News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

I-Toy, new for 2018

Started by Takama, November 27, 2017, 08:00:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon

If you're looking for an awesome 12.5" (inch) Jurassic Park TRex collectible figure in that price range ($59.99), you can't beat the Chronicle Collectibles TRex that's being sold by www.thinkgeek.com

Die_Maulquappe

Ok thx for your pictures...
Its ok but it is not worth the high price (would cost me 100-125 euros)
...when compared with the rebor T.rex for 56Euros (for me)

The Cronical Rex is nice... bit to small in scale for me.

I found another one on ebay...what BRAND is this one?
Looks nice and 100% Rexy of JP1 (1/35 scale)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Jurassic-World-1-35-Dino-King-Tyrannosaurus-Rex-T-Rex-Dinosaur-PVC-Resin-Statue/232832952746?hash=item3635ece9aa%3Ag%3AFNUAAOSwxDtbQx%7Ex&_nkw=t+rex+statue&rt=nc

Videos of my statues, figures and dioramas here:
TITANS_of_the_EARTH
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2QYASMKvj9McImqRk1MhCA

Loon

Oooo....that looks quite nice and a good size too, also nice to see some different colors than the normal browns of the JP 1 rex.

Die_Maulquappe

The itoy one 74euro +100euro shipping XD
The other one now 125 +25 shipping....

Pfff I would pay 100€ for a shipped sideshow figure but this sucks.

If a figure like Sideshows costs 350$ and I really want it...than 100$ + I would pay for shipping.
But they play in the league of Rebor and PNSO etc. ... I can buy 4-6 figures of them for that.... so no thx I-Toy.
TITANS_of_the_EARTH

Shonisaurus

Quote from: MiezeMatze on July 19, 2018, 11:49:24 AM
The itoy one 74euro +100euro shipping XD
The other one now 125 +25 shipping....

Pfff I would pay 100€ for a shipped sideshow figure but this sucks.

Apart from that, the customs inspection keeps you. For that price, in my case, being an extra-community nation, that shipment would have been retained indefinitely, and in the end, I would have to pay customs duties if everything went well.

The figures of i-Toy are good but honestly I do not risk buying them with those prices for the indicated reasons.

Unfortunately I have retained packages for the customs service for almost a month and I'm not going to risk the customs services are very strict.

For the prices that you indicate I have indefinitely retained the customs service yes or yes.

Dino Scream3232

Just watched this quick review on the Rex https://youtu.be/r7KMNNmTFkg. The promo photos are very misleading. It's the cat eyes that really ruins it for me. I'm a sucker for a nice JP style Rex. This is a very easy pass for me.

Die_Maulquappe

Yes looks overall cheap.
I´m from 100% too 0 for this thing now.
TITANS_of_the_EARTH

mgaguilar

Updates: Recently met online and had a conversation with one of the sellers for the original supplier, and steps are being taken to refine and improve the QC of the paint application as well as the overall paint scheme.
There will be a new batch come September with the new and more (JP) accurate color scheme, just in time to compete with Rebor's Buck and Doe.
All these steps are apparently being taken due to it not selling as well as previously anticipated, especially with the Buck (Wan Long Tang) being sold-out in contrast.

Takama

The NEW AND IMPROVED Elite Edition

JohannesB

Ooh aah, an "elite" version of the same thing. Wow, that's a great promise. A promise to sell it (essentially the same figure?) at an even higher price.

But all sarcasm aside, when seeing the real pictures, compared to the promotional pictures, I think the "first" version looked quite sloppy (details as well as paint application) for the price. I'll be very critical about this new "elite" version, waiting for the reviews to come out. After that I will decide if I might get it or not :-)

I got their Ceratosaurus for about 40 bucks total, which I thought was a nice price, and the details on that figure are quite nice, as well as the paint application. (Better QC?) If the Tyrannosaurus would be twice that price with the same general quality, I would be enticed to buy it. But that's probably unrealistic, but certainly no more than 120 bucks. But only if it looks as good as the promotional pictures, if not, then this is definitely a pass. (I'd rather hold out for the upcoming 20 quid Tyrannosaurus from Rebor, or the "mystery dinosaur" from Eofauna, which will almost certainly be worth it.)

Faelrin

I wonder why they couldn't just have it look this way to begin with? But well, I'll to see how this one looks. Also did anyone buy the baby Blue lookalike they had yet?
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Shonisaurus

But the tyrannosaurus of i-Toy is very expensive is a version, certainly improved however the eBay prices on this figure are scandalous and general about the dinosaur figures of i-Toy. It would be great if an online dinosaur company would market it at a more reasonable price.

I would buy it but at those prices in the eBay market they seem excessive. On the other hand in my case with respect to the Tyrannosaurus of Rebor "Vanilla Ice" I prefer to wait for the time it takes to buy them at www.everythingdinosaur.co.uk cost on eBay more than one hundred euros that is an out of place exorbitant figure and then they say that the shipment is free, in this case they deceive since the shipment we paid with the price. It is a sibylline way to sell a product by eBay sellers.

The same goes for i-Toy, a more than acceptable company in the toy market, but for the price of that tyrannosaurus rex of i-Toy, great in my case, I bought the entire collection of Safari or Collecta for a year.

I prefer to run out of the entire i-Toy dinosaur collection and focus on other companies. The money you save is used to make the purchase in the supermarket for at least four days. In my case I can not afford so much expense.

Anyway, I congratulate all those members of the forum who can afford to buy these exceptional and good figures from i-Toy.

mgaguilar

Seriously I-Toy??!? An ELITE version of the SAME THING because you MESSED UP on the first production run and it didn't sell well?
As much as I want every Tyrannosaurus on the market, this is just horrible. I-Toy will not have my business this time. Wan Long Tang has better prices and what looks like better quality anyways.

It looks good, and it seems like they're not trying to hide any of the detail this time around with the white background production photos.
Still, not worth it for the prices they're offering atm.

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: mgaguilar on October 03, 2018, 04:22:37 AM
Seriously I-Toy??!? An ELITE version of the SAME THING because you MESSED UP on the first production run and it didn't sell well?
As much as I want every Tyrannosaurus on the market, this is just horrible. I-Toy will not have my business this time. Wan Long Tang has better prices and what looks like better quality anyways.

It looks good, and it seems like they're not trying to hide any of the detail this time around with the white background production photos.

Your mistake was at T Rex, shouldve gone for all the Gigas in the market smh.

At least they have a better version. Vitae lied to me when I expected the stock image and got something lesser quality. The snout on the Gigas is red while the stock image is full on green. Hows that for a change lol. Still the elite version is a low move from them, shouldve just improved the og version's later runs

mgaguilar

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on October 03, 2018, 05:22:24 AM
Quote from: mgaguilar on October 03, 2018, 04:22:37 AM

Your mistake was at T Rex, shouldve gone for all the Gigas in the market smh.

At least they have a better version. Vitae lied to me when I expected the stock image and got something lesser quality. The snout on the Gigas is red while the stock image is full on green. Hows that for a change lol. Still the elite version is a low move from them, shouldve just improved the og version's later runs

S @Syndicate Bias
Oho, you think I'm not going after the other super-predator-mega-theropod that rivals Rex? Just know that I am pushing for Gigas just as much as you are. But even more, I want some Carcharodontosaurus to make their appearance.
And Vitae's Giga is still an amazing piece of work, even though the production paint was not as brilliant as CCT's original. I love staring at that beauty.

But this...THIS is a terrible move on their part. Unless they choose to change the price back to the original's.

Syndicate Bias

How much more is this Eliter version anyways.

I wish there was a single good Carcha that was being produced by the hundreds as well but seeing how its heavily underrated and basically walks in the shadow of it's more recently discovered close relative it's kind of hard.

Maybe Eofauna will tackle him or even Vitae as they did say 2019 they will think about it. Also finally got my Shane foulkes Giganotosaurus painted so that's my new obsession lol