News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New For 2021

Started by Takama, December 02, 2020, 08:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

Collectible Prehistoric Models Line

A-Shu The Qianzhousaurus

Domingo The Carnotaurus

Bart The Pinacosaurus

Wyat The Parasaurolophus

Gamba The Carcharadontosaurus

Austin the Pachycephalosaurus

Yinqi the Yutyrannus

Paul the Allosaurus

Haylee the Helicoprion

Chuanzi the Tarbosaurus

Conner the Torvosaurus

Logan the "nanotyrannus"

Zaha the Dunkolosteous

Ivan the Olorotitan

Evan the Tylosaurus

Requena the Livyatan

Tuscun the Himalayasaurus

Aidan Cretoxyrhina

Museum Line

Lucio the Amargasaurus (Repaint of 2019 model)

Rook & Beiber the Stegosaurus

Jeff the Kronosaurus

Andrea the Tyrannosaurus

Er-Ma the Mamenchisaurus

Doyle the Triceratops

Harvy the Iguanodon

BRONZE STATUES

Sinosauropteryx

Thalasodromeous

Borlelopelta

Aurochs

Gigantoraptor

First image is a teaser for somthing potentially common.   

I believe we are suposed to look at the Skeleton on the right ;)

Faelrin

An Allosaurus huh? Looking forward to seeing that. I really like how many of their figures have been turning out so far. Would love to see their take on one of my favorite theropods. I just wonder what species they are using. A. fragilis probably?
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Faelrin on December 02, 2020, 08:31:25 PM
An Allosaurus huh? Looking forward to seeing that. I really like how many of their figures have been turning out so far. Would love to see their take on one of my favorite theropods. I just wonder what species they are using. A. fragilis probably?
I hope it's A. maximus
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Shonisaurus

I sincerely celebrate that they have supposedly made an allosaurus is a theropod whose figures, except for the one in Safari, do not convince me much. We need a quality, scientific allosaurus like the one from Safari and even better.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Looking at the Skulls, it looks like, it will not be A. fragilis. But i am no Expert. (A. fragilis is on top.)
But maybe, these Skulls aren't accurate.

I think, we have enough Allosaurs as Figures, but we'll see :)

RaptorRex

If it is jimmadseni then I will be picking it up. The beautiful Safari 2019 Allosaurus is my fragilis figure representation, but I am glad PNSO is doing more theropods. : )

Mellow Stego

Pnso really killing my wallet lately.
Keep calm and love dinosaurs

John

The skeleton gives away the presence of Allosaurus fragilis. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Bread

I am surprised by this. I honestly would not have expected an Allosaurus so soon from PNSO. I was planning on purchasing Safari's (which will most likely be the case due to expenses) but I am intrigued. My only disappointment is that it won't be an A. maximus. Regardless, PNSO are at the top of the game currently.

SidB

avatar_Bread @Bread , you'll like Doug Wilson's artistry on his Allosaurus - it represents one polarity, a well-fed brute who has also been working out at the gymn. Similar to his approach to his Carnotaurus. It is everything Araki's version 2 Allo by Favorite isn"t in this respect (lean and mean). I wonder which approach PNSO will take?

Bread

S @SidB Thank you for the info! That's pretty much what I would like, a well fed Allosaurus, and possibly his Carnotaurus as well.
Also, I kind of have the feeling that PNSO's Yangchuanosaurus will be similar in terms of body type with this figure. PNSO tend to strink wrap on therapods so I feel like this is best to just stay as an A. fragilis.
Edit: Are we sure this figure will come out in 2021? I thought there are 4 figures left to be revealed for 2020?

Leyster

Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on December 02, 2020, 09:46:24 PM
Looking at the Skulls, it looks like, it will not be A. fragilis. But i am no Expert. (A. fragilis is on top.)
But maybe, these Skulls aren't accurate.

I think, we have enough Allosaurs as Figures, but we'll see :)

The skull in the PNSO picture represent the old, outdated depiction of Allosaurus's skull (like their stegosaurus skeleton is an outdated depiction), the composite built by Madsen. It was popolarized as the true shape of Allosaurus's skull untill we found complete ones like DINO 2560, that shows how the actual shape is quite different.

Old restoration

DINO 2560

"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

RobinGoodfellow

I've always wondered why we never consider the factor of variability in the same species.

These skulls are all about Homo sapiens:

(  Photographs of Phenotypic Variability in Skull Shape by Geographic Region )

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on December 03, 2020, 01:16:34 PM

I've always wondered why we never consider the factor of variability in the same species.

(  Photographs of Phenotypic Variability in Skull Shape by Geographic Region )

Scott Hartman addressed this awhile back and he agrees. It makes a LOT of sense.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 03, 2020, 01:30:17 PM

Scott Hartman addressed this awhile back and he agrees. It makes a LOT of sense.

I'm not Scott Hartman, but I also do agree :) .

Leyster

It's not a matter of variability. Unlinke PNSO Pachyrhinosaurus, whose boss may look unusual for the classical P.lakustai look, but perfectly matches one specimen, no known Allosaurus skull maches Madsen's restoration. Museums are even updating their Allosaurus mouts replacing the skull. It's like calling individual variation the old, pre Sophie, Stegosaurus restoration.

QuoteFirst, we can settle the longstanding debate about the skull of USNM 4734
and the putative existence of a "short-snouted allosaur" in the Morrison.
Gilmore had few complete Allosaurus skulls for comparison, and the damage
and deformation suffered by USNM 4734 resulted in a telescoping of the
facial region. This gave the erroneous impression of a blunt rostrum;
disassembly of the skull revealed that its proportions conform well to those of
other Allosaurus individuals. Later workers have suggested that the right
premaxilla was too small and belonged to a different individual. However, it
articulates properly with the (mirror-imaged) right maxilla and clearly belongs
to this specimen.
The rear of the skull agrees well with the morphology exhibited by other
specimens assigned to A. fragilis
from Carrano et al, 2019

The clear difference between the old (upper) and the new (lower) skull (by GAT)

Old Smithsonian Museum mount

New Smithsonian Museum mount

"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Kapitaenosavrvs

This. I think about that quite alot. Makes total sense to me in alot of cases. On the other Hand, Animals may not have that much of different DNA like Humans, when breeding? Because Humans "breed" not the way "nature thought about it"? I do not know. This Topic can be misunderstood and can get out of Hand fast. And i do not want to create a feeling, that this is going in a completely wrong direction :D So yes. Allosaurus. We'll see in the End.

L @Leyster Thank you very much for that info!

EDIT: Oh, considering the short evolutional Time and te change of the Human, it maked sense, because with Dinosaurs we speak in alot longer Timeranges. Absolutely natural to me, that Allosaurs evolves during Time but also with smaller changes. I was a bit stupid when i replied.

Leyster

The real funny fact is that Gilmore 1920 illustrates in the very next page of an horribly plaster restored Allosaurus skull (what was then known of USNM 4734) a picture of the restored skull of AMNH 666 (that was assigned to Antrodemus vales, now recognized as a synonim of Allosaurus fragilis) wich is way closer to the modern conception of Allosaurus's skull, but was happily ignored fror almost a century.

Turacoverdin

I knew of the developments regarding the skull of Allosaurus, but had never seen that old reconstruction before. Interesting tidbit of palaeontology history, cheers L @Leyster !

Bernie Brontosaurus

When will PNSO start tackling RAPTORS?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: