You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Does anyone have the Shane Foulkes apatosaurus or the Sean Cooper Argentinosaurus and can anyone show examples of the major model finishers'/painters' works?

Started by brettnj, July 21, 2022, 06:02:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brettnj

First, if there's a thread that answers the latter question especially, please feel free to refer me.

I'd been considering buying one of these but have issues with both.

I don't know how I feel about having to glue the apato (I have no finishing skills to hide the seams.) and the Argentino might be smaller than I'd like (and, I'm told, might require gluing as well).

Beyond that I'm extremely particular about paint/finishing and I'm told Shane Foulkes is no longer taking finishing jobs (I received no info about Sean Cooper.). As this would be an enormous expenditure for me the last thing thing I can afford is to receive something with which I'm not happy.

Martin Garratt and more recently Joe Nejberger were recommended, but I've not seen their work.

I'm also happy to receive other recommendations, but please note again that I am extremely particular about the quality I'd want.

Thanks.
Brett

brettnj

BlueKrono

Quote from: brettnj on July 23, 2022, 02:01:20 PMThis helps me a lot with the Argentino and Garratt.

Hopefully someone will have the apato.

Thank you.

I would think so... I believe the Apatosaurus is his best selling model.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

brettnj

Thanks very much. I wasn't familiar with that forum so will be happy to look at it.

Unfortunately, I was told that Martin can't finish the apato due to its size.

Jetdin

Hi!
i have the sean cooper argentinosaurus.
i painted it myself though so the colouring is nowhere near that of the professional artists' work haha.

here is my video review of the animal:

https://youtu.be/MnePL8OQBCc

brettnj

Thanks for sending. I think I'm moving away from the sauropods and toward the new Krentz triceratops but will look at video this afternoon.

Brett

Jetdin

Creature

Here's a link to Shane Foulkes' website and a gallery of his buildups: http://cretaceouscreationsofamerica.com/build_up.html
If he's stopped taking painting commissions, he hasn't indicated such on his website. You could always email him and ask directly.
Instagram: where I play with dinosaurs, horses, and action figures.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.