News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Mattel, Jurassic World: The Fallen Kingdom toys - new for 2018

Started by Takama, December 23, 2017, 04:21:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mgaguilar

What's with the arms on the Herrerasaurus? And the paint job on the Pachy?

I think the raptors look pretty decent. Feet look smaller than the other comparable raptors.

Loon

I'll probably only pick up the Gallimimus. It looks considerably nicer than the normal basic figure, at least pose wise. Is it about the same size as the normal figure?

tanystropheus

Doesn't Mattel own the rights to the Dino Riders property? Are they going to simply tack on armor on these guys once it is time to release the Dino Riders toy line?

EmperorDinobot

MLMjp

The "Destructasaurus" also have been revealed:

Quote from: mgaguilar on March 30, 2018, 08:13:16 PM
What's with the arms on the Herrerasaurus? And the paint job on the Pachy?
I think the raptors look pretty decent. Feet look smaller than the other comparable raptors.

The pachy´s paint job is based on the JW website

CityRaptor

They look more like Rescuesaurs to me, saving their little friends. Also looks like the Raptor  is more or less a hommage to Raptor Alpha.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

CityRaptor

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Archosauria

My wallet audibly cried when I saw these.
That giant Mosasaurus is by far my favorite.
"Dinosaurs may be extinct from the face of the earth, but they are alive and well in our imaginations"

-Steve Miller

Archosauria

Some of them are better than others. The Herrarasaurus looks a little strange and so are some of the raptors and the Metriacanthosaurus.
The ones that stick out to me as great-looking are the Indoraptor, the giant Mosasaurus, the large Tyrannosaurus, the Dimorphodon, the Pachycephalosaurus, the Stygimoloch, and the Gallimimus.
"Dinosaurs may be extinct from the face of the earth, but they are alive and well in our imaginations"

-Steve Miller

MLMjp

Is is me or does the Basic Dino Value aka "big and cheap" Indoraptor looks as good, if not better that both the regular and electronic one?
Basic Dino Value:

Regular and electronic "TV driver" Indoraptors

Loon

The headsculpt on the destrosaur raptor makes me think it'll be the legacy collection movie 1 raptor in future.

DinoToyForum

mgaguilar

Quote from: MLMjp on March 31, 2018, 12:55:11 AM
Is is me or does the Basic Dino Value aka "big and cheap" Indoraptor looks as good, if not better that both the regular and electronic one?
Basic Dino Value:

Oho, yes I do want this one. Probably more than most of the other dino's in the line.
$10? That's a steal.

IrritatorRaji

Basic Dino Value:

Suppose it's just its lack of articulation? Allows for a smoother and less 'broken' sculpt?

suspsy

That Dimetrodon is easily one of Mattel's lamest-looking figures. It certainly pales in comparison to the Kenner version.
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Reptilia

There's a sensible decrease in quality with this second wave. Apart from the Indoraptor, this second version looks fairly better than the ultra articulated one seen before.

Faelrin

Okay so with the Toys R Exclusives/Destructasaurs finally revealed, if I had to get one it would be the Dimetrodon even though it's missing some toes, and the head shape is off, but the color scheme and sculpt is kind of appealing to me otherwise, plus the little Microceratus it comes with. The orange striped blue Velociraptor reminds me of the Chaos Effect one and might be worth getting (if I get a chance at it in store).

The Roarivores Ankylosaurus is looking much better to me in the image in this gallery. The lighting on the toy fair images made the teal-green look super bright and the grey-brown on the back looked like a lilac color (although the color on the legs and head looked grey, but here it seems consistent with what's on the back, a grey brown). This should definitely be a purchase for me when the time comes, especially since the sculpt is more movie accurate then the Hasbro JW one (and doesn't have the scorpion posed tail, but otherwise I still quite enjoy the Hasbro JW one). My thoughts haven't really changed on anything else (in other words I still like them), such as the Ceratosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stygimoloch, Pteranodon.

The Basic Dino Indoraptor also looks really good with the sculpt and maybe even the paint deco.

I also find it interesting that the Protoceratops, Minmi, and Pteranodon are actually Wave 2 (summer?) releases and not Wave 3 (fall?).

Now if only there were images of the remaining items from Legacy Collection, such as TLW raptor, TLW infant Tyrannosaurus, JPIII raptor, and the Spinosaurus (since there are pics out there with the human figures, JP Dilophosaurus, TLW Pachycephalosaurus, and the JPIII Pteranodon), so I get my semi final wishlist organized and prioritized.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

paintingdinos

Quote from: IrritatorRaji on March 31, 2018, 01:22:15 AM
Basic Dino Value:

Suppose it's just its lack of articulation? Allows for a smoother and less 'broken' sculpt?

This is a really beautifully sculpted toy, but I just can't get over how boring the Indoraptor is. All that lovely detail wasted on something that's basically solid black. Literally any lighter color with a couple of washes would have been so cool. Even the other dinos with simple paint schemes look more interesting than this.

mgaguilar

@paintingdinos I overall agree with your statement. A sweet navy-blue gradient across the body with accents of speckled gold that increase in density along the body to somewhat form a line would have been better than the demonic-ninja-saur that we have now.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.