You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dinamation International Corporation

Started by Blade-of-the-Moon, February 27, 2021, 02:02:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Not sure how many know, but in my free time ( hah ) I manage a fan page on Facebook for the now defunct animatronic company Dinamation here : https://www.facebook.com/Dinamation/

We recently took up a collection and funded a project to digitize and transfer some old promo videos from the company that to my knowledge  doesn't exist anywhere else. 

I've uploaded them to our facebook page for anyone wanting to check them out there and the other pics and info we have. Also they are on Youtube here :  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqrg1bQ7zVAPf00Ks6vcHWA

Blade-of-the-Moon

Just wanted to remind everyone I'm still updating and posting pics and video on our Dinamation fan page on facebook above.

We have been fortunate to have several Dinamation Alum comment and post some cool stories and insights on their time with the company.

Recently we shared some pics of the HUGE Dinamation Rex in Britain from 199o's. Ken Diggs a traveling Dinamation technician set this one up twice in 24 hours. First it was shown on Blue Peter here :

Then he set it up in Trafalgar Square :

If anyone has any Dinamation photos, memorabilia, ect.. feel free to share!

DinoToyForum

Nice video find, it is possible I watched that at the time, it kinda rings a bell... and at 4:24 whoah! Steve Hutt talking about Pachycostasaurus dawni! That's the holotype specimen no less. It's on display in the Peterborough Museum now: https://plesiosauria.com/directory/genera/pachycostasaurus/ Then they look at what I think must be Neovenator material before that was published. Shame about Harris appearing at the end of the episode.

Also, I have a poster/leaflet from the same year (1998), promoting the exhibition when it was at Birmingham, UK ("Dinosaurs: The Next Generation). I can photograph it for you if you like.

Pachyrhinosaurus

I read recently that the premiere of Disney's Dinosaur included an exhibit outside the theatre. This is the only image I could find of it:

Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

DinoToyForum

Here's the leaflet/poster I dug out, kept it since 1998 when I was 17:

I visited the exhibition but I don't think I took any photos, and I don't have particularly strong memories of the dinosaurs themselves. I do remember the friend who I went with bought the Carnegie Elasmosaurus in the gift shop. A few years later, when I got into plesiosaurs professionally, he gave the figure to me as a gift.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: DinoToyForum on April 12, 2024, 08:22:32 PMNice video find, it is possible I watched that at the time, it kinda rings a bell... and at 4:24 whoah! Steve Hutt talking about Pachycostasaurus dawni! That's the holotype specimen no less. It's on display in the Peterborough Museum now: https://plesiosauria.com/directory/genera/pachycostasaurus/ Then they look at what I think must be Neovenator material before that was published. Shame about Harris appearing at the end of the episode.

Also, I have a poster/leaflet from the same year (1998), promoting the exhibition when it was at Birmingham, UK ("Dinosaurs: The Next Generation). I can photograph it for you if you like.

I watched the whole episode lol I thought you'd like that bit. I heard plesiosaur and I instantly thought of you.

Many thanks for the scans! I'll get them up on the FB page soon.  The guy in the blue shirt in your poster is Dr. George Callison, one of Dinamation's paleo advisers he actually comments on the posts we put up.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on April 12, 2024, 09:59:31 PMI read recently that the premiere of Disney's Dinosaur included an exhibit outside the theatre. This is the only image I could find of it:

That's cool! I had no idea Dinamation played a part in the premiere. Thanks!

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 13, 2024, 03:07:47 AM
Quote from: DinoToyForum on April 12, 2024, 08:22:32 PMNice video find, it is possible I watched that at the time, it kinda rings a bell... and at 4:24 whoah! Steve Hutt talking about Pachycostasaurus dawni! That's the holotype specimen no less. It's on display in the Peterborough Museum now: https://plesiosauria.com/directory/genera/pachycostasaurus/ Then they look at what I think must be Neovenator material before that was published. Shame about Harris appearing at the end of the episode.

I watched the whole episode lol I thought you'd like that bit. I heard plesiosaur and I instantly thought of you.

Many thanks for the scans! I'll get them up on the FB page soon.  The guy in the blue shirt in your poster is Dr. George Callison, one of Dinamation's paleo advisers he actually comments on the posts we put up.

Sure, feel free to share them on the FB page. Maybe you can give a shoutout and link to the DTF, if the page followers are dino-crazy they might also be interested to join our community here. :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: DinoToyForum on April 13, 2024, 11:30:54 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 13, 2024, 03:07:47 AM

Sure, feel free to share them on the FB page. Maybe you can give a shoutout and link to the DTF, if the page followers are dino-crazy they might also be interested to join our community here. :)

Sure thing!

HD-man

Dinamation is very nostalgic to me. I'm surprised this video hasn't already been mentioned:
I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: HD-man on April 13, 2024, 10:49:49 PMDinamation is very nostalgic to me. I'm surprised this video hasn't already been mentioned:

I've shared on our FB page before. It's got some points not the entire story though.

Funk

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 27, 2021, 02:02:05 AMNot sure how many know, but in my free time ( hah ) I manage a fan page on Facebook for the now defunct animatronic company Dinamation here : https://www.facebook.com/Dinamation/
Didn't know it was someone here! I've sent a few tips to the page, including an appearance in the Crocodile Hunter. I have some photos from the early 90s when Dinamation was displayed in Tivoli in Copenhagen, might dig them up and scan them. Here's me with the Smilodon and an entelodont:

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Funk on May 29, 2024, 08:04:19 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 27, 2021, 02:02:05 AMNot sure how many know, but in my free time ( hah ) I manage a fan page on Facebook for the now defunct animatronic company Dinamation here : https://www.facebook.com/Dinamation/
Didn't know it was someone here! I've sent a few tips to the page, including an appearance in the Crocodile Hunter. I have some photos from the early 90s when Dinamation was displayed in Tivoli in Copenhagen, might dig them up and scan them. Here's me with the Smilodon and an entelodont:

Funny where you meet people! lol  :))  Thanks for the pics you sent, I'm trying to keep up with the page there it's a bit more sporadic than I'd like but it's one of my favorite things so..  ;D

Funk

Not the greatest photos, but here are the rest of those from Copenhagen I could find. It's a later exhibit than the previous photo, so I look older...

Blade-of-the-Moon

That looks like it was a really interesting exhibit!

Funk

One thing that remains unclear to me is whether it was the same individual models that travelled the world, or were there multiple copies of each species that were touring around simultaneously?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Funk on July 28, 2024, 04:30:16 AMOne thing that remains unclear to me is whether it was the same individual models that travelled the world, or were there multiple copies of each species that were touring around simultaneously?

They had fleets of models. Usually several of each. There were also a couple other worldwide divisions with stock.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.