News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Lontic Dinosaurs

Started by Mauro "Raptor86", October 24, 2013, 04:17:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stegotyranno420

i got it, but first, give your soul

Spoiler
jk i don't got it, sry, hope u find it
[close]

Reuben03

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on April 22, 2021, 05:13:11 AM
i got it, but first, give your soul

Spoiler
jk i don't got it, sry, hope u find it
[close]
HAHA BRO YOU HAD ME FOR A SEC ;D

long as my heart's beatin' in my chest
this old dawg ain't about to forget :')

Fembrogon

I've been curious about these figures for a while, so I've been looking around trying to find more info. There don't seem to be many sites consistently selling these sets, besides eBay; and it appears the links on the first page of this thread are dead now. However, I did find a couple of Chinese stores which appear to carry the whole series, in different arrangements from the Kid Galaxy sets.

https://www.yoycart.com/Product/43214403419/

https://www.bulkfromchina.com/goods/item/detail/id/43214403419

I haven't looked into these sites in great detail yet, but I'm tempted to try placing an order in the near future.

By the way, since Xidi/Happy Kin(g) seems to be the original company name, would it be wise to update the thread title?

Stegotyranno420

Not going to lie, that has to be one my favorite Cryolophosaurus that is currently on the market. They could fix the proportions a bit but it looks so cool

thedeadlymoose

Quote from: Fembrogon on September 01, 2021, 06:38:12 PM
I've been curious about these figures for a while, so I've been looking around trying to find more info. There don't seem to be many sites consistently selling these sets, besides eBay; and it appears the links on the first page of this thread are dead now. However, I did find a couple of Chinese stores which appear to carry the whole series, in different arrangements from the Kid Galaxy sets.

I haven't looked into these sites in great detail yet, but I'm tempted to try placing an order in the near future.

Wow, a lot of these are really amazing figures. In particular I love the Struthiomimus, Scaphonyx, Plateosaurus, Ouranosaurus, Abrictosaurus, and Koreaceratops.

I know a lot of these sculpts are knockoffs of DK book models, but it's hard to care when companies don't produce many good figures of these dinosaur types. If any.

Has anyone successfully bought any of these sets from anywhere?

Rain

Some of those are actual bootlegs, there's a lot of Hasbro JP3 stuff there.

Fembrogon

Some of these can be found on eBay, loose or in a set, by searching under "kid galaxy" or "lontic", which seem to be previous distributors. Broader internet searches, however, don't come up with much. A couple websites still seem to carry SOME of them, and it sounds like certain stores like Costco and TJ Maxx have been known to carry them before.
The two links above, however, are the most extensively stocked options I've seen so far.

sauroid

i only have the Hasbro JP T. rex knockoff. but they all look interesting
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Fembrogon

For a fun fact, I'm currently reading the new issue #140 of Prehistoric Times, and I'm surprised to discover a couple of paragraphs devoted to Xidi in Randy Knol's regular "Dinosaur Collector News" article. He primarily discusses the Scaphonyx, but also mentions Xidi's Hypsilophodon miniature(s). Knol mentions first encountering the Scaphonyx at a Hong Kong Toy Fair two years ago; he also refers to Lontic being the Canadian distributor, while a company called Imex distributes in the US.

Skorpio V.

Whoa, I've seen a lot of the first image float around retailers like Costco and Walmart but never the bottom ones!!

Even for the top, I have yet to find the DK Baryonyx, Corythosaurus, and Giganotosaurus which I've always kind of wanted since seeing them lurk in books as a kid.

I would pick up the 2nd set of the 2nd picture in a heartbeat, though I doubt Julius Csotonyi authorised them to copy and paste his Koreaceratops.
On and off dinosaur collecting phases over the span of millions of years has led me to this very forum.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Fembrogon on January 25, 2022, 05:40:15 PMFor a fun fact, I'm currently reading the new issue #140 of Prehistoric Times, and I'm surprised to discover a couple of paragraphs devoted to Xidi in Randy Knol's regular "Dinosaur Collector News" article. He primarily discusses the Scaphonyx, but also mentions Xidi's Hypsilophodon miniature(s). Knol mentions first encountering the Scaphonyx at a Hong Kong Toy Fair two years ago; he also refers to Lontic being the Canadian distributor, while a company called Imex distributes in the US.

I don't think that's correct. Lontic appears to be based in the US, although they don't distribute Xidi anymore.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Fembrogon

I recently (finally?) bit the bullet and purchased several Kid Galaxy sets off of eBay, so I thought I'd list the sets and some details for the record.

Dinosaurs: Poseable Dinosaur Action 3-Pack

• copyrighted from 2017
  • marked "made in China"
  • style #20246
Genera:
  • Argentinosaurus
  • Styracosaurus
  • Australovenator

While Styracosaurus is certainly "inspired" by the older model featured in many Dorling Kindersley books, I'm not sure if the other two are based on prior designs; possibly they're inspired by some of DK's newer digital models, but I'm just speculating right now. This is actually the oldest-dated set of the four I acquired.

Dinosaurs: Dinosaur Action 10-Pack (8 small figures, 2 standard poseable)

• copyrighted from 2019
  • marked "made in China"
  • style #20435
Genera:
  • Giganotosaurus
  • Carnotaurus
  • Styracosaurus
  • Euoplocephalus
  • Suchomimus
  • Amargasaurus
  • Brachiosaurus
  • Allosaurus
  • Diceratops
  • Triceratops

This set offers more of a mishmash due to its size; I believe there is at least one other 10-Pack I've seen with a different variety (including a more DK-inspired Suchomimus). The Trike is definitely a shrunk-down imitation of a Hasbro JPIII figure, whereas the Carno and the Amarga give me more Chap Mei vibes. Warping is pretty bad on some of the theropods; I don't know if that's inherent in the design, or a byproduct of the (prolonged) packaging style.

Dinosaurs: Poseable Dinosaur Action 6-Pack "A"

• copyrighted 2020
  • marked "made in Indonesia"
  • listed as "20417" under the barcode
Genera:
  • Tyrannosaurus
  • Spinosaurus
  • Scaphonyx
  • Pachyrhinosaurus
  • Suchomimus
  • Brachiosaurus

The box is discreetly labeled as "Dinos A" on one of the inside cardboard flaps, so I'm assuming this is the "first" of the two 6-pack sets featured. These two boxed sets are usually the ones I see pop up when I'm searching for Kid Galaxy on eBay, although I think I saw another variant or two with Kid Galaxy branding recently.

Dinosaurs: Poseable Dinosaur Action 6-Pack "B"

• copyrighted 2020
  • marked "made in Indonesia"
  • listed as "20418" under the barcode
Genera:
  • Tyrannosaurus
  • Deinonychus
  • Ichthyovenator
  • Protoceratops
  • Giganotosaurus
  • Pachycephalosaurus

I find it interesting that these sets were produced in Indonesia rather than China, but that's probably a trivial detail. While both sets have obvious bootlegs, the herbivores are actually half-decent, and it's neat to see some of the classic DK models reworked into action figures, even unofficially. They're still pretty cheaply-made figures overall, though. It's the novelty of certain designs and and genera choices that ultimately make these noteworthy at all, not the quality.

Halichoeres

All mine had been made in China until quite recently. I got a Majungasaurus and Achelousaurus marked Indonesia, and figured they might be from an entirely different company, but maybe they actually are the same. They also differ from most (but not all) Happy Kin figures in not having the genus name stamped on the belly or tail.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Fembrogon

A lor of the Kid Galaxy 6-pack figures lack a name stamp too, which surprised me. I can't tell if there's any rhyme or reason to it; I wonder if Happy Kin just kind of quit that practice at some point.

I have that Majungasaurus and Achelousaurus too, and mine are also marked from Indonesia. Despite lacking the genus names, they do have the same sort of "KGxxxxxx" number printed on them as the Kid Galaxy releases; I suspect they're of Happy Kin origin as well, although I haven't seen photos of either in a complete set yet.

BlueKrono

I didn't know they made an Ichthyovenator! That's the third version of my favorite dinosaur. I bought two different color variants of it off of eBay this week. Thankfully most of these are cheap, even singly. Thank you for updating this thread avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon!
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Halichoeres

Glad you were able to get those avatar_BlueKrono @BlueKrono! There are still some I've never seen for sale in the States for some reason, like Germanodactylus and Abelisaurus.

Halichoeres

It looks like the Majungasaurus and Achelousaurus were part of this set, at least in China. The box has the "Happy Kin" logo in the lower right.

Wuerhosaurus     Achelousaurus
Yutyrannus       Majungasaurus
Shunosaurus      Acrocanthosaurus

Most of these I haven't seen in the States, but the Achelousaurus and Majungasaurus have made it into multi-packs available as "Member's Mark" at Sam's Club stores. It's odd that only some of them seem to make it to export.

Fembrogon

I like to say it's nice there's another toy for both Yutyrannus and Shunosaurus out there, but those are easily the homeliest renditions I've seen of either genus. Oh, well. Thanks for the update/info, avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres.

marisaura

the achelousaurus seems decent at least on the surface level. probably better than the old collecta one.

BlueKrono

Hmm... if anyone gets this set for one of the more uncommon species I'd be in for the Acrocanthosaurus.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: