.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

MLMjp

Despite all the excitement I have for this game, it is worth nothing that, unfortunately, the game has some issues worth potting out.

1-Dinosaur AI: A lot of people have commented that the AI could be better, one of the main complains is that there is no herding behavior, dinosaurs will socialize but will not herd, to put an example, raptors won't work together to bring dow prey. Also dinosaur combat will be only 1v1
2-Dinosaurs will not sleep and will not poop: Yup, the only time dinosaurs will sleep will be via Tranquilizers, but be careful, because for some reason, unless that dinosaurs get moved from it position, it will die. Yes, it will die, so do not tranquilize your dinosaurs unless you are going to move them.
3-No lethal force will be used to contain dinosaur, you can only sedate them, but if you want to kill a dinosaur, like I said before, just don't move it, blame Universal for not allowing lethal force agains dinosaurs despite showing the use of lethal force agains dinosaurs in the movies...
3-A lot of dinosaurs share animations, and people think it will get repetitive.
4-There seems to be a lack of decorations and things like benches or bins.
5-Spinosaurus may be slightly smaller that T.rex.....

However, despite all of this issues, the development team has already seen all the criticism and feedback and they have already said that they will be working post release in updating and fixing things.

Now, I have to state my opinion about this, some issues are tolerable but others like no sleeping are main problems. I think we can say that Frontier (the developers) is not going to deliver us a "complete" product and that the game is being rushed. HOWEVER I do not think is their fault, a lot of people has a lot of good things to say about Frontier so I do not think is their fault, if anything, they have been working very hard (although they obviously should have focused more on certain things....) to make this game as good as they can.

I think the main problem here is Universal and JW Fallen kingdom, because, from a marketing standpoint, the game NEEDS to be released while the movie is playing in theaters. If it wasn't for this, I'm pretty sure they would have been able to to make a much more polished and complete game, because they wouldnt have to worry about time and deadlines.

But like I said, the developers have a track record of great supporting and updating of their games in post- release so while the product we get now will not be everything we wanted, it may will in the future. I mean, at least this is not going to be one of those cases when they purposely sell you an incomplete game so you can expend more money on updates and stuff.

Jose S.M.

I wasn't getting the game until I can afford a better PC but some of those issues are major turn offs, maybe not deal breakers but they do lessen my excitement for the game. My main complaint are de lack of sleep and herding.  I was never big on putting dinosaurs to fight on JPOG so this doesn't bother me personally but a fighting system like the one in JPOG, where carnivores chased the others and bit them, or herbivores chased and hit carnivores, would be better than "mini death duels" all the time, and I don't think it's so hard to include, JPOG did it 15 years ago, same with sleeping and herding. I hope some improvements will be made post release.

Shadowknight1

Honestly, I'm not too annoyed that the dinosaurs won't be pooping, but the dinosaurs constantly being up and about is kind of sad.  That should be a thing.  Hopefully they'll get around to that.  And that goes into the tranquilizer thing to.  Probably the reason they currently die is because...well, there's probably no animation for them waking up.  Lethal force doesn't bug me.  They are expensive animals.  Decorations don't bother me.  The shared animations kind of do, but it's better than a lot of the animations in JPOG.  And yeah, that Spino looks a bit small.  Hopefully they'll fix that post launch.  It does look like a good game, though.  I hope it'll be pretty fun.  And for the record, I'm getting it on PS4.  My computer chugs just trying to run Star Wars The Old Republic and Star Trek Online lol

Delisaurus Steven

The 1v1 thing bothers me a little bit, especially if it ends up becoming an obnoxious minigame, but overall I'm still extremely pumped for this game. More pumped than I am for Fallen Kingdom actually...

Faelrin

Yeah the issues kind of bother me too honestly, since even in JPOG the animals slept, and didn't always have these 1 vs 1 interactions (outside of death duels, but even then other dinosaurs could interrupt them). The small Spinosaurus is also disappointing but should be an easy fix. It'll be a little while before I can get this game anyways (too low specs on PC, not enough space on PS4), so hopefully by the time I can get it, these issues will be fixed and improved. Dinosaurs look great and the species list is pretty beefy too, with lots of my favorites in (minus a few which will be in either the FK DLC, or hopefully other possible future DLC down the road).

spinosaurus1

not sure if anyone noticed, but the jwe allosaurus looks exactly like papo's allosaurus

Faelrin

I noticed that. I think that's really cool. It even has some spikes on its back like the Papo one too.

KeU

Giant patch coming Sep 13th.
Patch notes can be found here.
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/444417-Free-Update-1-4-Coming-September-13

New game mode and the dinosaur size adjustments incoming.
I might get this game after all.

Syndicate Bias

Saw these from BestInSlot on Youtube yesterday. Im.glad the Giganotosaurus is getting a size readjustment so at least he's on the same height ad t rex

IrritatorRaji

Very happy to see updates like these. Always a pleasure to see gaming companies listening to their player bases :D

australovenator

Quote from: IrritatorRaji on August 31, 2018, 12:29:50 AM
Very happy to see updates like these. Always a pleasure to see gaming companies listening to their player bases :D

I'm happy that they're updating the game for sure, but I really wish they'd address the Dinosaur AI. It's really not very good and it's sad that a game from over 10 years ago has MUCH better Dinosaur AI.

Shadowknight1

Quote from: australovenator on August 31, 2018, 07:36:05 AM

I'm happy that they're updating the game for sure, but I really wish they'd address the Dinosaur AI. It's really not very good and it's sad that a game from over 10 years ago has MUCH better Dinosaur AI.
I can't agree.  Sure, the dinosaurs in JPOG had more varied behaviors, but sometimes they behaved in a way that is contrary to how a real animal would.  You cannot convince me that a Triceratops would gore a sleeping T. rex without provocation.

Appalachiosaurus

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on August 31, 2018, 11:53:22 AM
Quote from: australovenator on August 31, 2018, 07:36:05 AM

I can't agree.  Sure, the dinosaurs in JPOG had more varied behaviors, but sometimes they behaved in a way that is contrary to how a real animal would.  You cannot convince me that a Triceratops would gore a sleeping T. rex without provocation.

IDK man, musk can do some crazy things. It's better than the Triceratops walking 200 feet to awkwardly stand in front of the T. rex who never sleeps so they can engage in a "death duel" animation that ends in the Triceratops' death 99.99% of the time.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: