News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyForum

Recent Acquisitions, round 2. Ding ding ding!

This is a continuation of the previous Recent Aquisitions thread here: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=16.0

This is the reason for the new thread:

Quote from: dinotoyforum on July 28, 2018, 12:13:27 AM
I'm going to draw a line under this Recent Acquisitions topic. It has received over a million views and over ten thousand replies, that's quite an accomplishment! But that's more than enough for a single forum thread - I think 10,000 replies is a reasonable cut off point! So, I'll create a new thread of the same name, and turn this old thread into an archive.  C:-) May the next thread receive 10,000 replies and a million views, also!  :))

So, keep 'em coming. 8)

Dilopho

Well, that was the most epic forum thread ever.  ;D

Loon

Had a bit of a Jurassic" haul this week:

PhilSauria

Back in the day I checked that Predatory Dinosaurs book out of the local library soooo many times. Now I have my own copy and funnily enough it's an 'ex-library' copy! (I have no aversion to buying these - get 'em for a good price and with a protective plastic sleeve over the cover). I fear that the only way I'll see that Suchomimus on the shelf is if someone overseas buys it on my behalf (and I have a proxy lined up so we'll see how that plays out) - as nothing beyond the first wave appears to be showing up down here in Aus. Nice haul, as they say and thanks for sharing the experience.

Jose S.M.

Nice haul, the Stiggy are very cute. And congrats on being the first to post your acquisitions in the new thread avatar_Loon @Loon !

Neosodon

Is there anything inside those eggs? For some reason they look suspicious.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

mgaguilar

Great haul avatar_Loon @Loon. I'm waiting for the Spino to grab anymore Mattel at the moment.

Just got my second one in the mail! Now I have two, one in a standing position and the other in a lunging position.
About to order the orange-striped version. Can't make up my mind about ordering the 18C version.

Flaffy

Quote from: Loon on July 28, 2018, 01:02:41 AM
*snip*
avatar_Loon @Loon Question: Does the Yellow Galli come with the variant Dimorphodon? All marketing photos for the Yellow Galli come with the green crouching raptor.

Shonisaurus

The yellow gallimimus is very cool, for me the best figure in the group, but for that reason the stygimoloch and dimorphodon are beautiful.

docronnie

Just a week ago, I've acquired Robert Bakker's The Dinosaur Heresies. I have not finished it yet. Chapter 13 at the moment, but I'm also busy studying GINA 2018 at the same time. Need to finish it too. 😂😂😂

Congrats on your awesome hauls everyone! 😂
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Loon

Quote from: Flaffy on July 28, 2018, 10:51:25 AM
Quote from: Loon on July 28, 2018, 01:02:41 AM
*snip*
avatar_Loon @Loon Question: Does the Yellow Galli come with the variant Dimorphodon? All marketing photos for the Yellow Galli come with the green crouching raptor.
Yes, it comes with the green raptor; but, I already had one, so, I didn't figure like it was really new enough to share.

Faelrin

My mom found these today shopping at a Walmart. They were the only ones in stock too. So this nearly completes my Wave 2 (? Still not sure what is from which wave what at this point now) additions. It just leaves the Attack Pack Stygimoloch and Suchomimus left (I think). I love this Pteranodon's sounds so much, and the ball jointed head is pretty cool. Kind of reminds me of Rodan, which I suppose is appropriate in a way. The Imaginext Stiggy is pretty cute too. I'm not sure if I want to take it out of the package later since it looks pretty cool in the egg, but knowing me, I probably will. I'll have more pics in the Mattel JW thread:

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

mgaguilar

Nice grabs avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin!
Seems like everyone is on the hunt for Mattel lately.

This 'lil Mojo just shipped in:

Looking forward to seeing how Mojo grows as a company to provide better toys (as this one is still very much so a toy).
But if their 2018 releases (ever get released *ahem*) are anything to go by in terms of progress, this company may be a solid contender in 2020 for collections.

Nimravus

The new Mojo Tyranno is much better than I thought! I must give it another chance! I will think about it, but there is too much to acquire yet! :o

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Nimravus on July 30, 2018, 08:10:14 PM
The new Mojo Tyranno is much better than I thought! I must give it another chance! I will think about it, but there is too much to acquire yet! :o

I assure you that the figures of the Moran tyrannosaurus red version and green version in person are better than seeing them through any type of photos, both promotional, exhibition and collections of forum members.

Its material is very resistant when it comes to having falls. In fact, my two red and green tyrannosaurs from Mojo are on a shelf on both sides, two meters high and I can assure you that they have fallen on several occasions and have not suffered abrasions and damage. It is a pity that this year's Mojo dinosaurs are not made of the same material as they are made of PVC.

Summarizing the recommendations are interesting and remarkable figures of the best dinosaur pop art. They are paleoartistically very detaile

DragonRider02

Some new stuff I ordered from ED last week:

CollectA Deluxe Pteranodon-he may not be the most accurate or spectacular Pterosaur toy on the world, but it doesn't mean this guy is bad-I love his colors and the details on the wings! Oh, and I really wanted him when I was a kid (I grew up with CollectA).

Papo Blue Velociraptor- I JUST LOVE HOW COLORFULL AND EXPRESSIVE HE IS! My fav 'JP' Raptor toy at the moment.

CollectA Mosasaurus-Pretty and colorfull-My fav toy Marine Reptile at the moment. I Only wish inside of his mouth was more gloss, It would make him even more life-like!

Shonisaurus

I really like the pteranodon from Collecta deluxe from its old days, it is very well done compared to others from different companies.

Collecta's mosasaurus is one of my favorites and I do not even have to say that Papo's velociraptor Blue is very popular considering the success of the movie JW. I congratulate you on your new acquisitions Dragonrider02

Nimravus

Hi guys,

these are my new friends, the postman brought home last week!

The Quetzalcoatlus is magnificent, and really big! I would say in scale 1/20. The Brontosaurus is almost the same size as the Malawisaurus, Safari issued this year, worth for the money it costs.

Wrt the extants species, I fully recommend the CollectA's african civet and the leopard seal, although the others are nice as well (Papo's harbour seal, Schleich's wild boar and koala, and the SafariĀ“s red deer).

More pictures in my Thread.

Enjoy the Saturday!

stargatedalek

To many dinosaurs from the past few months I spent absent to really go over in detail (I'm not even sure I can remember whether quite a few things arrived before or after), so here are some silly Jurassic World figure highlights from the past few months instead:

AcroSauroTaurus

Got these recently, I know its not much, but worth posting right?
JWFK Metriacanthosaurus, "Stygimoloch", Baryonyx, and Parasaurolophus minis.
I am the Dinosaur King!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: