News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

PNSO—New for 2020

Started by suspsy, January 30, 2020, 03:22:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faelrin

Lol I just added this one to my huge PNSO wishlist I've been working on too. Guess I can remove it now. Hope to see larger figures of Kentrosaurus and Wuerhosaurus too.

Also it looks much spikier then the Carnegie one. Any one know why? Is this more up to date or merely speculative?

Edit: Just now noticed the skeletal they have there too. So speculative based on limited remains? Still does anyone have an idea on the consensus? I'm not well versed in stegosaur anatomy.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Carnoking

Gwangi

Not sure how I feel about that one. Those spikes and plates feel like a bit much. I have the Carnegie model and I definitely prefer it over this.

Andre

Dinoxels

Is it just me or are those proportions all out of wack?
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Takama

Quote from: Dinoxels on December 06, 2020, 10:47:38 PM

No its just you

Baryonyx

Bread

I was just about to add that skeletal image :P

The color scheme seems quite similar to the Machairoceratops? I do prefer it on the Machairoceratops, but it works for this Miragaia.
The thagomizer seems a tad bit over sized, other than that I think this is a wonderful model.

I am really curious about the Edmontonia, wonder when we will get the full reveal of it?

paleochris

Quote from: Takama on December 06, 2020, 11:08:21 PM
Quote from: Dinoxels on December 06, 2020, 10:47:38 PM

No its just you

This is the last reconstruction? because I thought Miragaia had a huge spine on the shoulder, as shown in some skeletal diagrams and this model made by Dinone Studio, but maybe that has changed?

ceratopsian

I saw this a few moments ago with Everything Dinosaur on Facebook. It certainly took me by surprise. At this rate the delivery man will need a wheelbarrow to get the box to my front door, once the new models reach ED!

ceratopsian

Off to bed now as it is getting very late. But I suggest people check out the Miragaia Project "Estmira", along with the new model on which they collaborated for the Dino Parque at Lourinha in Portugal. Their new work has no shoulder spikes and pretty long spines along the back.

Andre

ED's page is showing some more pictures of the Miragaia. I loved it! Definitely waiting for the AliExpress link to buy it as soon as it os released!!  :)
There's also a pocture of the "Stegosauria" with the Miragaia, Tuojiangosaurus and last year's Stegosaurus. So I'm guessing there won't be a third Stegosaurid released in 20/21 :(

Dusty Wren

I love the top down photo of the model:

The sculpt has such a beautiful flow to it. I thought I was done buying PNSO figures for the year, but the Sinoceratops and this model are making me reconsider. 
Check out my customs thread!

SidB

Quote from: Baryonyx on December 06, 2020, 11:25:47 PM
More photos are available at Everything Dinosaur's recent Blog post :
https://blog.everythingdinosaur.co.uk/blog/_archives/2020/12/06/pnso-to-add-a-spiky-miragaia-model.html
Looks fantastic!
Strikingly beautiful. The dorsal aspect really catches my attention. I was a bit put off with the first images, but that was likely just a bias towards the familiar on my part. I too have the great Carnegie Miragaia and have gotten used to that specific look.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Firstly, there is no way I can call that a 2020 release.
Secondly that is one very striking Stegosaurid. So long as it's not exactly the same size as the Carnegie, I will have to get this unusual one. It's very impressive, though the depiction of the plates reminds me of the Bajadasaurus meme of the really long neck spines despite them only having a couple of little ones. Would still love to have this.
I just wish the Tuojiangosaurus had a neck as long as this one. Its disappointing that my favourite Stegosaur got the short straw but I'm used to it by now.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Shonisaurus

At first glance without seeing the title of the dinosaur I thought it was an amargasaurus, obviously it is a 100 percent accurate scientific representation made by Zhao Chuang and it is without a doubt the rarest stegosaurid that I will have in my dinosaur collection. I can't wait to get that figure.

Bread

The photo of the top of the figure really does make me reconsider buying this figure. It truly is beautiful, but here I am still waiting on three figures I have ordered from PNSO. I have no issue waiting, but I am just worried about ordering any more before I get the ones I have already purchased.

SidB

Quote from: Bread on December 07, 2020, 12:46:03 AM
The photo of the top of the figure really does make me reconsider buying this figure. It truly is beautiful, but here I am still waiting on three figures I have ordered from PNSO. I have no issue waiting, but I am just worried about ordering any more before I get the ones I have already purchased.
I think that you're in a large boat with that sentiment. I got three on the way, none likely to get here before year's end, one in total limbo, so I'm quite reluctant to buy more before 2021 dawns. But I think that others really can wait a bit till the dust settles. I know that quality can decline as  a model goes through  series of releases and molds suffer fatigue, but if one orders in mid to late winter, hopefully that will be soon enough for decline not to be an issue.

Bread

Quote from: SidB on December 07, 2020, 01:17:14 AM
Quote from: Bread on December 07, 2020, 12:46:03 AM
I think that you're in a large boat with that sentiment. I got three on the way, none likely to get here before year's end, one in total limbo, so I'm quite reluctant to buy more before 2021 dawns. But I think that others really can wait a bit till the dust settles. I know that quality can decline as  a model goes through  series of releases and molds suffer fatigue, but if one orders in mid to late winter, hopefully that will be soon enough for decline not to be an issue.
The issue I really worry about is the package getting lost in transit. I have read that many people have faced issues with this, "transit hell."

Anyways, thank you! I hope you receive your models soon.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.