News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceratopsian

I would call that the perfect early birthday present avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420!  Enjoy your day (eventually).

Sim

Wow, your PNSO Acrocanthosaurus looks great avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420!  Enjoy it! :)

Stegotyranno420

EmperorDinobot

Dinosaurs by the sunlight.
Even more animals came in. The seller who sold me the pnso minis forgot the Glyphoderma, so it will come soon. I have even more animals on the way.
I also rediscovered the Sciurumimus in an old box. I am not sure how it made it here, but it is a welcome but fuzzy addition  to Jurassic Park.
...still jobless and still in pain. Oh well, animals must always come first.

Blackdanter

After rummaging through boxes, I decided that I didn't have enough sauropods so I acquired some I'd missed out on in the intervening years. Sauropod figures seem to be getting smaller! I bought the CollectA Brontosaurus and Diplodocus, nicely detailed and the size of the figures reflects the price. The Mojo figures I like a lot more. Although still what I'd class as small figures for sauropods, they are actually great sculpts (better than I expected) and occupy the space with a lot of personality.

DragonRider02

Got a package with some new dino-related stuff. I got it all from an online bookstore, which, for some reason, had a really low prices compared to other places. I only paid around 55$ (including shipping) for all of this.
One of the things I was excited the most about is the 'Locked in time' book. It got realesed here in february and I have been meaning to get it since then, but I waited for CollectA 2022 figures to get in stock so I could order evetything together in one package. I am surprised this book got translated and published here, since we almost never get any proper books about paleontology, only generic, outdated kids encyclopedias.
Another things I have been meaning to get for ages are the Deluxe Beishanlong and the mini Dino toob from last year. It's first time I have bought one of these toobs, becouse the two previous ones mostly had downsized versions of the older models which I didn't care about much. But this new one has mini versions of models I actually like (although I would replace the Utahraptor with something more accurate) and I was really impressed with how some of these minis looked in Andy's YT review. In hand they're even more impressive! The details on some minis are so crisp and precise, I am really amazed! They look actually sharper than the full-sized versions, which is crazy. My favourite is the mini Mercuriceratops, I think it has the best details and paint application.

The last things are the 2022 Edmontosaurus and Smok. The first half of 2022 figures become avaiable here only around two weeks ago but for some reason the Pteranodon sternbergi wasn't among them, despite being present on the website of our CollectA distributor. After two weeks I assumed that for whatever reason shipping of that figure to our country got delayed and it will probably show up with second half of realeses in autumn. Of course literally two days after I placed my order, all the stores started getting the Pteranodon in stock  :P I must say I was quite annoyed by that, especially with the Pteranodon being my most wanted realese of 2022. Now I will probably have to wait till second half of the realeses becomes avaiable to get it... Or I need to find an exscuse to order another big pack of dinosaurs.

EmperorDinobot

Looks like we're all in a mini fad right now. I was going to buy some more PNSO minis this weekend.

SidB

I'd ordered the new Mojo Wooly Mammoth from Minizoo several weeks ago and it just arrived. I'm very pleased with this figure. It looked good on the promo release and in hand even better. I'm including these pictures of it with what I consider to be the gold standard of W. Mammoth figures, the old Carnegie Safari gem, which is quite superior to the CollectA, Papo and Schleich ones.
I think that the new Mojo figure stands in there very well. Mojo, whatever one may think of their dinosaur pieces in general, has consistently produced very nice Cenozoic mammals. This one is no exception. I just wish that they made more and a greater diversity of them.

Joliezac

That mammoth looks really lovely! It has excellent paintwork. I collect mainly extant species, so I ordered some of their 2022 wildlife figures. The paintwork was very poor on them, I'm glad to see the mammoth look good!

SidB

Quote from: Joliezac on July 03, 2022, 02:24:12 AMThat mammoth looks really lovely! It has excellent paintwork. I collect mainly extant species, so I ordered some of their 2022 wildlife figures. The paintwork was very poor on them, I'm glad to see the mammoth look good!
Sorry that you were disappointed with the paint application on their extants. Admittedly, I've never order any Mojo figures from that category, so I can't speak to that issue. Fortunately their extinct Cenozoics, of which I have most, seem to be painted well, and the sculpts have been commendable.

Thialfi

Stumbled upon the Safari Ltd. Cambrian critters toob for a fiver the other day, happily surprised! 😍

EmperorDinobot

Oh I'd love to own those critters.

MLMjp

Not the biggest of fan of the scene this comes from, but the cage makes it a pretty cool set nonetheless.

EmperorDinobot

I have not even seen the movie avatar_MLMjp @MLMjp , but I cannot complain over a lot that was half off! The woman's right bracelet is not even painted.

CityRaptor

Mattel and not painted bracelet? Reminds me of their MOTU figures.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

GiganotosaurusFan

Got a relic from the old times: the Vitae Giga.
Middle claw of the removable hand was broken off in shipping, but otherwise perfect!
Any Giganotosauruses are friends. Any other carnivores are...I think I'll run now.

DragonRider02

Thanks to Aliexpress giving me a quite big coupon two weeks ago I was able to get PNSO Mini Nyctosaurus for less than 1$. It has to be the best deal I ever got on anything!

PrimevalRaptor

Somehow wave 2 JWD stuff is already releasing in Germany (pleasant surprise after past stuff has been delayed for AGES or straight up not in stock, makes me hopeful for certain leaked sets) so with stuff like the really cool Megaraptor or the Atrociraptor I of course decided...

For the Rugops. Even though it's way more inaccurate than the CollectA one (hell I can take the feathers, as unlikely as they are but those two fingers...should have used more references man, abelisaurs somehow always suffer in the arm department huh?) I like it a lot, maybe it's cause I grew up with Chap Mei stuff besides the more accurate Safari/Carnegie and Schleich models I had as a kid but there's a certain charm to it and I do appreciate the abelisaur diversity that Mattel is giving us.

Roselaar

Found a few new JW gems locally:

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: