News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Cretaceous Crab's Star Wars Dinos Repaints

Started by Cretaceous Crab, June 25, 2020, 07:31:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cretaceous Crab

A couple years ago, I started watching SW Rebels, as well as catching up on The Clone Wars series. As soon as I saw the older, young-adult version of Ashoka Tano reveal herself as Fulcrum, I knew I was going to have to paint that color scheme on a ceratopsid of some sort. The idea of doing a whole set of Star Wars-inspired repaints kinda took off from there.
   I initially was going to have more diversity in the dino genera I was going to use. For example, Maul was originally going to be a Carnotaurus; [sigh] I know, those horns and for some reason, a lot of Carnos end up with a red/black coloration (maybe its the subconscious demon persona many end up associated with the famous abelisaur). Anyway, I did a few thumbnails, and it was just hard to apply those striking patterns on a laterally-compressed face. Plus, it just seemed weird for Maul to be represented by a carnivore with stubby arms. I had actually repainted the Safari LTD Acrocanthosaurus as Boba Fett just for kicks long ago, but I still wasn't totally satisfied.
   It was also a little difficulty trying to pick which dinosaurs I would use for each character. Eventually, I decided to use all ceratopsids/ceratopsoids, since those neck frills made it a little easier to apply markings from human-like faces.
   Without further ado, I present the beginning of my Star Wars series. Enjoy, and yes, there will be more to come.

NOTE: I will also include fictional species for the dinosaurs used.

"Brothers"
Styracosaurus zabrakii
Figures used: Papo Styracosaurus (Opress) and Safari LTD Styraco (Maul)

Cretaceous Crab

The Student
Diabloceratops togruta
Figure used: Safari LTD Diabloceratops

The Mentor
Einiosaurus palliduvansis
Figure used: Safari LTD

Shonisaurus

Your repaints are great they look like ceramics made from ceramics. Its colors are attractive and extremely fantastic, yet they look great.

Cretaceous Crab

Well, it's about time I update this thread! I actually completed most of these some time ago, but I'm just now getting around to taking photos. So here's a few from the Star Wars prequel trilogy era....

"The Queen"
Medusaceratops naboo
Figure used: CollectA

The General
Pentaceratops grievousii
Figure used: Papo

The Rival
Regaliceratops trandoshanii

Cretaceous Crab

The Pilot
Kosmoceratops syndulla

The Muscle
Pachyrhinosaurus orellios
Figure used: Terra by Battat

The Strategist
Vagaceratops thrawnii

Cretaceous Crab

The Scavengers
Koreaceratops jawas
Figures used: CollectA

He Shot Second
Mercuriceratops rodiansis

The Admiral
Utahceratops itsatraps

Bread

Very nice repaints you have here. If only the Koreaceratops diorama by CollectA had those colors and paint applications, would be an instant purchase for me.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Cretaceous Crab @Cretaceous Crab I like those fantastic repaints. Those ceraptósides are very shiny and beautiful. My congratulations.

Cretaceous Crab

Quote from: Bread on October 23, 2021, 01:25:13 AM
Very nice repaints you have here. If only the Koreaceratops diorama by CollectA had those colors and paint applications, would be an instant purchase for me.

Thanks. If you're interested, I do custom repaints for others.

Cretaceous Crab

Now for some of my favorites...

The Mandalorian triad

Nasutoceratops djarinsis

Xenoceratops grogu
Figure used: PNSO mini

Achelousaurus dunesis

------------

DinoToyForum

Fenestra

You are very good with placement of different pattern schemes on the body.

Eocarcharia

I love these. The Vagaceratops and mini Xenoceratops actually made me laugh because of how perfectly they fit the characters. I mean that only as a compliment, just to be clear. Great job on all of these.

Cretaceous Crab

Thanks, guys. I had a lot of fun with these repaints, especially this next one....

The Last One Standing
Triceratops fetts

Right now, I have two more figures that are WIPs. Hoping to be done with them soon.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Every single one of these is fantastic. May the Force be with you.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

need4swede

This is the most amazing thing ever. Please don't stop making these.
- Swede

Bread

Quote from: Cretaceous Crab on October 23, 2021, 12:51:36 PM
Quote from: Bread on October 23, 2021, 01:25:13 AM

Thanks. If you're interested, I do custom repaints for others.
Good to know, sorry for the late reply though. I may consider having a custom repaint for one of the PNSO ceratopsians soon. I'll PM you once I have acquired the figure.

Edit: Also, wonderful take on the Safari Triceratops! I always felt that figure lacked in color on the rest of the body compared to the head, what an improvement! Well done!

Cretaceous Crab

Good Business
Styracosaurus ohnaka

Over9K

HAHAHHAHAHAH... f**kin' HONDO.

Made my day, man... made my day.

Paleo Flo

Just stumpled over this thread. Awesome work bro!
I'm not that much into Star Wars, but I liked your repaints!
Grievoius, Padme & Ashoka are my favs.
Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.