News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Marvel Tyrannosaurus repaints

Started by Cretaceous Crab, October 26, 2019, 01:28:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cretaceous Crab

Based on Marvel's character from the comic series, Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur

I really had debated on what to repaint this figure, especially since it is a stylized design, and not really scientifically-accurate. Nevertheless, the figure is so dynamic and "badass," going with an extreme color scheme as opposed to a naturalistic approach just seemed like the perfect choice. I have to say, this is probably one of my favorite repaints.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Cretaceous Crab @Cretaceous Crab It has been very well repainted. It gives a terrifying look.

Cretaceous Crab

This is my interpretation of what many consider is "Earth's First Defender" in the Marvel universe.

From the site's description:
QuoteOriginally a normal Tyrannosaurus rex, this particular dinosaur was unlucky enough to be at the epicentre of the asteroid impact that caused the Cretaceous–Paleogene Extinction Event. The asteroid had been infused with a font of cosmic power, which transferred into the Tyrannosaurus and transformed it into the first bearer of the Starbrand.

For an unknown amount of time, the Tyrannosaurus defended Earth from threats such as the Kree Empire. When it eventually perished, its body was buried and an oasis grew over its grave. The power of the Starbrand preserved its corpse, such that even 65 million years later it had not noticeably decayed.

Since current evidence indicates that a real T. rex was not covered in feathers, I like to imagine that the Starbrand gave this animal an "evolutionary growth spurt," if you will. Thus, accounting for its feathered form.

I originally planned to sculpt the Starbrand logo to put on the figure's chest (as seen in the source material). But I decided to leave it more ambiguous, so the DC fans out there could just as easily imagine this as Beast Boy's favorite dinosaur form. Or maybe it is a T. rex that was infused with gamma radiation (did that ever happen?). Hulk Rex, anyone?

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.