News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dinosaur Toy Blog changes

Started by DinoToyForum, April 12, 2012, 01:01:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

I think Nanmu needs to be added to the list of tags.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

DinoToyForum

Quote from: suspsy on February 10, 2022, 01:08:09 AM
I think Nanmu needs to be added to the list of tags.

Yes, I'll add it as a category.  :)

Fembrogon

Here's a question out of friendly curiosity: what is the "Uncategorized" category on the blog intended for? I was casually browsing sections on the Blog and noticed a lot of brand-labelled reviews also marked as "Uncategorized". Is it just sort of a wastebasket category in lieu of more relevant tags, or something?

On a related note, it looks like the two Kid Galaxy reviews have no tags besides the species attached to them at all. Those might benefit from the "Uncategorized" or "Unknown Company" tags at least, if not a unique "Kid Galaxy/Xidi/whatever" tag of their own.

Gwangi

I think the guest authors page on the DTB could use some cleaning up avatar_DinoToyForum @dinotoyforum . There is one guest author bio on that page for "Cloud the Dinosaur King" and then an outdated list of guest authors that includes some reviewers that are now official reviewers. Honestly I think that all that text could probably be deleted but that's just my own opinion. 

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Fembrogon on February 11, 2022, 05:05:17 AMHere's a question out of friendly curiosity: what is the "Uncategorized" category on the blog intended for? I was casually browsing sections on the Blog and noticed a lot of brand-labelled reviews also marked as "Uncategorized". Is it just sort of a wastebasket category in lieu of more relevant tags, or something?

On a related note, it looks like the two Kid Galaxy reviews have no tags besides the species attached to them at all. Those might benefit from the "Uncategorized" or "Unknown Company" tags at least, if not a unique "Kid Galaxy/Xidi/whatever" tag of their own.

"Uncategorized" is the default Wordpress category so it just means the poster hasn't unchecked the default. It's just a mistake and has no meaning.

Authors, remember to uncheck the "uncategorized" option when you allocate your reviews to categories! And remember to categorise/tag your reviews.  :)

Gwangi

I noticed that you responded to the post from February instead of mine from today avatar_DinoToyForum @dinotoyforum, just tagging you again in case you missed it.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Gwangi on June 12, 2022, 10:03:29 PMI noticed that you responded to the post from February instead of mine from today avatar_DinoToyForum @dinotoyforum, just tagging you again in case you missed it.

Ah, thanks for pointing that out! I'll tidy up the authors page soon.

Sim

Hi avatar_DinoToyForum @dinotoyforum, I have two questions:

1. Could you add Creative Beast Studio to the "Top companies" section?  Right now the way to find reviews of their figures is by using the "Filter by company or group" function; and there are three categories: Beasts of the Mesozoic, Creative Beast and Creative Beast Studio, all of which son't have the same results!  So it seems to me all reviews should have the "Creative Beast Studio" tag and that it would be good for this company to be in "Top companies" section.

2. Today I noticed while using the mention function on this forum that sometimes the letters I have typed in are highlighted in names that are suggested by the mention function and sometimes they aren't highlighted.  Do you know why that happens or if I should be worried about it?

DinoToyForum

I've added a blog author page for avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon (thanks to him for the bio picture): http://dinotoyblog.com/about-the-authors/fembrogon/

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Sim on July 28, 2022, 10:17:17 PMHi avatar_DinoToyForum @dinotoyforum, I have two questions:

1. Could you add Creative Beast Studio to the "Top companies" section?  Right now the way to find reviews of their figures is by using the "Filter by company or group" function; and there are three categories: Beasts of the Mesozoic, Creative Beast and Creative Beast Studio, all of which son't have the same results!  So it seems to me all reviews should have the "Creative Beast Studio" tag and that it would be good for this company to be in "Top companies" section.

2. Today I noticed while using the mention function on this forum that sometimes the letters I have typed in are highlighted in names that are suggested by the mention function and sometimes they aren't highlighted.  Do you know why that happens or if I should be worried about it?

Hi avatar_Sim @Sim, sorry, I'm only just seeing this comment now. The Creative Beast Studio issue definitely need solving, I'll do that. Edit to add. I just deleted the "Creative Beast" category, and made sure all reviews that were under that category are now under the "Creative Beast Studios" category.  I think this came about because the first ever (and very brief) Creative Beast Studios review was put under the category "Creative Beast": http://dinotoyblog.com/2015/07/10/velociraptor-creative-beast/

Are all Creative Beast Studios models, with the exception of that first 2015 prototype, in the line "Beasts of the Mesozoic"?

I'm not sure about the mentions function, is it still doing it?

Fembrogon

Creative Beast Studios does sell a few resin model kits, but the vast majority of their products right now (included those reviewed so far) are within the Beasts of the Mesozoic line. There's also the Cyberzoic line on the way, though, so those would be categorized under Creative Beast Studios but not Beasts of the Mesozoic.

Sim

Thanks for the reply avatar_DinoToyForum @dinotoyforum!  And thanks for dealing with the categories for Creative Beast Studio's stuff. :)  The mentions function is still doing that odd thing.  Will you add Creative Beast Studio to the top companies page?

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Fembrogon

Thank you! I really ought to draw & design more than I do.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Sim on August 24, 2022, 07:53:01 PMThanks for the reply avatar_DinoToyForum @dinotoyforum!  And thanks for dealing with the categories for Creative Beast Studio's stuff. :)  The mentions function is still doing that odd thing.  Will you add Creative Beast Studio to the top companies page?

I've just added Creative Beast Studio to the Top Companies page. Are there any other companies that we should also consider adding to that page? Any companies that have, say, more that 15 figure reviews on the blog?

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Sim

Thanks for adding Creative Beast Studio to the top companies page! :)

Halichoeres

There are more than 50 Yowie reviews, although some are from the Forgotten Friends series and I think destined for the Animal Toy Blog.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Halichoeres on August 26, 2022, 08:52:24 PMThere are more than 50 Yowie reviews, although some are from the Forgotten Friends series and I think destined for the Animal Toy Blog.

Those reviews have already been migrated to the Animal Toy Blog. I migrated them with the intention of deleting them from the Dinosaur Toy Blog but Sirenia ( avatar_indohyus @indohyus ) was unhappy with this when the time came to delete them, see the discussion here: http://animaltoyforum.com/index.php?topic=3001.40. So I've left the duplicates on the DTB for now, even though those reviews obviously don't belong there, out of respect for Sirenia's wishes. I'm hoping Sirenia will come around in time and see it makes sense to complete the migration properly.

DinoToyForum

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: